Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: Gladiators of Nevendaar – High Fantasy Gladiatorial Management Game - Week 5  (Read 14635 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile

Gladiators of Nevendaar – Gladiatorial Management Game

The roar of the crowd is deafening as the latest challenger to the champion title falls to the ground. It had been a valiant attempt but there were simply none who could stand before The Champions of the Gods’. Especially not their leader; Horace Lightfellow.

Every week for the past year you’ve watched the gladiator games. There have been highs and lows. You’ve made quite a bit gambling on the games and plan to win quite a bit more. Still you feel as though something is missing from the games.

On your way out you notice a booth that you haven’t seen before. ‘Registrations’

‘Registrations? Huh…’ You ponder to yourself what that means. With nothing else to do today, other than cash in your winnings, you decide to inquire here.

“What is this booth for?” you ask trying to seem non-chalant.

The bored woman attending to paperwork inside the booth sighs “This is the booth for new gladiator schools to register.”

“What does one need to do to start a school?”

“Well usually you just fill out this form,” The Registrar said as she showed you the form in question “and then hire any gladiators you can afford… However you seem to be a bit slow. Would you like to read the manual?”

Insult to you non-withstanding you quickly said “Yes” and began to devour the information in the manual as well as taking the form to fill out later…

So you want to run a gladiator school in a managerial position? It is quite simple. First familiarize yourself with the rules regarding: Schools, Gladiators, Turns, and Battle. After that simply fill out the sheet you acquired at the Registrar’s and submit it to the Registrar. Then, you will be the proud owner of one of the many gladiator schools in the region.

Spoiler: School Stats (click to show/hide)

Let’s take a look at an example school:
Quote from: Example
School Name: The Example School for Exempler Examples
Money: 350gp
Roster: [2/2]
Spoiler: Roster (2/2) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gladiator stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Turn (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Services (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Battle (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: League Types (click to show/hide)

After reading the manual several times you decide that, Yes, you do want to start a gladiator school. IN FACT, you just can’t wait to get started. So you quickly glance over the form before filling it out.

Quote from: The Sign-Up Sheet
Lord Name: Your Name here
School Name: School Name Here
School History: Please fill out...
Personal History: Please fill out...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 06:19:02 pm by Nerjin »
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
School Registrar
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 11:54:00 pm »

Quote from: kj1225
Lord: Bigus Dickus
School Name: Dickus School of Battle
Money: 219 gp
Upkee: -41 gp
Spoiler: Roster (1/3) (click to show/hide)

Quote from: IronyOwl
Lord: Platinum Elegance Stelcrest
School Name: The Emerald Fawn
Money: 325 gp
Upkeep: -64 gp
Spoiler: Roster (2/4) (click to show/hide)

Quote from: NAV
Lord: Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
School Name: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Money: 105 gp
Upkeep: -110 gp
Spoiler: Roster (2/3) (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Silthuri
Lord: Vilka Nightshade
School Name: Nightshade Academy
Money: 363 gp
Upkeep: -31 gp
Spoiler: Roster (5/5) (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Scapheap
Lord: Flowing Waters
School Name: Broken Claw
Money: 341 gp
Upkeep: -9 gp
Spoiler: Roster (2/2) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 11:40:29 am by Nerjin »

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Retired Schools
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 11:54:22 pm »

Quote from: Peradon
Lord: Melonious Largitudus
School Name: Melonious Gladitorial Management
Money: 450 gp
Upkeep: -65 gp
Spoiler: Roster (3/3) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 09:22:53 am by Nerjin »

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gladiators of Nevendaar – Gladiatorial Management Game [1/4]
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 11:54:39 pm »

Final Reserve...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 12:18:12 am »

If we're just starting out, what does School History entail?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 12:20:54 am »

That's just flavor honestly. You can be an old school just starting up again or anything you want really. I'll tailor fluff towards anything you want it to be.

Basically: School History can be whatever you want it to be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Lord Name: Bigus Dickus (Dy-kus), son of Bigus Swanshon
School Name: Dickus school of battle.
School History: THE DICKUS SCHOOL OF BATTLE HAS BEEN PASSED DOWN MY FAMILY LINE FOR GENERATIONS! My great great (the greats continues for some time) grandfather perfected his technique after gathering two of every animal and race in the world, and than kicking the stuffing out of them. And then he taught others to do it for him so he would never have to waste his time with that again! And that's why whenever someone beats someone up with little provocation they're called a dick!
Personal History: I'm actually just doing this to continue the tradition after I was wounded as a soldier.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 09:24:18 am by kj1225 »

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lord Name: Melonious Largitudus, son of Cantilopion Largitudus.(Pronounced: Melon-ee-us Large-it-ood-oos. Just Melon for short..)
School Name: Melonious Gladitorial Management, or MGM.
School History: The school was just founded, litterally. So, no history to speak of.
Personal History: Melonious lived as a tax collector for 10 years. Every week, he would watch the gladiators fight, and every week he would wish he could be among them. When he finally got fired, due to a mistake in overtaxation, he went right to the Arena to try to get a fight. Unfortunately, no one would accept him due to a large protruding mass in the stomach reagon. So, instead, Melonious decided to try his hand at management...
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Lord Name: Platinum Elegance Stelcrest
School History: Once upon a time, there was a demon named Gore. A corpulent and repulsive beast, it made a name for itself in battle driving unnaturally skilled child soldiers before it; the only thing more repugnant than its methods was its success. The Stelcrests of old met in battle with this fiend and its pawns many times, famously rescuing children from demonic bondage in honor duels on more than one occasion... and less famously losing on several more. The Charhand Legion, as the beast's followers were known, went on to become both infamous and successful, shifting to mercenary work and gladiatorial combat as war in the region dried up, and are referenced even today in songs, plays, military companies, gladiatorial schools, and other places where romanticized references to demonic child legionnaires might be held in high regard.

