Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 227629 times)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 2 running
« Reply #240 on: April 04, 2015, 06:34:16 pm »

Recruit more people.
Cultists: Make the inquisitors focus on somebody else.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 05, 2015, 12:38:01 pm »

Recruit more people.
Cultists: Make the inquisitors focus on somebody else.
[5] You call out to the denizens of the night and recruit all you can (+100 cultists).

cultists: [5] They draw the inquisitors' attention away from you, and manage to wrestle them down causing them to miss this turn

Inquisitors: do a thing
[irrelevant] They are busy being distracted and can't do anything

Giant Paul: Use psionics to bother Plague doctor
[4] He moves gravel around Plague doctor's feet so Plague doctor is constantly stepping on sharp bits.
P. cultists: Attack Carl Yelvin, his heresy against the great Paul is UNFORGIVABLE!
[6] They go into a righteous fervor and strike at CY, who is undefended but manages to fight them off... barely... (CY heavily wounded, -25 P. cultists)

Lucifer:[3] He doesn't betray MM, but he's considering it.
Slay the beast of the night!
[4] He dives for Nightmare, exposed due to the cave base still being flooded and having no followers defending her. With his higher strength and weapons he demolishes her, leaving her on death's door (Nightmare mortally wounded).
L. cultists/chosen: bring forth the light! Reveal these creatures to the world!
[3] They make internet videos and write articles about the various horrors that are running around now. Word is out there now, but most think they're just a bunch of nutjobs. (Existence of horrors poorly revealed).

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 05, 2015, 07:10:55 pm »

Empower cultists.
70 cultists: Finish off Carl Yelvin 50 cultists: Protect Mad Matron The rest: Distract inquisitors
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 05:11:03 pm by wipeout1024 »

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors
« Reply #243 on: April 05, 2015, 10:32:55 pm »

It seems as though one of my rivals, no, OUR rivals are on their way into the afterlife. I say we band together, just for one moment, to make sure this 'Nightmare', this being of fear, is destroyed once and for all.

I say we band together for an...

All out attack

Me: Use my wings to not step on sharp, pointy objects any more and FRIGGIN MURDER NIGHTMARE!
He also has massive shadowy wings which are much, much larger than needed for flight.
Anti-medicine cultists: Make friends with Giant Paul and co.!
Armed dudes: Assassinate as many inquisitors as you can! From a distance of course.
Jeffrey: Wow, looks like we really did run from our problems with no consequences.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 06, 2015, 07:58:17 am »

Heal myself.

Cultists:
Smite that ungrateful wretch who dared to raise a finger against me

I do stuff, I guess

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 06, 2015, 09:14:27 am »

"I Really hate those Steel Golems."

Me: Summon some Ogres from the Land of FABLES, Not the Land of Myths. That place is a Dump. If I have leftover time I Magically Heal Myself. If the Steel Golems attack I Teleport the Heck away from them, After Carpet Bombing them with Heavenly(Magical) Lightning while Flying in the Sky.
Ogres: Try to put a *Dent* in The Steel Golem Inquisitors using Tree Trunks as Clubs.
10 Wizards: Create Steel Golems.
10 Wizards: Defend Me.
4 Minotaurs+5 Steel Golems: Attack the Jock Inquisitors, Not the Murderous Terminators.
19 Cultists: Recruit, Recruit, and then Recruit some More.
20 Cultists: Start up a Propaganda Campaign to spread Knowledge of me, And hopefully Recruit more Cultists.
10 Cultists: Find an Abandoned Warehouse to serve as a Headquarters.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 09:36:00 am by Ardent Debater »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors
« Reply #246 on: April 06, 2015, 12:44:37 pm »

It seems as though one of my rivals, no, OUR rivals are on their way into the afterlife. I say we band together, just for one moment, to make sure this 'Nightmare', this being of fear, is destroyed once and for all.

I say we band together for an...

All out attack

Me: Use my wings to not step on sharp, pointy objects any more and FRIGGIN MURDER NIGHTMARE!
He also has massive shadowy wings which are much, much larger than needed for flight.
Anti-medicine cultists: Make friends with Giant Paul and co.!
Armed dudes: Assassinate as many inquisitors as you can! From a distance of course.
Jeffrey: Wow, looks like we really did run from our problems with no consequences.

