Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21

Author Topic: YG: Gods of the Glow 15.5/15  (Read 38789 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: YG: Gods of the Glow 10.5/15
« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2015, 10:31:54 pm »

"While laws are often harmful to creation, I propose the RED Code, which can pREDtect creation:

1. If a god accuses another and cannot prove the grEEn accusations, that god will be punished as the accused would be.
2. If any god steals from the property of the Council, that god must pay to the Council the value of the stolen property fivefold.
3. If any god steals from the property of another god, that god must pay the victim the value of the stolen property twofold.
4. If a god wounds or kills another whether in vengeance or otherwise, that god shall be harmed by the Council equal in proportion to the harm inflicted.
5. If a god in a collaboration with another should fail to perform as agreed upon, that god must perform again on the initial terms."

"At the very least, these RED laws should provide a swift, concrete means of pREDtecting creation. Voting on sections may be done sepaREDly for those who disagree."

"While these are not bad,
Neither are they particularly good,
Particularly the first one."

"And what of vandalism?
Or stealing back that which had been stolen from you,
But could not be proven?
And if one is punished for harming another,
Especially if the reason doesn't matter,
Then how can one be expected to defend oneself,
Or force another to stop a behavior should they not heed reason?
Context is so very important to this,
But we are torn on the subject of the code.
The code and non-code system appeals to us for it's Duality,
But frightens us due to the nature of it's exclusion.
Anyone outside the largest code-groups is unprotected,
And could be destroyed by those within or without the code-groups,
Without any hope for appeal or retribution,
So that one is forced to join,
If one values their life or creations."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2015, 11:14:37 pm »

Einheit/Unity: "For myself, I approve of enforcing the code among those of the pantheon of Unity and the renaming to the RED Code of Unity given its scope of application."

Hecate/Charta: "Would you find a segment of Gules to be useful for your project?"

Lumio: "I see little fault in removing it if we can work closely as a pantheon."

Tataeveda: "Perhaps you could begin a second pantheon of Discongruity? This ties closely to your role as a deity or deities of Duality."

ADDIT:
Create 10 000 Qirmes.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: YG: Gods of the Glow 14.5/15
« Reply #122 on: February 22, 2015, 11:30:00 pm »

"...Also, if anyone has any extra hair or equivalent non-creepy DNA-containing ex-bodypart, Hecate would like to borrow it as part of Project Protagonist."
"Possaio liked the sound of that, though it sounded like something that might endanger his status as the protagonist of this story. He assured himself that there can be multiple protagonists in different stories, and plucked a feather to leave on the Charta for Hecate to pick up the next time he comes by. He also expressed interest and offered further help."
Possaoi plucks a feather for Hecate.

Since it technically only yet spoke of it, Possaoi formally joins the Pantheon of Unity.

Red Code of Unity
"These laws seemed unnecessarily harsh to Possaio. He trusted the Council in its decisions enough to leave laws arbitrary, Rules of the Narrative notwithstanding. As the other Gods didn't seem to know them by heart, he prepared to recite them in a moment."

There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2015, 11:46:30 pm »

"Possaio took a deep breath presented the Rules of the Narrative to the Council:"
  • "§1. The Protagonist and Antagonist of each story will inevitably have conflict between them. This conflict shouldn't cause excessive collateral damage, however that may be defined."
  • "§2. The theft of MacGuffins is very ubiquitous, but stealing other objects for no reason is generally frowned upon. For a good reason, however, it can be justified."
  • "§3. The Protagonist and Antagonist should each allow the other live after a victory, for anyone can be better than a dead person, but being better than a living one has more glamour to it."
  • "§4. One story should not distrupt another, but give it context and make it better. Kindness without a cause should be rewarded to give it one."
  • "§5. A character who breaks any of the Rules of the Narrative is already punished by the act itself, but the Council, in its wisdom, may debate on additional sanctions."
  • "§6. These Rules are only examples, and more may yet be to come should they be required."
"Possaio finished, and turned to Kokkinadam, expecting a reaction."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2015, 11:54:21 pm »

Hecate/Charta: "Would you find a segment of Gules to be useful for your project?"

"It will be useful to experiment with, at the very least, I would be glad to try it."

