Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167201 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #660 on: June 30, 2016, 03:43:13 am »

Lost 6 matches in a row, losing nearly an entire rank each time. Finally won once, gained about 5% of a rank.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 30, 2016, 10:17:45 am »

Lost 6 matches in a row, losing nearly an entire rank each time. Finally won once, gained about 5% of a rank.

Was it a KOTH map you won?  I think there is a bug where they are awarding only 10% of the points for KOTH maps.  Hopefully they fix that soon.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 30, 2016, 10:57:23 am »

So Competitive is already shaping up amazingly, 3 of my placement matches had leavers. Yet I still somehow got ranked 51, so that's kinda okay I guess.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 30, 2016, 11:30:18 am »

I had a ton of leavers, too. Like I said, tired of crappy randoms.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 30, 2016, 02:50:20 pm »

Had a guy in my team that actually played Symmetra on the last point of Gibraltar (Defense), claiming that it was our fault we were losing because he (sic) "can't do alone". Meanwhile, I was hovering over him as Pharah, killing pretty much everyone while he was doing tiny amounts of damage. Well, at least I had +25 health -.-

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 30, 2016, 03:52:56 pm »

As a guy who loves playing Symmetra, she's the last person who should complain.  If the enemy team is kicking ass, I always switch off Symmetra because she sucks when the enemy team has good momentum. 

Gibraltar isn't one of the maps shes all that great on either.  Maybe alright on the hanger bay area, but that is about it.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 03:54:33 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 30, 2016, 04:02:06 pm »

As a guy who loves playing Symmetra, she's the last person who should complain.  If the enemy team is kicking ass, I always switch off Symmetra because she sucks when the enemy team has good momentum. 

Gibraltar isn't one of the maps shes all that great on either.  Maybe alright on the hanger bay area, but that is about it.

At the start of the map and in the indoors area she can be pretty great, but after that she's mostly useless in my opinion. Her teleporter is amazing though for defending the first and second checkpoint, since the spawn for those is pretty far back.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 30, 2016, 06:20:23 pm »

Symmetra is kinda funny because she's a support who really needs to be supported herself to do jack shit in combat.  Put a Zarya bubble on her, Torb's armor, Winston/Reinhardt shield, or just distract for her and she can go pretty ham with the laser.  But on her own she would have a hard time solo killing Mercy.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 30, 2016, 06:28:05 pm »

Symmetra is kinda funny because she's a support who really needs to be supported herself to do jack shit in combat.  Put a Zarya bubble on her, Torb's armor, Winston/Reinhardt shield, or just distract for her and she can go pretty ham with the laser.  But on her own she would have a hard time solo killing Mercy.

Haha, yea, although Mercy would go down pretty quick if she is in laser range without ally to fly to.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 30, 2016, 07:26:27 pm »

Heads up

The rewards for King of the Hill maps (like Nepal) are bugged at the moment.  You get much less EXP and Comp Ranking that you are supposed to get.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 30, 2016, 07:46:43 pm »

Heads up

The rewards for King of the Hill maps (like Nepal) are bugged at the moment.  You get much less EXP and Comp Ranking that you are supposed to get.

Currently watching a stream, from that it seems like they just now patched that server-side, like, a few minutes ago.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 30, 2016, 07:53:09 pm »

Heads up

Currently watching a stream, from that it seems like they just now patched that server-side, like, a few minutes ago.

Oh, well that's great then.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 30, 2016, 10:07:54 pm »

Symmetra can rack up a ton of kills just spamming giants orbs of death through any choke point, provided her teammates are covering the same choke point so the enemies can't just sprint through as a group. And her main fire should win more often than not against any of the squishy speedsters who try to flank, just by holding down fire while circling.

Good turret placement is key to excelling as Symmetra though. Anywhere overhead is usually effective, as the enemy will have to look up for a second to kill it, giving your allies an opening to strike. Personally, I'm also fond of hiding turrets in bushes where they are completely invisible until they start shooting. Though if things get ugly, just throwing them out anywhere can be effective in the middle of a melee. But most importantly, don't place them right next to each other where they can all be killed at once, but put them close enough so that two or three can hit a target simultaneously and kill them before they retaliate.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 30, 2016, 10:47:10 pm »

PTW

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: July 01, 2016, 12:52:38 am »

I'm already ranked in DOTA, I'm not going to get ranked in this.

Unless the usual suspects want to get together a competitive team I guess.  But for me solo Overwatch is a casual game.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 107