[1] You suddenly remember why you don't use your wings: you are really bad at flying from lack of practice. You fall flat on your face and get cut up by gravel (lightly wounded).
cultists:
[4] They make friends with Giant Paul and his followers (well, some of them anyway). Paul and his followers won't attack you if they can help it (friends with Giant Paul).
[1] They accidentally shoot each other. Damn you, poor organization! (-50 armed cultists).
Jeff: [6] He does a thing, and it comes back to bite you
Jeff: smoke upwind from cultists
[5] He fills his lungs with some black murk and, somehow despite not knowing where you are, sends some into the noses of your cultists. They are afflicted by black lung, and will die in 5 turns if not cured. They also have an extra roll to see if they fail to do anything, but it's only a 1-in-6 chance (cultists have black lung).

Inquisitors: arm yourselves
[6] they get access to a large amount of pure alcohol. That stuff will burn organic matter like nobody's business (-60 inquisitors, inquisitors have access to pure alcohol)

Heal myself.

Cultists:
Smite that ungrateful wretch who dared to raise a finger against me

[1] Whoops, you try to lick your wounds and open them further. You bleed out (Nightmare is dead).
cultists:
[3] they attack Lucifer with all they can, but Lucifer is not exactly a pushover. They manage to damage him, but the victory is pyrrhic if it can be considered a victory at all (-50 cultists, -25 assassin cultists, Lucifer lightly wounded).

Inquisitors: Arm yourselves!
[6] They get access to a bank of missiles. It will surely destroy your entire legion if used. Also, some of them get shot by the guys guarding said missiles (inquisitors gain missiles, -40 inquisitors).

"I Really hate those Steel Golems."

Me: Summon some Ogres from the Land of FABLES, Not the Land of Myths. That place is a Dump. If I have leftover time I Magically Heal Myself. If the Steel Golems attack I Teleport the Heck away from them, After Carpet Bombing them with Heavenly(Magical) Lightning while Flying in the Sky.
Ogres: Try to put a *Dent* in The Steel Golem Inquisitors using Tree Trunks as Clubs.
10 Wizards: Create Steel Golems.
10 Wizards: Defend Me.
4 Minotaurs+5 Steel Golems: Attack the Jock Inquisitors, Not the Murderous Terminators.
19 Cultists: Recruit, Recruit, and then Recruit some More.
20 Cultists: Start up a Propaganda Campaign to spread Knowledge of me, And hopefully Recruit more Cultists.
10 Cultists: Find an Abandoned Warehouse to serve as a Headquarters.

[5] You manage to summon a great number of ogres, and luckily they actually like you. You gain nothing else because you are still only one horror and can't do more than one thing at a time (+50 ogres).
Ogres: [6] They don't have time to rip frickin trees out of the ground so they just charge into battle empty handed. There is a cacophony of clangs and crunching of bones. You are too nervous to look, but you can tell that nobody survived the fight (-20 steel inquisitors, -50 ogres).
wee-zards: [2] They can't conjure the golems, they're too scared from seeing what happened to the minotaurs.
[2] They don't wanna guard, they care for their own lives more than yours, the selfish bastards.
Attacking inquisitors: [1] The attack is a logistical nightmare. The golems mistook your minotaurs for inquisitors because they had the blood of your cultists on their mouths, and the minotaurs fought back. They never even got near the inquisitors (-4 minotaurs, -2 steel golems).

Recruiting (with 39 cultists because you only get one recruiting action): [4] They pull together many people and get them to join your cult (+50 cultists).
find warehouse: [4] With their limited numbers they see a potential base off in the distance, but you'll have to actually put some personnel into moving there and actually making it a decent base (found abandoned warehouse, not moved in).

