Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 227665 times)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors - game 2 running
« Reply #225 on: April 02, 2015, 04:10:14 am »

50 cultists: find a better base. Rest: Recruit
Ain't nobody got time for that.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 02, 2015, 07:45:52 am »

Can I deport Lucius and make him the Mad Matron's responsiblity?

Cultists: Save the plushies!
Assassins: Train 35 cultists to become assassins.
I do stuff, I guess

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 02, 2015, 09:33:14 am »

((Updated Action.))

Me: Summon As Many Minoutars as Possible.
20 Wizards: Convert more Cultists at Comicon and use Spells as proof of my existence.
18 Minotaurs and 20 Scrap Golems: Kill the Inquisitors.
40 Cultists: Attempt to Build a Bad-Ass Wizard Tower in the Mountains.
Newly Summoned Minotaurs: Help the Cultists with any heavy Labor while Building.
5 Wizards: Supervise The Cultists Building to minimize the chance of them screwing up.
10 Wizards: Create some Durable Metal Golems using the Car Metal from the Deceased Inquisitor's Cars.
5 Cultists and 2 Scrap Golems: Recruit more Followers and use The Scrap Golems as Proof.
10 Plagued Cultists: Unleash an Internet Campaign against The Plague Doctor's Cruelty and Encourage Fellow Nerds to join Carl Yelvin to defeat them in Glorious Combat.
10 Plagued Cultists: Attempt to Spread Diseases to Nightmare's Cult, Along with Attacking them.Carl Yelvin tells them that they'll finally get a Girlfriend in the Afterlife.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 02, 2015, 12:03:08 pm »

((Updated Action.))

Me: Summon As Many Minoutars as Possible.
20 Wizards: Convert more Cultists at Comicon and use Spells as proof of my existence.
18 Minotaurs and 20 Scrap Golems: Kill the Inquisitors.
40 Cultists: Attempt to Build a Bad-Ass Wizard Tower in the Mountains.
Newly Summoned Minotaurs: Help the Cultists with any heavy Labor while Building.
5 Wizards: Supervise The Cultists Building to minimize the chance of them screwing up.
10 Wizards: Create some Durable Metal Golems using the Car Metal from the Deceased Inquisitor's Cars.
5 Cultists and 2 Scrap Golems: Recruit more Followers and use The Scrap Golems as Proof.
10 Plagued Cultists: Unleash an Internet Campaign against The Plague Doctor's Cruelty and Encourage Fellow Nerds to join Carl Yelvin to defeat them in Glorious Combat.
10 Plagued Cultists: Attempt to Spread Diseases to Nightmare's Cult, Along with Attacking them.Carl Yelvin tells them that they'll finally get a Girlfriend in the Afterlife.

[4] You summon minotaurs, they are here now (+25 minotaurs).
Wizards: [4] They conjure and recruit and recruit and conjure for most of the day. (+50 cultists)
Minotaurs and SGs: [4] they attack the inquisitors and kill them all (-25 inquisitors, -9 minotaurs, -7 golems)

cultists: [4] They build a decent tower out of lumber. It's not big enough to house the veritable army of followers you have, but it's enough to house your huge form, which is impressive for a day's work on such short notice. (Tower built)
New minotaurs: [2] They spend the whole day snarling and stomping. It actually slows down construction a little, but not enough to make a difference.
Wizards: [5] They expertly direct the building without getting into arguments over semantics. It allows the builders to finish in a timely manner, despite your lack of materials.
Other wizards: [6] They build a bunch of huge durable golems out of metal and give it life. They probably should have made sure it was friendly life. (+20 steel golem inquisitors, inquisitors activated))

And now for the ridiculously understaffed crews:
Cultists and golems: [2] Remarkably, 5 dudes waving dolls made of circuit boards doesn't enthrall people to join you.
PC 1: [6] They don't know anything about the Plague Doctor's tyranny, but they make stuff up for you. they just happen to forget the part about joining you and end up causing a huge flame war between PD's cultists and inquisitors, and people sympathetic to both (+50 PD inquisitors, +25 cultists).
((For future reference, this is how that sort of action is usually going to go, if you try to cause controversy over someone else you'll get more inquisitors on them, not more followers for yourself))
PC 2: [4] One thing at a time, they go to plague Nightmare's cultists, and infect 2 people per person. Some of them get shot by the assassins on the way out (-5 Plagued cultists, 20 plagued NM cultists)

((In the future, don't have more than one group of cultists doing recruiting, otherwise I'll just lump them all together. I'll let you get away with it this time though.))