No one knows what became of the demon Gore himself; many stories of his grisly and painful demise existed as wishful thinking well before his most recent sightings, and the Charhand Legion and its successors were known to have operated in various forms without his direct influence for quite some time. In her quest for a purpose, however, Platinum did discover an interesting theory left behind by one of her ancestors- that around the same time the demon disappeared, an infernal "noble" house named The Butchered Stag had arisen in the foulest pits of hell. While said ancestor had no guesses as to the meaning behind the house's name nor any expertise in the finer points of demonic politics, he did note that, as amongst humans, exemplary service and great achievement often resulted in exalted station for such cretins, and remained personally convinced that his crimes in the mortal plane had granted him power and influence in an infernal one.

Platinum, of course, had even less idea than her predecessor as to the veracity of this idea, but it made for an elegant and poetic connection, the kind she could impress the refined and cultured with by explaining. She therefore decided to found her school as "The Emerald Fawn," a rival and bulwark against that brutish infernal house of old... even if only in plays and courtly gossip.
Personal History: Born the eldest daughter of a noble house, Platinum was content to wallow in luxury and courtly activities, flawlessly playing the role of useless but well-connected noble. This was in sharp contrast to her younger brother, who at a young age became obsessed with swordfights and knighthood. This would have been all well and good, save that he took it far too far, intending to actually fight things instead of looking inspiring and letting others fight for him.

Unfortunately, he eventually made good on his ambitions and ran off to stab things in a hole. Fortunately or even more unfortunately, he turned out to be rather good at it, bringing wealth, honor, and fame to himself and his House that far outstripped anything Platinum could match by having a lot of noble heir friends. The prodigy and paragon of her family suddenly found herself second-rate and lazy-looking while her idiot brother revived the image of the valiant Stelcrests of old, and not surprisingly her other siblings began making moves to follow in his footsteps rather than hers.

Faced with this existential crisis, Platinum briefly considered doing actual work before abandoning that as a fool's errand. She knew she wasn't really a fighter or worker or currently even much of a leader, but she also knew full well that she did have a lot of valuable skills- she just needed to put them to use. Maybe something about manipulating or inspiring people, handling money or logistics, maybe even getting other people to hit things with sticks for her in a pinch...

And as it so happened, not long after this decision came her and her friends' weekly gladiatorial outing, where Platinum prided herself on her ability to pick winners...
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

Lord name: Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
School name: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
School history: There is no rule saying the manager has to be human.
Personal history: An exceptionally smart and bloodthirsty bear.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 08:45:15 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lord Name: Bigus Dickus (Dy-kus), son of Bigus Swanshon
School Name: Dickus school of battle.
School History: Please fill out...
Personal History: Please fill out..

Please fill out the rest of your sheet to be accepted. I'm glad to see my very good friend Bigus Dickus again.

Lord Name: Melonious Largitudus, son of Cantilopion Largitudus.(Pronounced: Melon-ee-us Large-it-ood-oos. Just Melon for short..)
School Name: Melonious Gladitorial Management, or MGM.
School History: The school was just founded, litterally. So, no history to speak of.
Personal History: Melonious lived as a tax collector for 10 years. Every week, he would watch the gladiators fight, and every week he would wish he could be among them. When he finally got fired, due to a mistake in overtaxation, he went right to the Arena to try to get a fight. Unfortunately, no one would accept him due to a large protruding mass in the stomach reagon. So, instead, Melonious decided to try his hand at management...

Accepted.

Lord Name: Platinum Elegance Stelcrest
School History: [Super long and super awesome backstory with plenty of lore things for me to steal draw inspiration from]

Oh definitely accepted.

Lord name: Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
School name: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
School history: There is no rule saying the manager has to be human.
Personal history: An exceptionally smart and bloodthirsty bear.

...Technically true. Accepted.

Okay we will start either today or tomorrow once I get one more application from a surprise player who sent me their thing via text before the game was even up. Also, once KJ finishes his sheet a bit more.

Once I have that there will be a few units up for purchase and then the turn starts.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

I finished!

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ptw
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

How did I miss this. Not that it matters since it filled up while I was asleep. Oh well, someone may drop out.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile

Lord Name: Vilka Nightshade
School Name: Nightshade Academy
School History: It has no history.
Personal History: Vilka was a pirate who recently came into some money and decided to clean up her act just a bit by becoming the owner of a training academy. She's very well spoken for a former pirate, but her pet crow more than makes up for this. He spends most of his time sitting on her shoulder screeching insults at the nearest person. 
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14