Inquisitors: recruit
[3] They manage to find some people to join them, but not that many (+25 inquisitors)

((I'll post the end of turn tally momentarily))
Edit: dammit AD, why must you take so many actions? I might have to start auto-failing them if actions have too few people taking them to succeed... Also, forgot the inquisitors again.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 06, 2015, 01:16:39 pm »

End of turn 14.
score:
Nightmare - 55 cultists, 8 assassin cultists, flooded cave base with flame thrower defenses, 16 inquisitors, inquisitors active, inquisitors have missiles, secured Orb of Stalwart 1, has plushies, glorious presence, has been summoned,  plushies distributed, plushie market flooded, plushie warehouse literally flooded, DEAD
Carl Yelvin - 109 cultists, 20 chosen, dragon blood, access to Orb of Stalwart 3, access to orb of Stalwart 4, access to orb of stalwart 5, summoned, 50 inquisitors, inquisitors active, 3 steel golems, heavily wounded, found abandoned warehouse (not moved in)
Plauge Doctor - 25 armed cultists with black lung,  50 antimedicine cultists with black lung, 65 inquisitors, inquisitors have pure alcohol (weapon), inquisitors can treat plague victims, access to Orb of Stalwart 2, has dragon blood, Jeff (3), has been summoned, escaped Jeff for now, inquisitors active, 150 civilians dead of disease, least hated by Lucifer, friends with Giant Paul, lightly wounded
Mad matron - 175 cultists, 25 inquisitors, Inquisitors have liquid nitrogen, access to Orb of Stalwart 2, has dragon blood, has been summoned, Giant Paul, 60 armed Paul's cultists, has found Nightmare's base, Lucifer w/ Shadowbane and angelic armor (lightly wounded), 15 Lucifer's chosen, 30 Lucifer cultists
Other: existence of horrors poorly revealed (in spite of the inquisitors' efforts and CY's reckless exposing of his summoned beasts)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 06, 2015, 02:30:59 pm »

((Sorry, I just wanna maximize my Turn's Effectiveness,I'll try to use less actions from now on.))

Me: Create some FRIENDLY Steel Golems and Move into the Warehouse.
15 Wizards: Create some FRIENDLY Steel Golems and Move into the Warehouse.
79 Cultists+All Steel Golems: Purge The Inquisitors.
30 Cultists+5 Wizards: The Cultists Build Barricades and Defenses around the Warehouse to make it harder to Attack/Damage while The Wizards make sure the Cultists don't screw up anything.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 06, 2015, 05:40:29 pm »

Empower cultists.
70 cultists: Finish off Carl Yelvin 50 cultists: Protect Mad Matron The rest: Distract inquisitors
[2] You can't help them, all you know is fear TnT.
cultists:
[4] They charge into battle and attack Carl Yelvin, who is undefended because his wizards a bunch of lazy asses. They trip him and he gets cut up falling through trees, and with only a few casualties because he's a bit of a nancyboy in physical combat. (Carl Yelvin mortally wounded, -20 cultists)
[3] They protect you, but they could probably be scared off fairly easily with an overwhelming force. (50 cultists guarding)
[5] They prevent the inquisitors from doing anything once again (Inq. miss turn)

Paul: steal some cultists from Nightmare, she won't need them anymore
[2] Paul fails his subterfuge, they are too loyal to give up serving Nightmare just because of a little thing like her death.
P. cultists: guard Paul
[2] As if the big lug needs MORE protection, they decide to grab some beers instead.

Lucifer: [5] He doesn't feel at all compelled to turn on MM right now, instead he will: Attack this heathen who is bringing these hideous abominations into the world! Down with the giant warlock!
[2] Actually, nah, he seems like he's had enough.
L. cultists: learn the ways of light! Become the chosen!
[4] They manage to learn the ways of light, but Lucifer leaves out the parts about treachery. His other chosen help out (30 cultists made into chosen).

[irrelevant] They are too distracted. Stupid sexy cultists.
((Sorry, I just wanna maximize my Turn's Effectiveness,I'll try to use less actions from now on.))

Me: Create some FRIENDLY Steel Golems and Move into the Warehouse.
15 Wizards: Create some FRIENDLY Steel Golems and Move into the Warehouse.
79 Cultists+All Steel Golems: Purge The Inquisitors.
30 Cultists+5 Wizards: The Cultists Build Barricades and Defenses around the Warehouse to make it harder to Attack/Damage while The Wizards make sure the Cultists don't screw up anything.