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 02, 2015, 02:57:41 pm »

((Hey Aslandus, Can you Post a Troop/Supplies/Status Update every time you Update? It makes it easier to plan.))

Me: Remove the Life Force from the Hostile Golems and create some More Wizards, Then Command that Only Wizards and High-Ranking Cultists are to dwell in the Tower.
10 Wizards: Go To The Nearest Nerd Convention and Recruit Cultists using Spells as Proof.
15 Plagued Cultists, 100 Cultists, 15 Scrap Golems, and 34 Minotaurs: Attack Nightmare's Cult.
15 Cultists: Find an abandoned Scrapyard near the Wizard Tower.
15 Wizards: Blanket the Wizard Tower with Wards Spells and Incantations.
10 Wizards: Summon some more Minotaurs.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 02, 2015, 03:03:32 pm »

((Oh Yeah, Sorry to Double Post, But Aslandus, I'm not going to be able to Access the Internet for the next three days so Posts are Likely to be scarce, I Just Summon Minotaurs until the Number is above 250, If it's above 250 I Make more Wizards. Half of the Wizards recruit Cultists with Spells and the Other Half Create Steel Golems. The Minotaurs, Cultists, and Golems guard the Wizard Tower unless They have the Plague, In which case they Attack Nightmare's or The Mad Matron's Cult, If My Horde of Followers out number any other Cult by a 5-1 Margin than half of them attack unless they have Fortifications, In which case they only do so if they outnumber the Enemies by 10-1. Any Idlers just Guard the Tower.))

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 02, 2015, 03:48:31 pm »

((Hey Aslandus, Can you Post a Troop/Supplies/Status Update every time you Update? It makes it easier to plan.))
((So much changes every turn that it's already hard enough to get this stuff written out between turns (even with me putting the stuff that actually changes in parentheses), it would only be of marginal benefit anyway since most of these guys aren't minmaxing things as much as you. If they all agree we should have a score tracker every action, then I'll do it, but right now it seems like too much work for not enough benefit.))

((Oh Yeah, Sorry to Double Post, But Aslandus, I'm not going to be able to Access the Internet for the next three days so Posts are Likely to be scarce, I Just Summon Minotaurs until the Number is above 250, If it's above 250 I Make more Wizards. Half of the Wizards recruit Cultists with Spells and the Other Half Create Steel Golems. The Minotaurs, Cultists, and Golems guard the Wizard Tower unless They have the Plague, In which case they Attack Nightmare's or The Mad Matron's Cult, If My Horde of Followers out number any other Cult by a 5-1 Margin than half of them attack unless they have Fortifications, In which case they only do so if they outnumber the Enemies by 10-1. Any Idlers just Guard the Tower.))
((Just so you know, the spells aren't actually helping recruiting at all, they're not really any better at recruiting than most of your cultists. Fair enough on the orders though, see you in three days.))

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 03, 2015, 02:31:56 am »

((I'M BACK BABY))
Enough dilly-dallying. It is time to tear through my rivals, so that they cannot interfere.

Me:Go to Carl's base, activate presence skill, and TEAR THROUGH EVERYTHING! Use Plague, spit acid, crush their weak bodies, DESTROY DESTROY DESTROY!
Cultists: Keep on recruiting anti-medicine crazies
Jeff: Make friends with the other horrors or something. I dunno.

((Wait, shoudn't I have a couple more cultists? Or did my last "recruit anti-medicine crazies" not do anything?))
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 03, 2015, 08:14:16 am »

((OK, Got access to a Computer. Also, I'd be a Lot more Enticed to Join a Cult after witnessing it's Followers fling around Fireballs and Lightning, I figure the Wizards would do at least slightly better than the Average Cultist. Not Counting convincing Power Hungry Nerds to join.))

((Updated Action))

Me: Magically Speak to the PD Inquisitors and encourage them to Join me In a Final Battle against the Forces of Pestilence, Inspire The Steel Inquisitors to Attack The Plague Doctor instead of me,Then Command that Only Wizards and High-Ranking Cultists are to dwell in the Tower. When the Plague Doctor Shows up I UTTERLY FRICKEN' NUKE HIM with Enough Destructive Magic to Outdo 10 Archmages, I do this from a VERY FAR distance, Of course. When he Shows up I use Magic to Teleport to the Fantasy Shop until the Battle's Over.
10 Wizards, 100 Cultists, 15 Scrap Golems, The PD Inquisitors if they show up, and All Minotaurs: Attack The Plague Doctor when he Shows up at the Tower
15 Wizards: Blanket the Wizard Tower with Defensive Wards to make it as Strong as Steel, Then Provide Defensive Support for the Battle.
10 Wizards: Summon some more Minotaurs, Then Provide Defensive Support for the Battle.
15 Plagued Cultists: Keep up the Smear Campaign.

