Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 827603 times)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #5190 on: April 17, 2018, 08:58:43 pm »

How do I use the food dehydrator? It has batteries, and I'm activating it, but I just get the standard "nothing interesting" message...

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #5191 on: April 17, 2018, 09:02:57 pm »

How do I use the food dehydrator? It has batteries, and I'm activating it, but I just get the standard "nothing interesting" message...
I'm not sure, but I think it is used as a crafting tool. Which means you might need to get your cooking skill up somewhat.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5192 on: April 17, 2018, 09:08:23 pm »

I'm not sure, but I think it is used as a crafting tool. Which means you might need to get your cooking skill up somewhat.
Oh it's used from the crafting menu? That is helpful information

Also, The inactive laser turret in the graphics pack thing reminds me of portal turrets, and that makes me happy

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5193 on: April 17, 2018, 09:14:52 pm »

I'm guessing the vacuum warper or whatever it's called is similar? 

also, what's the best way to get rocks? so far I'm going out into the fields and hitting big rocks with a sledge hammer, but finding them can be fairly tedious.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5194 on: April 17, 2018, 09:18:48 pm »

Burn a house down, unless that changed. Go downstairs and mine some rocks. Smash some walls down I think? I know conrete walls will, but I cant remember if burnt down houses will as well.

Other then that, hit rocks.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5195 on: April 17, 2018, 09:33:09 pm »

and what's the best way to keep a brazier burning the longest?

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5196 on: April 17, 2018, 10:59:56 pm »

Dump more fuel on it? Two or three boards should last a pretty long time, unless things have changed in the past year or two.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5197 on: April 17, 2018, 11:22:21 pm »

sometimes it'll just go out though, leaving stuff unburned.

I seem to be sick for some reason. I don't think I've eaten anything unhealthy, though the cracklings was getting a little old, I got no warning about it. (why doesn't it show up when you're cooking if stuff is getting old/gone off) and I've only been drinking good water too.
unfortunately I'm allergic to junk food, which means I've got a lot of packaged food sitting around that I can't do anything with. I'm hoping I'll find some recipes which use it for something other than junk food.

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5198 on: April 17, 2018, 11:41:29 pm »

At some point, a change was made that stuff in fireplace is burning until it's totally consumed.

Either it is reverted, or it only applies to fireplace but not brazier, or you're using an old experimental, or there's water or rain, or the stuff is only partially wood( rifle, shovel, etc).
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5199 on: April 18, 2018, 02:08:47 am »

You just get sick. Although wearing something with like, over 10? environmental protection over your face completely protects you. Otherwise you will just catch a cold or the flu at random. Also yeah, for some reason they decided to make fires weird. I think adding kindling or small burnables will "upgrade" the fire to a larger flame that will be able to burn the stuff until its gone. But starting small fires on big burnables like logs or planks or sticks the small flame won't last super long. I think that's how it works. Never bothered with it much because small fires were generally enough to do what I needed.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5200 on: April 18, 2018, 02:45:07 am »

Yeah, getting cooking and purifying done and having to go back and re-light the fire is a pain, I did get a whole log burning once, which burned all the way. I've found that I can use the charcoal powered smoker too, and a single log creates a decent amount of charcoal which makes it a bit easier than having the brazier, though no easy trash removal. purifying water still gets pretty tedious though, feel like you should be able to do things in batches or something. is there a more automatic way to purify water later in the game?

Other little UX interface things get a bit annoying over time too, like, I keep expecting to be able to hit enter on the highlighted item in a list when getting or dropping stuff to transfer that one item, but ofc it doesn't, the number of times I've (g)rabed something and wandered somewhere only to find I don't have it... a little more consistency with shift things too, i.e. I keep trying to shift E to examine, since most other shift combos are the directional equivalent of whatever, ie g vs G grab, d vs D drop, x vs X peek) might be able to change that in the keymap though, make e eat and shift E examine or something. wonder if I can shift numpad be screen movement (why doesn't the screen follow the cursor when you're aiming?)

Yeah I wondered if maybe I'd just gotten sick, wasn't sure that was a thing.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5201 on: April 18, 2018, 03:44:23 am »

You can do things in batch. Not 100% sure what's the key presses anymore (haven't played in months) but you can, and do a big jerrycan or something at once. It's also faster in IG time.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5202 on: April 18, 2018, 03:51:12 am »

There's also powered water purifiers later IIRC. You can flush gallons at a time and store them in barrels or a vehicle tank eventually.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5203 on: April 18, 2018, 04:23:52 am »

the game now start to hard....  i can't go near house because full of grab zombie, tough zombie ecc ecc at the start of game....

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5204 on: April 18, 2018, 07:07:56 am »

You can turn down the number of zombies if you really want to.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 451