Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 825383 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #3270 on: April 28, 2016, 03:12:49 pm »

Ripping and installing solar panels is... level 3 mechanics? It's repairing them that's hard (like mechanics 6) so yeah, keep them away from the outside of the vehicle. Install all the batteries, too! All that delicious solar energy will come in handy when you install a welder on the back. and put in a water filter.

Oh, empty out the diesel tank, rip it off, and turn it into a dirty water tank. You can install funnels to collect water for you that way! There's really no reason not to have a mobile base these days, minus farming.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: April 28, 2016, 03:34:49 pm »

Neato. Thanks for the quick replies. Unfortunately, I only have threeish working solar panels, but I have like six storage batteries. All of which were at a 100% when I pulled them out.

Only got a single large electric motor though. I am not sure if that is enough to even run the humvee and get it moving at any decent speed.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: April 28, 2016, 03:37:30 pm »

You might trim armor off the back half of the humvee, then. That'll lighten the load and if any of the front armor breaks, you can repair it easily with the extra plates.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: April 28, 2016, 04:16:48 pm »

Why use electric motors though? I mean, I keep one as backup, but with two 60L tanks full of gas you'll last a long time. And if you manage to fill an external fuel tank you'll basically never run out.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: April 28, 2016, 05:11:57 pm »

So decided to come back to it, not playing since version 0.C-4367, whenever that was (going by the zip in my downloads folder). I do remember that there was being some work into making player faction and base, was there any released stuff on that or is it still an in-progress thing?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: April 28, 2016, 05:33:12 pm »

Can solar panels be installed a part that has a roof and will they work if they do?

Also, is the Cata wiki down or something? I still can't connect to it.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: April 28, 2016, 05:35:56 pm »

Yea solar panels appear to be treated as on top of everything else.  So you can have a roof and perfectly functional solar panels on top.  Funnels work too.
 Probably once z-level cars go in (if they ever do) we'll be able to specify exactly where we want the solar panels to be.
Donno what's up with the wiki.

Bit of a question, I know there have been multiple passes on attempts at z levels.  But I see multiple z-level building mods.  One of them I know was from the first attempt at z-levels.   Do they both work with the current z-level implementation or is one of them horribly borked if I try to play with them on?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 05:46:17 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: April 28, 2016, 07:24:00 pm »

I favor playing with multiple Z level buildings but without Z levels enabled (lag, bugs)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: April 28, 2016, 08:43:48 pm »

The official(That is, in the game mod options without any work) Z-level mod adds in a number of multi story structures. The feature in options is for viewing multiple z-levels, which lags to hell (particularly around multi-level structures) and lets mobs teleport through floors an amazing amount.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: April 28, 2016, 09:01:26 pm »

There seems to be a bug regarding ammo and loading and such, as I just fired off a tank cannon about 20 times without using up ammo.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: April 28, 2016, 09:48:40 pm »

I see that as they being supported by poles or something while staying horizontal.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: April 28, 2016, 10:12:30 pm »

newest experimentals have a bug where ammo in vehicles isnt consumed when loaded.  fairly sure now that this extends to turrets now
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: April 28, 2016, 10:26:31 pm »

That's odd actually, I'm running 4770 and when a npc told me to stick my hands up I did and then fired the mounted M2 Browning mounted on my car at them and it used up 25 rounds of .50 BMG as expected.

I also completely missed the npc but they got distracted by the explosion of car chunks that suddenly appeared from the wreck they were standing near and spent the next 20 turns picking up chunks of steel, so it worked out.

Maybe it matters that I'm using the mod that makes it so turrets aren't all automatic anymore?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 10:30:37 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: April 29, 2016, 12:02:14 am »

loading a battery/thread powered device with ammo from a vehicle doesnt consume resources but does reload
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3284 on: April 29, 2016, 01:04:32 am »

I also completely missed the npc but they got distracted by the explosion of car chunks that suddenly appeared from the wreck they were standing near and spent the next 20 turns picking up chunks of steel, so it worked out.
"That guy's aim is so bad that I'm not even going to acknowledge his presence any more."
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 451