"May The Better Eldritch Horror win. Also, I just realized that I'm pretty much the Good Guy! That's So Awesome!"
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 08:18:41 am by Ardent Debater »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 03, 2015, 09:54:11 am »

((OK, Got access to a Computer. Also, I'd be a Lot more Enticed to Join a Cult after witnessing it's Followers fling around Fireballs and Lightning, I figure the Wizards would do at least slightly better than the Average Cultist. Not Counting convincing Power Hungry Nerds to join.))

((Updated Action))

Me: Magically Speak to the PD Inquisitors and encourage them to Join me In a Final Battle against the Forces of Pestilence, Inspire The Steel Inquisitors to Attack The Plague Doctor instead of me,Then Command that Only Wizards and High-Ranking Cultists are to dwell in the Tower. When the Plague Doctor Shows up I UTTERLY FRICKEN' NUKE HIM with Enough Destructive Magic to Outdo 10 Archmages, I do this from a VERY FAR distance, Of course. When he Shows up I use Magic to Teleport to the Fantasy Shop until the Battle's Over.
10 Wizards, 100 Cultists, 15 Scrap Golems, The PD Inquisitors if they show up, and All Minotaurs: Attack The Plague Doctor when he Shows up at the Tower
15 Wizards: Blanket the Wizard Tower with Defensive Wards to make it as Strong as Steel, Then Provide Defensive Support for the Battle.
10 Wizards: Summon some more Minotaurs, Then Provide Defensive Support for the Battle.
15 Plagued Cultists: Keep up the Smear Campaign.

"May The Better Eldritch Horror win. Also, I just realized that I'm pretty much the Good Guy! That's So Awesome!"
((A little late on the draw there compadre, by the time this action goes through he will have attacked and left. Next time post guards BEFORE he attacks, you have the personnel to spare.))

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 03, 2015, 10:17:15 am »

((I'M BACK BABY))
Enough dilly-dallying. It is time to tear through my rivals, so that they cannot interfere.

Me:Go to Carl's base, activate presence skill, and TEAR THROUGH EVERYTHING! Use Plague, spit acid, crush their weak bodies, DESTROY DESTROY DESTROY!
Cultists: Keep on recruiting anti-medicine crazies
Jeff: Make friends with the other horrors or something. I dunno.

((Wait, shoudn't I have a couple more cultists? Or did my last "recruit anti-medicine crazies" not do anything?))
((Partial success ain't enough for both actions, even if they are minor, so I just did the first one))
[5] You traipse through CY's base making people feel a little itchy as you pass by because you don't actually have a malignant presence. You also punch through the walls of his tower and tear his golems to bits, and spray acid onto his cultists and minions, melting several of them into viscous goo and leaving the rest horrified. all without getting a single scratch on yourself. (CY: tower badly damaged, -10 minotaurs, -50 cultists, -10 scrap golems)
cultists:
[6] they go around recruiting the loonies that hate medicine, thereby taking them out of the general public (People will no longer refuse treatment, +50 antimedicine cultists)
Jeff: [2] he decides to take a smoke break
J. cultists: Get some weapons
[1] They accidentally impale themselves on stakes. Whoops (-20 Jeff's chosen).

Paul heals. At the end of next turn he and Lucius will transform.
End of turn 12.
Score:
Nightmare - 125 cultists, 20 plagued cultists, 13 assassin cultists, flooded cave base with flame thrower defenses, 31 inquisitors, inquisitors active, secured Orb of Stalwart 1, has plushies, glorious presence, has been summoned, Lucius (1), 15 lucuis' chosen, 30 Lucius cultists, plushies distributed, plushie market flooded, plushie warehouse literally flooded, lightly wounded
Carl Yelvin - 45 cultists, 15 dying cultists, 35 chosen, 24 minotaurs, 5 scrap golems, dragon blood, access to Orb of Stalwart 3, access to orb of Stalwart 4, access to orb of stalwart 5, summoned, 25 inquisitors, 20 steel inquisitors, inquisitors active, has a badly damage flimsy tower base
Plauge Doctor - 50 cultists,  50 antimedicine cultists, 50 inquisitors, inquisitors can treat plague victims, access to Orb of Stalwart 2, has dragon blood, Jeff (4), has been summoned, escaped Jeff for now, inquisitors active, 150 civilians dead of disease, lightly wounded
Mad matron - 100 cultists, Inquisitors have liquid nitrogen, access to Orb of Stalwart 2, has dragon blood, has been summoned, Paul (1), 110 Paul's cultists, has found Nightmare's base

