Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 827523 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #5940 on: December 19, 2018, 11:28:29 am »

Is coolthulu still keeping up his fork?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5941 on: December 19, 2018, 01:31:30 pm »

It's probably abandonned considering last commit on his fork was in november 2017
https://github.com/cataclysmbnteam/Cataclysm-BN/commits/experimental
And from a reply he did on his issue tracker :
My job eats most of my time nowadays and I'm not very good at managing the rest of it.
I didn't see a lot of interest last time (though maybe I looked in wrong places), I don't know if anyone would actually play it if I updated it.

That said as i don't do discord stuff i don't know much about it but it looks like the Looming Darkness multiplayer version of cdda is still in the work
https://old.reddit.com/r/cataclysmdda/comments/9le102/update_thread_for_cataclysm_multiplayer_rewrite/
stolencatkarma 1 month ago
Pre-alpha. Join the discord to see progress. All updates are in that
https://github.com/stolencatkarma/CataclysmLD
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 01:36:48 pm by Robsoie »

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5942 on: December 20, 2018, 01:12:25 am »

so where can we find these ongoing development forks that are being talked about here

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5943 on: December 20, 2018, 08:05:34 am »

so where can we find these ongoing development forks that are being talked about here

If you mean the experimental branch the best way is to download the launcher. You can use it to check for new builds and update with the click of a button.

https://github.com/remyroy/CDDA-Game-Launcher/releases

Forks like Coolthulu's aren't to my knowledge consolidated anywhere Reddit or discord are probably your best bets there.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5944 on: December 21, 2018, 04:30:31 am »

found it thx

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5945 on: December 21, 2018, 01:18:31 pm »

Be cautious when using the launcher, there are regular reports of people losing their save when they updated their cdda with the launcher , so if you want to use the launcher i recommend not to update with it when you're in the middle of a run or playing with a world you appreciate (or at least backup your save somewhere).

You can also download experimental builds yourself instead of using the launcher , it's as easy as download and extract the downloaded file to play , then move the save folder from your older experimental to the newer one.
http://cddawiki.chezzo.com/cdda_wiki/index.php?title=Experimental#Experimental_Builds

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5946 on: December 21, 2018, 06:18:47 pm »

Be cautious when using the launcher, there are regular reports of people losing their save when they updated their cdda with the launcher , so if you want to use the launcher i recommend not to update with it when you're in the middle of a run or playing with a world you appreciate (or at least backup your save somewhere).

You can also download experimental builds yourself instead of using the launcher , it's as easy as download and extract the downloaded file to play , then move the save folder from your older experimental to the newer one.
http://cddawiki.chezzo.com/cdda_wiki/index.php?title=Experimental#Experimental_Builds

I backup my saves with git on bitbucket :D

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5947 on: December 24, 2018, 07:16:07 pm »

I backup my saves with git on bitbucket :D

good idea

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5948 on: December 26, 2018, 01:00:02 am »

im not sure to be happy or sad that an experimental update was loaded up on xmas day itself, who is spending time coding rather than spending time with family what is this madness lol.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5949 on: December 27, 2018, 06:06:22 pm »

yet more updates, the latest seems to fix the save and sound data folders not being saved.

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5950 on: January 04, 2019, 11:14:05 am »

I get that the canning pot can hold 25 liters and thus has a volume to match, but is your survivor an imbecile that doesn't understand that you can put other things inside the giant pot while it's in your bag?

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5951 on: January 04, 2019, 05:49:34 pm »

It is refillable, thus the assumption is that you would have it filled with cement or whatever you put in canning pots while its in your bag, and the came cant simulate a refillabe container that lowers its volume if empty.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5952 on: January 04, 2019, 07:42:01 pm »

It is refillable, thus the assumption is that you would have it filled with cement or whatever you put in canning pots while its in your bag, and the came cant simulate a refillabe container that lowers its volume if empty.
That function is used by most non-rigid containers, like waterskins, certain ammo/magazine holders and the XL holster. Besides that, the canning pot isn't resealable which means that it can't be filled with liquids, the only thing you can refill a container with, while in your inventory anyways.

I mean, you can literally fit 4 whole cereal boxes inside of a container this size with enough room for 8 ramen packs in the remaining space irl.

Edit: In addition to that, the base volume of an item and it's capacity as a container are two separate values traced by "volume" and "contains" respectively.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 07:46:08 pm by duckman »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5953 on: January 04, 2019, 07:47:52 pm »

The canning pot is a sacred space. Thou shall not sully its hallowed internals with cereal boxes lest it loses the Grace of the Creator and don't work no more.

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5954 on: January 04, 2019, 08:00:46 pm »

How else am I supposed to carry these 100 sewage samples?
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 451