Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 827731 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #5250 on: April 20, 2018, 04:25:47 pm »

megastores a re big and I'm not sure you recognize how many zeds can fit into a giant, dark room you can't see into.

But, they can see you.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5251 on: April 20, 2018, 04:48:05 pm »

ok so, if I kill enough of them?

I did get a massive swarm after me, and I started running away a bit, they really noticed when I turned my head torch on. 
fortunately I'm quick and fleet footed, ran around the corner, and half of them got distracted by a cat.
I went right around the building and jumped on my bike and took off, I'd have stayed and killed a couple more of them, the steel spear seems to be fairly efficient at killing the basic Zed as long as you don't get swamped all at once.
However it was past 1800, I managed to get back and in the door of my house just as it got dark, didn't even have to use the headlight. 
There was a point there if I'd had that grenade I found on me, I would have used it, they were quite well packed. might have to make some Molotovs and go back there.
I guess I could just burn the whole thing to the ground if I can't kill them all.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5252 on: April 20, 2018, 04:55:12 pm »

A. Poor cat
B. So there was a moose around my base for awhile, and since the last time I had fought a moose I died horribly, I had been avoiding it, but this time it decided to attack, at which point I proceeded to kill it instantly..
C. I think at least part of my driving issue is how weird it looks in the graphics pack, I have similar problems with dragging furniture around
D.I still can't get the crafting ingredients list to scroll down, nor can I get the list of systems installed in a spot to scroll down...

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5253 on: April 20, 2018, 05:34:30 pm »

There's enough worth scavving in a megastore that it's worth not burning the whole place if you can help it, but you do need to be prepared and use more unconventional tactics. I brought some wood and made a fire line on the edge of a field nearby and just dragged zombies to it in groups. You'll lose their clothing and stuff but there's just too many to reasonably do it another way for a while.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5254 on: April 20, 2018, 06:50:32 pm »

I figured out how to batch make stuff, problem with that is if the fire goes out or you loose light, you get nothing.

Is that a recent change? Because I remember batch-making working if the fire goes out.

They finally decided to break that? Without adding the ability to tend to the fire automatically, which was universally regarded as a prerequisite for that?
yea, can confirm the interrupt crafting.  Should save your place, but idk
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5255 on: April 20, 2018, 08:05:08 pm »

Is there any way I can remove the turrets in the labs before they kill me?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5256 on: April 20, 2018, 08:48:47 pm »

Peak round corner to see where they are, then blind-throw grenades, preferentially emp or scambler.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5257 on: April 20, 2018, 08:53:39 pm »

nail bombs worked well in older expies.  Though its dangerous to do.
PKs DF Mod!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5258 on: April 20, 2018, 09:20:27 pm »

I figured out how to batch make stuff, problem with that is if the fire goes out or you loose light, you get nothing.

Is that a recent change? Because I remember batch-making working if the fire goes out.

They finally decided to break that? Without adding the ability to tend to the fire automatically, which was universally regarded as a prerequisite for that?
yea, can confirm the interrupt crafting.  Should save your place, but idk

Oof. Report it then. Because that is a seriously playability problem.

It's really hard not to make a cheap shot now given, again, if the exploit was INTENTIONALLY fixed, whoever did so did not think about the whole "you literally have no control over keeping the fire going" thing.

Like it or not, that was a mistake on their part.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5259 on: April 20, 2018, 10:55:15 pm »

I dug a bunch of deep pits and lead a bunch of Zeds from the mega mart into them, one of them was filled with glass shards even, didn't have the shards on me to do more than one.
I then lead a small swarm to the pits, went around them and let them come to me, then sat and poked them with my steel spear as they fell into the pits.
problem is now, I don't think I can butcher them, unless there is a way to butcher while not standing on it?
There's defiantly a necro there somewhere. since a couple that I didn't get a chance to butcher on my first encounter reanimated.

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5260 on: April 21, 2018, 12:11:51 am »

Advanced Inventory Management, brings adjacent items to your feet.

The fire change is not good, unless someone makes the UI for auto-fueling, or auto-fire-starting when there is a safe and dry fireplace and it is dark and you need light or fire - then that's better than before.

I guess making UI must be the most boring or complicate part of developing, so we can't blame people for not wanting to do that.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5261 on: April 21, 2018, 01:44:01 am »

A. Poor cat
B. So there was a moose around my base for awhile, and since the last time I had fought a moose I died horribly, I had been avoiding it, but this time it decided to attack, at which point I proceeded to kill it instantly..
C. I think at least part of my driving issue is how weird it looks in the graphics pack, I have similar problems with dragging furniture around
D.I still can't get the crafting ingredients list to scroll down, nor can I get the list of systems installed in a spot to scroll down...
They're probably just following the sound of the cat. Zombies don't actually aggro on things below a certain size, which is probably to keep you from chasing squirrels(same size as cats in Cata last I checked) into town and watching entire hordes miss it for hours even once they had it surrounded.

As for vanilla moose, they really aren't all that tough once you have a bit more than the bare-bones at the beginning. They're huge (easy to hit) and most of their natural armor is against blunt damage, so even a sharp rock is a decent weapon if you have a relatively safe space to cook it afterwards. At least one mod gave them the brute's smash attack though, iirc, so no guarantees we're talking about the same moose.

For the crafting menu, I think [m]ode lets you scroll but it's a bit clunky.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5262 on: April 21, 2018, 01:56:29 am »

unless you're playing on a tiny screen, you should be able to change the terminal size in the settings (then restart) which will allow you to get more onscreen.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5263 on: April 21, 2018, 10:47:59 am »

I dug a bunch of deep pits and lead a bunch of Zeds from the mega mart into them, one of them was filled with glass shards even, didn't have the shards on me to do more than one.
I then lead a small swarm to the pits, went around them and let them come to me, then sat and poked them with my steel spear as they fell into the pits.
problem is now, I don't think I can butcher them, unless there is a way to butcher while not standing on it?
There's defiantly a necro there somewhere. since a couple that I didn't get a chance to butcher on my first encounter reanimated.

You can pulp adjacent zombies with the mash command if you have to. Zombies that are not pulped, butchered, or otherwise destroyed also have a (fairly big?) chance of returning to unlife after some time has passed.

Edit: brackets screwed up the code stuff
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 02:51:37 pm by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5264 on: April 21, 2018, 12:27:45 pm »

the / key opens upt he advanced inventory manager, which allows you to remove corpses off dangerous areas and lets you pulp them.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 451