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 03, 2015, 10:45:06 am »

Me: Summon Ogres and Personally Recruit more Cultists with the Recruiters.
New Ogres, 10 Wizards, 5 Scrap Golems and 10 Minotaurs: Attack the Inquisitors.
10 Minotaurs: Guard the Tower.
5 Wizards: Try to find a Scrapyard near the Wizard Tower.
5 Wizards and 30 Cultists: Repair The Wizard Tower while the Wizards supervise.
15 Cultists and 4 Minotaurs: Recruit more Cultists while using the Minotaurs as Proof.
15 Dying Cultists: Again, Use the Internet Smear Campaign and Encourage Governments Worldwide to Take Military Action against The Plague Doctor. Also Pull up some Photos of The Dying Cultists to inspire Rage and Monetary Donations.
10 Wizards: Make some actual Friendly Steel Golems.
5 Wizards: Attempt to get the Plague Doctor's Inquisitors to heal my Dying Cultists in exchange for Magical Favors.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 10:48:22 am by Ardent Debater »

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 03, 2015, 10:45:26 pm »

It seems as though my rival is a bit bitter about my recent successful razing of his base. I think that I will require more allies.

Me: Make friends with Lucius (Without Nightmare knowing) before he transforms into an adult and murders everyone!
75 Cultists: Find weapons to guard thyself with!
25 Cultists: call up, win over, enlist, enroll, induct and build up all of the cultists you can!
Jeffrey: If you are still here, Smoke out the guys that are trying to give me a bad name!
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 04, 2015, 12:23:53 pm »

50 cultists: find a better base. Rest: Recruit
[1] They are too busy tasting all the dragon blood to looks for a base (-50 cultists).

[1] Apparently they missed a day in their recruiting sessions and only told people the bad things about you rather than the good things... there are good things right? (+25 inquisitors)

Paul: recruit from MM's cultists
[1] He does such a bad job that some of his cultists feel like they made a mistake joining him and return to you. (25 P. cultists to MM)
P. cultists: get weapons
[4] They find some handguns and combat knives at a weapon shop/black market. They are combat-ready (Paul's cultists now armed).

Can I deport Lucius and make him the Mad Matron's responsiblity?

Cultists: Save the plushies!
Assassins: Train 35 cultists to become assassins.

[4] You can send him to the Mad Matron, but do you really want to be that guy? I guess so (Lucius now being cared for by MM).
cultists:
[2] They are already thoroughly soaked, they decide it isn't worth the effort.
assassins: [6] They do well at teaching some of your cultists how to not poison themselves and do poison others. Their practice dummies are not salvageable, I'm afraid (+20 assassins, -20 plagued cultists).

Lucius: ask your new mother figure why Nightmare is such a meanie-face
[4] He asks, but the only response he gets is a low groaning sound. Turns out Mad Matron isn't much of a conversationalist.
Chosen: forge a weapon for your soon-to-be-grown lord
[4] They use light magic to create a sword that rends the darkness. They build it as well as they can with their limited numbers, but the magic is definitely what gives it the oomf, not the admittedly lackluster craftsmanship. (Shadow's bane forged)
Cultists: acquire armor for Lucius, maybe a little larger so he can wear it after he grows
[5] They happen to find some excellent armor that looks like it would fit a large person and has some weird slots in the back. Why does this exist? They're not sure, but it seems to be pretty useful (angelic armor found).

Inquisitors: recruit
[3] They find some support, but they don't get as far as they wanted to (+25 cultists inquisitors).

Me: Summon Ogres and Personally Recruit more Cultists with the Recruiters.
New Ogres, 10 Wizards, 5 Scrap Golems and 10 Minotaurs: Attack the Inquisitors.
10 Minotaurs: Guard the Tower.
5 Wizards: Try to find a Scrapyard near the Wizard Tower.
5 Wizards and 30 Cultists: Repair The Wizard Tower while the Wizards supervise.
15 Cultists and 4 Minotaurs: Recruit more Cultists while using the Minotaurs as Proof.
15 Dying Cultists: Again, Use the Internet Smear Campaign and Encourage Governments Worldwide to Take Military Action against The Plague Doctor. Also Pull up some Photos of The Dying Cultists to inspire Rage and Monetary Donations.
10 Wizards: Make some actual Friendly Steel Golems.
5 Wizards: Attempt to get the Plague Doctor's Inquisitors to heal my Dying Cultists in exchange for Magical Favors.

