Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 826559 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #4500 on: February 06, 2017, 09:04:31 pm »

Given that Cataclysm is supposedly centered in New England, which is in the US, and the school system in the US is designed to best work with the average with only small afterthoughts given to those below or above the curve, your hyperintelligent child may well have just been neglected by the system and is now a dysfunctional manchild stuck in remedial school.
So they're a Shadowrun PC.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: February 07, 2017, 01:49:02 am »

which has more to it for the purpose of bomb building than Cata has.
Not really. I'm unsure if it's in one of the expanded weapon mods or vanilla, but, for example, there are definitely recipes that involve hexamine, the in-game description of which says it's not only readily available(for camp stoves and such), but used in military-grade explosives(IRL it's used in RDX). And your character can learn to make pretty destructive bombs using a fairly convincing set of materials. I didn't even know how simple these kinds of things were myself(in retrospect to how hard I thought it was) until I played this game.
Plastic explosives are very simple. One of the components is also tracked by government. But Cata won't give you any insights there. Wikipedia could tell you way more.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: February 08, 2017, 06:58:31 pm »

The RNG hates me so much. I spawned near a town, so I figured I might as well loot it cause my basement had only 4 survival flares. I go into like 5 houses and find no clothes that provide storage whatsoever, but tons of food and drink. then, one house had a basement full of ammo and guns, plus a cop car spawned with a shotgun in it >:( >:( .
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: February 08, 2017, 07:08:26 pm »

You can, if nothing else is available, make a sling or bindle from stuff you get from tearing down windows.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: February 08, 2017, 07:17:34 pm »

Whoops. Got too close to a city and got swarmed. and I play hardcore, so that world is gone forever.
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: February 08, 2017, 11:10:46 pm »

The RNG hates me so much. I spawned near a town, so I figured I might as well loot it cause my basement had only 4 survival flares. I go into like 5 houses and find no clothes that provide storage whatsoever, but tons of food and drink. then, one house had a basement full of ammo and guns, plus a cop car spawned with a shotgun in it >:( >:( .

That's the point where you go around training tailoring eating food throughout the town and shotgunning anything that moves.

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: February 11, 2017, 04:49:36 pm »

Does the StatsThroughSkills mod include NPCs?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: February 11, 2017, 06:48:12 pm »

Hey, is it jsut me or does 7.62x54mmR never seem to spawn? Also, why does its description say that its not really used? Did the russians get rid of the PKM and Draganov in the lore or something?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: February 11, 2017, 07:26:52 pm »

I think the mosin is the only gun in game that uses it. Maybe thats what the description means.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: February 11, 2017, 07:40:03 pm »

And we have four distinct forms of it. I find the things more often than ar-15s, but never the ammo. Which is kinda the opposite what I get with the AK-74. Tons of rounds, almost never the rifle.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: February 12, 2017, 07:09:15 am »

The amount of .50 ammo I've found could arm a small army. It's like everyone in New England had nothing but flintlock rifles, cans of chicken, and 50cal bullets.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: February 12, 2017, 04:53:57 pm »

That and .44 seem to show up all over the place. People also seem to love collecting gun mods, but no guns, but I guess you could rationalize that as people having taken the guns but left everything that wasn't already stuck onto it.

Also, unrelated, but does anyone know the maximum amount of unfermented alcohol that the fermenting vats can hold? I've been farming and I have hundreds of units of barley that I need to use for something, even after I ground enough flour to last me until this time next year.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: February 12, 2017, 06:32:25 pm »

Huh, I never seem to find .44 magnum.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: February 12, 2017, 06:38:01 pm »

I usually seem to find either .44 or .45. Mostly the one I can't use with the guns at hand, of course.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: February 12, 2017, 07:52:37 pm »

That and .44 seem to show up all over the place. People also seem to love collecting gun mods, but no guns, but I guess you could rationalize that as people having taken the guns but left everything that wasn't already stuck onto it.

Also, unrelated, but does anyone know the maximum amount of unfermented alcohol that the fermenting vats can hold? I've been farming and I have hundreds of units of barley that I need to use for something, even after I ground enough flour to last me until this time next year.
Have any rundown on how to operate farming?  I've always thought about it.
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 451