Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 827396 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #6015 on: February 09, 2019, 11:44:33 am »

That's too much realism for too little fun.

I thought that's what the game's about now?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6016 on: February 10, 2019, 12:30:44 pm »

On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6017 on: February 10, 2019, 03:27:37 pm »

While I'm not the biggest fan of moving the game to super realism, if they are going super realism and nothing can be done about it removing the lemon battery makes sense.  Yea you can make an equivalent to a real battery with a bunch of lemons and wires, but you need to know a bit more electronics than a middle school science experiment to make it equivalent to a real battery. 

I've actually taken and passed college electronics classes and I don't think I could make a lemon battery out of parts that would put out the same voltage and amps as a normal battery without a multimeter, access to the internet, and a whole bunch of trial and error.

Though the last post in that thread amounts to 'I'm removing it, yer just going to have to deal with it until someone bothers to put in a better system' and that bugs me.  At least keep some way for someone to craft a simple battery until the feature you are going for is actually complete.  Can't you just make it require 5 times the mats or something for the time being so yer not just removing options entirely?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6019 on: February 10, 2019, 05:12:06 pm »

Thats... Actually a kinda cool change. Spend stamina for extra power quick or keep it for a lower rate...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6020 on: February 10, 2019, 05:44:18 pm »

Not cool in the slightest, one more idiotic "hurr durr u play rong game must be realistic".

He even uses the phrase "less silly magical CBMs". They're literally cyberpunk cyborg implants, that's about as close as you can get to the definition of "it works because the setting needs it to work" tech, it's inherently not in line with what's possible in the real world YOU DENSE FUCK. One more reason to not upgrade ever again. All of these people who can't let a sci-fi game have game-like elements that don't line up with what's possible with contemporary tech seriously need to fuck off.

It's a direct nerf to something that clique thinks is badwrongplay, increases how much tedious micromanagement the player needs to engage in to use the mechanic, and does nothing to make the game more fun. Perfect example with what's gone wrong with DDA.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 05:46:04 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6021 on: February 10, 2019, 07:12:25 pm »

Thats... Actually a kinda cool change. Spend stamina for extra power quick or keep it for a lower rate...
Current problem now is how very weak it is.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6022 on: February 10, 2019, 07:30:14 pm »

Yeah, thats an issue, but if it wasent also a gaint nerf it would be really rather cool.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #6023 on: February 10, 2019, 08:02:20 pm »

Been a while since I looked at this game. I remember having a lot of fun with it the last time I actually played.

Nice to see the development has turned into a raging dumpster fire.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6024 on: February 10, 2019, 09:32:30 pm »

I personally look forward to the day that the only mutations are various allergies and disorders and cbms are both useless and impossible to install without slaying a dragon and finding the holy grail. If there was an apocalypse you wouldn't really have a super deathmobile and laserbeam fingers fueled by ratchets in your knees and your neverending quest to shovel splinters into your mouth. You'd heat up some shitty soup in a room that's too dark to craft in because the blinds are drawn, then the soup would be inedibly rotten in four hours, then the rotten soup would turn into monster cockroaches, and you'd die because martial arts are stupid and guns only fire the basic direction they're pointed after two and half minutes of aiming.

That said: Why is it so many of these stupid changes are either adding something the player has to do or taking away/nerfing something the player can do? I like new options, they open things up. These weird nerfs and removals don't make sense, what part of the game is going to be more challenging because you can't make batteries or your robot legs are less awesome? If some guy is energizing his tools of survival by jamming lemons into cans leave him alone he is amazing.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 09:48:28 pm by Broseph Stalin »

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6025 on: February 11, 2019, 05:27:11 am »

some of the smaller changes have potential but need more elements to make it even more dull and boring

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6026 on: February 12, 2019, 02:18:37 pm »

Kind of a shame about the road chosen with development here; I lost interest with all the added tediousness. Now I just play the old version I have on my computer. I guess I'll check back in a year or so to see if sanity has won after all. I suppose Project Zomboid is an option too.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6027 on: February 12, 2019, 06:04:06 pm »

Project zomboid is slow moving but closed source still, but yeah its a decent game, underrail is another one that kinda fills a gap of sorts

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6028 on: February 18, 2019, 09:20:34 pm »

So, is there any way to prevent water from freezing in vehicle tanks during cold weather?

Silicoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6029 on: February 18, 2019, 10:44:24 pm »

I’m so glad that https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/24052 got stuck in PR hell, as the idea of a depleting max stanima bar in additon to the rest of the fatiuge mechanics, would be a crazy amount of tediousness and punish the player for going out and doing stuff.

I donfind the quote from Kevin:
Totally fine from a CoC point of view, its your opinion. Having said that, it's not an opinion shared by the project, "avoiding player base complaints" is not a reason to add or not add a feature.
Moderatly disturbing.

In other news bone armor was removed because it was decided it wasn’t realistic enough, despite it being used in movies and other cultures.  PR to resubmit a fixed version using skeletal juggernaut bones was axed really quickly.

I’m currently playing a alightly older build before the sidebar change went down, and there has been a few good changes like the firewood supply thing, but man the whole freezing thing is annoying.  I understand stuff outside your freezing, but in your inventory? 
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 451