Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 825662 times)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #585 on: April 07, 2015, 11:23:59 pm »

Pork rinds are actually surprisingly healthy. They're high fat, high protein, low carb snacks, and a surprising amount of their fat content is actually unsaturated. They're also not normally hydrogenated, so there's probably not very much trans fat. The only real problem with them, in all honesty, is probably the lack of minerals and the salt.

Crack cocaine, by contrast, is cocaine that you smoke. Cocaine itself already fucks with brain chemistry, but that's not quite that important for the discussion at hand about damage to your ability to resist infection. No, that comes from the smoke part. Smoking wrecks your airways, causing injury that can make it easier for infections to settle in. It doesn't even matter what kind of smoke, but the fun thing about crack is that, if you get it on the street, it can often be cut with other substances, including some that are outright toxic, which puts an even bigger tax on your immune system.
Nothing important here, move along.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 08, 2015, 06:03:13 am »

Welp, time to snort the pork rinds.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 08, 2015, 07:20:30 am »

Welp, time to snort the pork rinds.
SNORT THEM FOR GREAT JUSTICE!
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 08, 2015, 11:44:44 am »

A lot of "Unhealthy" food is actually very healthy for you in the right circumstances... If you have ever been backpacking, high-fat and high-sugar foods are really helpful.  There is someone who did the "twinkie diet", or something like that, where they would eat fast foods but only at the right Kilo-Calorie amount.  They lost weight, and had better cholesterol.

In terms of what to eat, people in different areas eat vastly different things, yet remain mostly healthy.  Humans are like rats, we can eat anything.  However, that being said, it's best to have a varied diet, even if you vary it by what part of the animal you eat (Kidneys are good for you!).

So honestly the most "realistic" way to do healthy food would be to have two values, kCal count, and food type.  Every time you eat a specific type of food, it would decrease the healthiness from it.  Eating too many kCal would also be unhealthy.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 08, 2015, 04:40:04 pm »

A lot of "Unhealthy" food is actually very healthy for you in the right circumstances... If you have ever been backpacking, high-fat and high-sugar foods are really helpful.  There is someone who did the "twinkie diet", or something like that, where they would eat fast foods but only at the right Kilo-Calorie amount.  They lost weight, and had better cholesterol.

In terms of what to eat, people in different areas eat vastly different things, yet remain mostly healthy.  Humans are like rats, we can eat anything.  However, that being said, it's best to have a varied diet, even if you vary it by what part of the animal you eat (Kidneys are good for you!).

So honestly the most "realistic" way to do healthy food would be to have two values, kCal count, and food type.  Every time you eat a specific type of food, it would decrease the healthiness from it.  Eating too many kCal would also be unhealthy.
Except kcals (it's not capitalized, BTW) is an energy measure and the energy demand will vary - depending on what you do, obviously. It's just be either as unrealistic as it is now plus annoying, or a PITA and a waste of resources to track.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 08, 2015, 06:44:23 pm »

Could just use kcals in food to restore a (hidden) pool of calories you can use to do things. Reading, working, running, fighting, any activity would have a calorie count that takes from the pool, as well as a baseline that you need every day.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 08, 2015, 08:53:45 pm »

Don't know if this was in before 0C...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 08, 2015, 09:04:36 pm »

iirc, there was a mod in the world creation thing called 'necromancy' that supposedly would allow you to make minions out of monsters. Maybe that's it?

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 08, 2015, 09:13:24 pm »

No, that's the "Make zombie slave" feature. You can give them a backpack or something and they carry stuff for you.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 08, 2015, 09:40:10 pm »

iirc, there was a mod in the world creation thing called 'necromancy' that supposedly would allow you to make minions out of monsters. Maybe that's it?
No, that involves slime/goo. I think. I never really investigated it that much, but I looked at the files.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: April 08, 2015, 10:20:55 pm »

no mods, I am playing vanilla 0C release
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 08, 2015, 11:04:21 pm »

Make slave has been in for quite some time, but I don't think it's available until some skill up somewhere.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 08, 2015, 11:34:14 pm »

They need to dump a mod to remove that in the inital thing. Or an option. Infact, options to permanently remove things would be nice. Or rather, options to always include certain mods in worlds.

Why did they add in things like that to the base game? I mean, there are a ton of things that I always include that I do have to checkmark...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

ejseto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 09, 2015, 12:00:08 am »

Or rather, options to always include certain mods in worlds.

You can make mods default by pressing 's' on the mod screen during world gen.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 09, 2015, 12:34:59 am »

Thats a good thing, but still dosent either give the option to remove necromancy Or explain why they decided to add the silly thing in the first place.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 451