"Possaio liked the sound of that, though it sounded like something that might endanger his status as the protagonist of this story. He assured himself that there can be multiple protagonists in different stories, and plucked a feather to leave on the Charta for Hecate to pick up the next time he comes by. He also expressed interest and offered further help."

Charta closes momentarily on the feather, the edge sticking out like a book mark. It quickly vanishes, in a buff of dust from an ancient book. Charta opens once again, to a different page.

"I do not yet believe that will be necessary, though I suppose you deserve a brief explanation about Project Protagonist. Do you wish for one?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 22, 2015, 11:58:54 pm »

"It will be useful to experiment with, at the very least, I would be glad to try it."

Charta closes momentarily on the feather, the edge sticking out like a book mark. It quickly vanishes, in a buff of dust from an ancient book. Charta opens once again, to a different page.

"I do not yet believe that will be necessary, though I suppose you deserve a brief explanation about Project Protagonist. Do you wish for one?"

I'd like to know too before I decide whenever or not I should contribute.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2015, 12:00:57 am »

"Possaio confirmed his curiosity to Hecate's project. 'If you don't want to keep it fully public, I am willing to accept a private explanation as well as a public one,' he said."

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2015, 12:05:44 am »

Possaio: "A fascinating set of Rules indeed but probably more applicable to mortals."

Kokkinadam has instructed Gules to remove 3 of its 1 000-odd segments and deposit them at Charta.

Charta: "Use it REDly."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2015, 12:08:28 am »

Tataeveda: "Perhaps you could begin a second pantheon of Discongruity? This ties closely to your role as a deity or deities of Duality."
"Though we would not be opposed to the idea,
And indeed it seems a marvelous one,
We fear there are few remaining Gods both unjoined to Unity,
And reliable enough to join a Pantheon.
To give up before even the attempt is made, though,
Would be unfitting and self-defeating."

The twins confer for a few minutes, before speaking up again.

We will now present,
The Codes of Discongruity,
Or perhaps of Opposition.

The Codes Of The Pantheon Of Opposition:
The First Code is: Gods Shall Not Murder Other Gods.
The Second Code is: Gods Shall Not Steal the Creations of Other Gods.
The Third Code is: Gods Shall Not Harm the Disciples of Other Gods Without Due Cause.
The Fourth Code is: Gods Shall Not Destroy the Creations of Other Gods Without Due Cause.
The Fifth Code is: Gods Shall Not Force the Disciples of Other Gods to Turn Away From Them.
The Sixth Code is: Gods Shall Not Accuse Other Gods Falsely.
The Seventh Code is: Gods Shall Not Renege On Agreements Without Due Cause.
The Eighth Code is: Gods Shall Avoid Involving Or Harming Bystanders During Conflict.
The Ninth Code is: Gods Shall Follow The Spirit of The Codes, Not The Letter.
The Tenth Code is: Gods Shall Be Punished By The Pantheon Collectively Should They Break These Codes.
The Last Code is: Gods Shall Be Judged For Their Crime Based on The Severity, The Cause, And The Context.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 23, 2015, 12:10:29 am »

"I desire to also learn about this project your doing, Hecate."
Slice off a piece of my hair for Hecate.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #130 on: February 23, 2015, 12:18:01 am »

Tick 3: RED vs BLUe
Xenos, Avignon, Ao Shin, and Jafar form from the Anupralt. All the gods feel less changed by their actions.

Itar has created 600 Blue Borbs. {-6E} Gules has used its great length to encircle them all while shouting about how blue was a poison that must be erased, causing Gules to glow white but preventing the spread of the horrible Blue.
Gules: I cannot REDmove the CURSSSED blueNESSSS and greenNESSSS from the SSStoneSSS, for I am CRUSHING SSServantSSS of blue! ((And because he can only change colours temporarily...))

Kokkinadam begins to travel, searching for signs of those "Titans". Eventually, it begins hearing static. In the distance, it can see patterns of light, flashing in and out of existence.

Bob creates a gigantic cloud of purple gas. This "Bob's Fart" is able to support life, though there is none yet. {Bob -8E}

The Pantheon of Unity has been created, currently consisting of Einheit, Kokkinadam and Possaio.
The Pantheon of Opposition has also been formed, though for now it only contains Tataeveda.