((Jesus christ, how many commands is that?))
Summoning Ogres: [2] You can't seem to find any ogres... oh right, they went extinct after the swamps in the land of Myth were drained to make room for the Arcane Libraries...
Summoning steel golems: [3] They summon a few steel golems, but these things are hard to make. Presumably because they are so powerful in combat (+5 steel golems)
guarding: [5] They hold a solid patrol and will keep all trespassers at bay. Well, all the trespassers they can given their few numbers (10 minotaurs guarding base).
Attacking inquisitors: [1] It is a catastrophic failure. Nobody even makes it back to tell you how badly it went. (-10 wizards, -5 scrap golems, -10 minotaurs)
Finding scrapyard: [1] They get lost. Forever. (-5 wizards)
Repair: [2] They can't seem to organize well enough to get started. Ah well, at least it's still standing for the most part.
Recruit: [3] they manage to get some people to join them, but then some of the new recruits get eaten by your minotaurs (+25 cultists, -16 cultists).
Smear campaign: [6] They do an expert job of getting people to hate Plague doctor. Of course, some new loonies come out of the woodwork and support him, but that's neither here nor there. (+50 PD inquisitors, +25 PD cultists)
Ask for healing: [6] They agree to give treatment at no cost (they are a charitable organization after all), but it turns out quite a few of those dying cultists were allergic to the antibiotics. Whoops (15 cultists cured of plague, -10 cultists).

Steel inquisitors: DESTROY DESTROY DESTROY!
[5] They march right up to your tower and are confronted by your minotaurs. It's a pretty one sided battle, and they push over your tower afterwards. (-10 minotaurs, tower destroyed)

It seems as though my rival is a bit bitter about my recent successful razing of his base. I think that I will require more allies.

Me: Make friends with Lucius (Without Nightmare knowing) before he transforms into an adult and murders everyone!
75 Cultists: Find weapons to guard thyself with!
25 Cultists: call up, win over, enlist, enroll, induct and build up all of the cultists you can!
Jeffrey: If you are still here, Smoke out the guys that are trying to give me a bad name!

[3] You send a fruit basket with a letter asking Lucius not to attack you. He'll go after you last if he survives that long. (PD now Lucius' least hated)
cultists:
[4] They find combat gear at the gun store. Just some handguns, pepper spray, and knives, but they'll reliably win over someone that doesn't have that stuff (75 cultists armed).
[1] They accidentally tell everyone how you keep plaguing your own followers. Turns out people don't like that. (+25 inquisitors)
Jeff: [5] Jeff does a thing, hopefully well. Though he's still not here so you still can't give him orders.
J. Recruit:
[2] He can't seem to stop coughing long enough to ask people to follow him.

Inquisitors: treat some of those poor saps with the plague
[3] They are too late for many, but through number manage to cure the plague victims in NM's cult (20 NM cultists cured... but they're dead, so it doesn't matter).

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 04, 2015, 01:06:12 pm »

Double posting for end turn:

Paul grows into Giant Paul and Lucius into Lucifer the Lightbringer. Heals for everyone: woohoo!
Spoiler: Giant Paul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lucifer (click to show/hide)
End of turn 13.
Score:
Nightmare - 105 cultists, 33 assassin cultists, flooded cave base with flame thrower defenses, 56 inquisitors, inquisitors active, secured Orb of Stalwart 1, has plushies, glorious presence, has been summoned,  plushies distributed, plushie market flooded, plushie warehouse literally flooded
Carl Yelvin - 59 cultists, 20 chosen, 4 minotaurs, dragon blood, access to Orb of Stalwart 3, access to orb of Stalwart 4, access to orb of stalwart 5, summoned, 25 inquisitors, 20 steel golem inquisitors, inquisitors active, 5 steel golems
Plauge Doctor - 75 armed cultists,  50 antimedicine cultists, 125 inquisitors, inquisitors can treat plague victims, access to Orb of Stalwart 2, has dragon blood, Jeff (4), has been summoned, escaped Jeff for now, inquisitors active, 150 civilians dead of disease, least hated by Lucifer
Mad matron - 75 cultists, 25 inquisitors, Inquisitors have liquid nitrogen, access to Orb of Stalwart 2, has dragon blood, has been summoned, Giant Paul, 85 armed Paul's cultists, has found Nightmare's base, Lucifer w/ Shadowbane and angelic armor, 15 Lucifer's chosen, 30 Lucifer cultists
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 121