((That's fine, but I'm always a little unsure whether I should let you do something or not, since you clearly don't want something that badly if you'll only devote ten people to doing it, and having to roll eight times for one person's action for one turn is a little tedious. Wipeout gets a pass because he has three horrors using his turn slot, but you were munchkin-ing it up over here.))
Golemancy: [6] You and your wizards create some steel golems out of wreckage. Not all of them are friendly (+7 steel golems, +3 steel inquisitors)
purge: [4] They strike with righteous fervor and crush all the inquisitors. They were NOT prepared. Quite fortunate that there were so few (-50 inquisitors, -3 steel inquisitors, -2 steel golems, -25 cultists).
building: [3] They put up a few dozen sticks around the warehouse. Yep, that'll keep them out (no, it won't). (weak twig fence made)

[irrelevant] they are all dead

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 06, 2015, 05:46:19 pm »

Recruit more people.
50 cultists: Kill Carl Yelvin 60 cultists: Keep on guarding Mad Matron. The rest: Find weapons for all of the Mad Matron's cultists.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 10:41:12 pm by wipeout1024 »

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 06, 2015, 09:12:38 pm »

I...we... didn't even need to do anything. She killed herself.
I'm starting to reconsider my choices in rivalry.

Me: Swoop in and recruit as many of the dead Nightmare's cultists before they disband! Remind them that I might be able to smog up the world, thus creating eternal night. Jeff probably can too.
Unarmed dudes: Try to make some full-body armor that is NOT made out of organic matter and give it to the armed guys!
Armed dudes: I just realized that Carl might be mortally wounded, so snipe him, I guess.
Geoffrey: As you will die not too soon from now, contemplate the meaning of life.
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 06, 2015, 10:17:15 pm »

I...we... didn't even need to do anything. She killed herself.
I'm starting to reconsider my choices in rivalry.

Me: Swoop in and recruit as many of the dead Nightmare's cultists before they disband! Remind them that I might be able to smog up the world, thus creating eternal night. Jeff probably can too.
Unarmed dudes: Try to make some full-body armor that is NOT made out of organic matter and give it to the armed guys!
Armed dudes: I just realized that Carl might be mortally wounded, so snipe him, I guess.
Geoffrey: As you will die not too soon from now, contemplate the meaning of life.

[4] They aren't moved by your demands until you mention eternal night. Suddenly some of them join you for hopes of the dream they never had before. Of course, they don't know how unreliable Jeff is, but that's not going to come back to bite you right? (stole 25 cultists from Nightmare).
Cultists:
[1] Your unarmed guys are too busy hacking their lungs out (no, not with an axe, though given what's coming out of their lungs they're considering it) to find body armor
armed: [6] They manage to not waste a turn coughing
[2] They decide that since he's on death's door anyway they'll just drink some cough syrup and rest for the turn instead.
Jeff: [1] Instead of doing that, he spends the entire turn staring into space contemplating the meaning of... wait a minute...

((Nightmare still gets a turn because she still has cultists to act out her will for her... though if you'd rather just dissolve your cult that's fine too))
Edit: Jeez, I'm doing badly at keeping the inquisitors moving

Inquisitors: Dump alcohol on Plague doctor
[6] They manage to creep in and dump some raw alcohol directly onto plague doctor's body. Being made of disease, it has some... rather nasty effects on his physiology, including large pustules erupting and spewing diseased slime everywhere.  Several of the inquisitors get caught in the pus and catch the plague. (Plague doctor moderately wounded and burning, inquisitors plagued)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 06, 2015, 11:32:48 pm »

Great, just what has he discovered this time? You better not smog up my healthy cultists... at least, not yet anyway.

Me: Walk up to Carl and murder him myself. Stupid humans can't get anything done...
Smoked cultists: Go to the inquisitors for help with your illness. Do not reveal that you are followers of me. Be sure to poison the water supply on your way back.
Non- smoked cultists minus one: Tell everyone that the Mad Matron is real, and also very evil. Exaggerate if you have to.
Single non-smoked cultist: Take some weapons from one of the armed guys and go find Jeff, then ask him what he's found.
carrot cakeu

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 07, 2015, 04:01:17 am »

((Aww...I'm dead. Can I still control my remaining cultists?))
I do stuff, I guess
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 121