Kokkinadam creates 10,000 Qirmes. {-6E}
Currently they are just floating in Bob's Farts, because there is nowhere for them to live on.

Hecate has begin collecting pieces of Gods and Angels, for an unknown purpose. So far, he has collected a feather from Possaio, three segments from Gules and a lock of hair from Itar.

Spoiler: New Proposals (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Old Proposals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Votes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

((Edit to fix a few errors... Sorry.)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 01:04:49 am by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 23, 2015, 12:21:24 am »

Support 1.1
Propose Binary Suns
Support 1.12
Oppose 1.121
Support 1.13
Support 1.14
Oppose 1.15
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 23, 2015, 12:28:53 am »

Possaio: "A fascinating set of Rules indeed but probably more applicable to mortals."

Kokkinadam has instructed Gules to remove 3 of its 1 000-odd segments and deposit them at Charta.

Charta: "Use it REDly."

Charta closes again around them, forming a lump in the pages. This time, it begins spinning swiftly, and when it stops they are gone. It, of course, opens up to a different page once again before the letters reappear. It simply closes around the hair, absorbing it, before returning to its "speaking" position.

"Thank you. Or rather, you have my GREDitude. I should suppose I should explain the project now. I don't believe in keeping pointless secrets, books are designed to share knowlage after all, though it goes against Hecate's quite nature to do so himself.

As we all know, protagonists are generally exceptional in some way. Strength, intelligence, situation...some trait that makes their lives different from the ordinary mortal. In stories where Gods pull a large part, these exceptional people are often described as their children or otherwise related in some way to them. Project Protagonist seeks to bring out these traits in mortals by introducing said "Demigods", genetically engineered from your own DNA. Preferably, Hecate will be able to extract whatever the "Divinity" of your genes is, adding the traits without making them your children."

Above the text, a pencil-sketch of a large Flask appears with a developing fetus inside of it, in three dimensions the same way as the text. It slowly rotates above the book.

"In some scientific notes I found next to a book about a girl and her friend who hit things with sticks, it seems that it is possible to make 'flask-born' demigods. The notes are incomplete, for some reason they end just when the child becomes about a year in age, but they do prove it is possible. It seems it was based off a god closely related to books, making it easy for me to use. I intend to create the flask with modifications, allowing me to have complete control over your DNA. Using this, I will modify the strand to become some of the major races, while adding in the required energy for the fetus to develop. In theory, I will be able to create an exceptional being of any race. Once developed, I will put them on the steps of our temples or otherwise hand them over to the mortals to begin their story.

Is everything clear?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #133 on: February 23, 2015, 12:53:29 am »

Charta: "P

"What? Gules? Quit attacking those hIdEOUs mUtAnts belonging to the blUE OnE and drain the two gemstones ItAr tried to give instead!"

Announce to the Qirmes through a proto-Qirmes flashing language: "As for you, most blessed firstborn of Kokkinadam, I command that you be fruitful and multiply! On behalf of the squabbling blUE and grEEn lovers, I apologize that you still have no solid world to call your home, but these instructions, the Grand Rubric, should suffice even after you are given your due:
RED: SpRED the RED within your territories pREDigiously but let none violate sacRED boundaries/chasms.
SCARLET: Make known the virtues of REDness through actions and letting-your-blessings-be-seen and never speech. The other children of the gods will almost certainly make words by agitating fluids.
MAROON: You are completely forbidden only from heating your interiors to more than a yellow heat. All else is permitted.
RUBY: Sacrifice things that are not RED to gain my favor.
CARMINE: Respect Gules and provide payment immediately when boarding."

Listen in to the static and look closely at the patterns in the distance.

ADDIT: Support 2.2
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 12:57:27 am by Kilojoule Proton »

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 23, 2015, 01:01:53 am »

((You forgot to put Lumio in the pantheon of unity))

snip

Ohh! That sounds very interesting! I wonder how my "offspring" would look like, but I'll need to create my race before I can participate. I will have to wait for the planet to be created.
As for the boring stuff:

Oppose 2.1
Support 2.3 If rule 3 is removed, oppose otherwise.
Oppose 2.4. You should make this a code of conduct for your followers instead.
Oppose binary suns.
Two suns means less night! Disgusting!
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21