Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 826083 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #3810 on: October 02, 2016, 08:48:07 am »

spinach and dried kelp snacks are doable.

hippie stores organic foodstores exist in NE, kelp snacks can be found in every gym with even a touch of 'civility', and spinache and beans should be scavangable or growable.  but there should be a noncity means of getting it.

yes, insect flesh and peopleflesh and animap flesh and zumbie flesh are all diffetent items.  but i was unaware that they had different nutrition rates.  they all look the same when scrapped of my spiked car.  and all cook into the same items  :|

ive been putting off malnutrition effects because wilderness, but if this is the case ...
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: October 02, 2016, 08:56:10 am »

Cool beans. I was actually thinking about something like that for a while, a handy and portable indefinite-lifespan alternative to jerky.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: October 02, 2016, 10:32:30 am »

Beans can be grown in game already, its just a tad strange to plant. Heres a hint, you use the "raw beans".
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 10:55:33 am by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: October 02, 2016, 10:47:23 am »

Wait what? Is there a hidden difference between 'meat' from an insect, and 'meat' from a woodland mammal? Or did the last two weeks see an update that added insect flesh ( I am playing a release that's about 2-3 weeks old)?
The last push on my version was from mid-August, so yours is likely newer than mine.  In the last version I picked up, it appears calcium is the only nutritional information field for insect flesh material, which is tied to various insect critters (so it's not just a depreciated material being phased out).  I actually haven't gone on a proper bug-hunt since the release of the new nutrition system (I either keep dying or resetting in the first few days), so I haven't actually seen insect meat in the game itself to see how the raw stats actually affect the output, and I wonder if material drops might be replaced by the "flesh" JSON entry (used as the base for all general chunks of meat, among others) once butchered.  Actually, they probably are, thinking on it; it's possible that "iflesh" and "flesh" are tied only to the raw material of the animals/corpses themselves, and not the butchered products (which are tied to the...abstract "flesh" of the same name? Curiouser and curiouser).  That means that animal and human meat is a better source of calcium than the materials JSONs indicate, and insect meat a better source of iron and vitamin B.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 10:53:25 am by Culise »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: October 02, 2016, 04:09:07 pm »

Right, what git moved keybinding settings from under "?" and where are they now? And no, the menu option on the main menu does not help.

-edit-

After about 12 minutes of hitting random buttons I found it. Under escape. Perhaps a note should be added to the help screen that its there now, along with similar things.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 04:21:41 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: October 02, 2016, 04:41:42 pm »

Right, what git moved keybinding settings from under "?" and where are they now? And no, the menu option on the main menu does not help.

-edit-

After about 12 minutes of hitting random buttons I found it. Under escape. Perhaps a note should be added to the help screen that its there now, along with similar things.

Damn, that's a huge change. Every single roguelike I ever played, first thing I do is hit the ? button to get to the key commands list. They might want to change that back.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: October 02, 2016, 04:56:24 pm »

Esc.

Yeah, it was annoying, but the Esc menu will have it. You can also create a keybinding to get to the keybinding menu.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: October 02, 2016, 04:58:52 pm »

So, who changed it and decided that leaving a note saying "keybindings are now over there" was too much work?
Highly Opinionated Fool

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: October 02, 2016, 05:13:04 pm »

On an unrelated note, NPCs are pretty nice nowadays. I turned off random npcs though because I got tired of one spawning next to my bed inside my LMOE every day.

The static one I started with though has been very helpful. She even helps me deconstruct furniture. Haven't tried chopping wood yet, but I assume if I give her an axe and saw, she might also help me with chopping and sawing.

She's a good drinking and smoking buddy too. I love how she actually lights a smoke when given one, and gets completely hammered after half a bottle of gin.
(Tip for cannibal players: soften up your meal with a bottle of booze. Makes the hunt much easier. Improves flavour too.)

Most of the time I just put her on guard in the LMOE though, when I go out and raid. It's not that she's not helpful (for some reason she spawned with 6 cutting weapon skill, and was kind enough to train me up to that as well), but she can't keep up with my fleet-footed trait. Got tired of having to wait all the time for her to catch up.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 05:15:25 pm by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: October 02, 2016, 05:18:18 pm »

My experience was different. I had to debug-teleport one away because even though she was non-hostile(not a follower) she kept stealing everything in my shopping cart. And she had a gun, which my pointy stick couldn't match.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: October 02, 2016, 05:21:16 pm »

How long ago was that? They start out now with no pickup allowed. They only pick up things when specifically told to do so. There's even a whole pickup rule list, although I can't figure out how to use that. I rather stick with no pickup, and manually give them stuff I want them to have.

UNRELATED EDIT: WTH is up with vehicle engines. This is the second time that a frontal collision at no more than 40-60km/h with a simple Z completely destroyed my car's shiny new V8 engine, while not damaging any of the surrounding parts at all. Does collision damage favour the heaviest object in a vehicle tile or something? I had to walk all the way to pain 40 with a new engine to salvage my car. Also reinforced headlights are way too weak. Just a few shrubs and they're red.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 05:32:18 pm by martinuzz »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: October 02, 2016, 05:26:50 pm »

You can turn way down random NPC spawn rate.
Highly Opinionated Fool

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: October 02, 2016, 06:07:44 pm »

Question about charcoal kilns (the built ones, not the portable one). Do I get more coal if I chop up logs into planks / splintered wood, do I get more coal, or can I just chuck whole logs into it with no penalty?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: October 02, 2016, 06:23:13 pm »

How long ago was that? They start out now with no pickup allowed. They only pick up things when specifically told to do so. There's even a whole pickup rule list, although I can't figure out how to use that. I rather stick with no pickup, and manually give them stuff I want them to have.

Again, they weren't a follower, and it was earlier today, using an experimental grabbed last night.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: October 03, 2016, 12:03:53 am »

Question about charcoal kilns (the built ones, not the portable one). Do I get more coal if I chop up logs into planks / splintered wood, do I get more coal, or can I just chuck whole logs into it with no penalty?

Same coal output for 20 splintered, 3 two by four, 5 heavy sticks, or 1 log. 1 two by four from 1 heavy stick. I can't find how many two by four you get from log in item browser.
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 451