Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 824940 times)

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #2700 on: December 28, 2015, 01:37:56 am »

So I just downloaded the latest experimental and found a 7.5kw generator. Form what I can tell when attaching it to a vehicle, it appears to be an incredibly heavy alternator. 3 truck alternators are almost as good, a little bit lighter, and take less power to operate (not that it really matters). Is there anything incredible about them that I'm missing?
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: December 28, 2015, 05:14:25 am »

Can they run smokefree inside/underground?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: December 28, 2015, 05:37:22 am »

WHY did the advanced inventory management change so that you have to enter a number to transfer, and pressing 'm' cancels?  Press / to open management, find something you want, press m... then confirm that there's only 1 gas mask and you only want to move 1.  It has managed to become LESS streamlined, even though you ALREADY had a quantity option if the item was a stack.  Now you don't move things by default and you get prompts where they're not relevant.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: December 28, 2015, 06:18:23 am »

Enter moves things by default... If you only need one you press enter. If you want the whole stack you press M. If you only need a few you press m and enter the amount. (could make a case for reversing that, but it's easy to rebind 'm' to whole stack and 'M' to partial)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #2704 on: December 28, 2015, 08:44:04 am »

Enter moves things by default... If you only need one you press enter. If you want the whole stack you press M. If you only need a few you press m and enter the amount. (could make a case for reversing that, but it's easy to rebind 'm' to whole stack and 'M' to partial)
Seems like the default *should* be the move all, not partial, yes.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: December 28, 2015, 09:10:15 am »

Seems like the default *should* be the move all, not partial, yes.
It'll probably be hard to push that as a change with how easy it is to change keybinds for yourself, but I'll make sure to point it out on IRC when I have the chance.

In the meantime I tried it out, and yeah, it seems rather easier to use. I'd have even preferred something like Shift+Enter, but the ingame keybind recognition doesn't seem to be able to differentiate it from a regular Enter keypress.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 09:13:32 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

KillerHP

• Bay Watcher
  • im french :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: December 28, 2015, 02:27:04 pm »

when is 0.D even coming
A random person which does stuff and likes roguelikes and SS13...

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: December 28, 2015, 11:45:22 pm »

I hope when there is an excessive number of drugs added, and a revamp of the drug system.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Nullsrc

• Bay Watcher
  • A Euclidean Plane Crash
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: December 29, 2015, 12:12:24 am »

I've found that the best indication of when a new release draws near is from this thread at the CDDA forums. If there's a bunch of freezes, we're probably going to see a new release soon.

I hope when there is an excessive number of drugs added, and a revamp of the drug system.
I can envision an experimental build that just breaks the spawning of the drugs, and there's Xanax everywhere

On another note, started up a new world and genned a bionic agent named Mark Frost. Started in an evac shelter with a static NPC named Evelynn Frost. Something fun might come of this.

And Mark's a stealthy psychopathic animal-hater. This will be fun.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2709 on: December 29, 2015, 01:13:03 am »

Huh, I haven't played in a while - has there been an update to sneaking mechanics at some point?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: December 29, 2015, 07:29:54 pm »

Why exactly was it necessary to change the repair system? The new one is far more cumbersome, adds nothing, and for some reason takes an order of magnitude more resources and time, both in-game and real. Thoroughly not a fan, and I pity whoever wasted time on it.

Not to mention all the time spent disassembling rags to get the hundreds and hundreds of thread I now need for simple repairs.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: December 29, 2015, 07:42:30 pm »

Wait, we need thread for repairs? Do we not need thread to activate sewing items or something as a result?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: December 29, 2015, 08:23:32 pm »

What? You've always needed thread for repairs. Now it just consumes far, FAR more.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: December 29, 2015, 08:25:22 pm »

To be fair, realistically you do use much more thread than cata suggested.
thincake

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: December 30, 2015, 12:25:11 am »

I needed to disassemble more than six rags to repair/take-in/reinforce a set of basic spring clothing in various states of light disrepair. Normally I could do that on one full load of a bone needle, probably a lot less. So at least 700-800 thread to do something that normally takes less then 200. I also noticed that even with five tailoring skill my character was frequently damaging normal clothing I was trying to work on which just compounded the issue. Now unless they changed it so tailoring tools have a quality and bone needles aren't as good as a proper kit or something, that really shouldn't be happening.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 451