Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who will run the successor thread to MurderMachines!

Shaggard
- 1 (3.3%)
TheFlame52
- 9 (30%)
peregarrett
- 8 (26.7%)
CaptainMcClellan
- 6 (20%)
Kefkacrazy
- 6 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: March 13, 2015, 03:14:20 pm

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: MurderMachines's Successor  (Read 30523 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: MurderMachines's Successor
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2015, 04:08:40 pm »

I'll note that the super rare caste thing works great, the male angels are way too nasty to bump into regularly in my world but setting em to be 1 in 5000 works great.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2015, 04:33:23 pm »

I'll note that the super rare caste thing works great, the male angels are way too nasty to bump into regularly in my world but setting em to be 1 in 5000 works great.
Oooo... cool.

Hey Max, you've mentioned your angels a lot, are you wanting them in DGIII or are you just bragging about the awesome thing you made? ???

Less snarky question: Would you be willing to collab with me on my modding? ( It helps to have people who know more than you and all... plus then I might actually get some homework done in between working on it. )

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2015, 07:23:16 pm »

Anyone got ideas for spells that work and won't cause the wizard to kill himself when controlled by the AI? So far all I have is a resurrect interaction that only works on dwarves and the ability to throw slade balls.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2015, 07:29:37 pm »

Anyone got ideas for spells that work and won't cause the wizard to kill himself when controlled by the AI? So far all I have is a resurrect interaction that only works on dwarves and the ability to throw slade balls.
Possibly a paralysis spell in form of a breath attack. You'd just have to make sure the wizard is immune to it or that won't be ultimately useful. Anyone have insight into how to properly affect this.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2015, 03:31:23 am »

Oooo... cool.

Hey Max, you've mentioned your angels a lot, are you wanting them in DGIII or are you just bragging about the awesome thing you made? ???

Less snarky question: Would you be willing to collab with me on my modding? ( It helps to have people who know more than you and all... plus then I might actually get some homework done in between working on it. )
They're my first successfully integrated entity and creature and they're freaking terrifying in person so I'd be happy to help you test out and balance something which will provide a fun story to read.

Plus stuff like making sure the voidspawn wear armor when they show up, though that isn't too hard, mostly just stuff like getting them where you really have to throw a good number of well geared dorfs at em and never just steam roll them left and right as that is the sense I get they were originally built towards.

So yeah, chuck some raws at me and I'll check for the good and bad kind of broken stuff, and I can see how they survive nasty world-gen settings+try them out directly as an adventurer to make sure they work all around. Weird bugs pop up that you wouldn't notice in fort mode, like if you had a creature that could only grapple while holding a weapon, how would you notice?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 03:34:02 am by Max™ »

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2015, 06:07:48 am »

Wait, this thread actually gets used?
PTW I guess

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2015, 02:26:33 pm »

Wait, this thread actually gets used?
PTW I guess
Yep. As of today I'm migrating all DG:III discussion here. Starting with some quotes from recent events on the MurderMachines thread:

Spoiler: The Recent Happenings (click to show/hide)

Note: This is just the world-building thread. When we get ready to kickoff, we're still starting a new thread. The spoilered text still has many questions that need answering.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2015, 02:29:19 pm »

Oooo... cool.

They're my first successfully integrated entity and creature and they're freaking terrifying in person so I'd be happy to help you test out and balance something which will provide a fun story to read.

Plus stuff like making sure the voidspawn wear armor when they show up, though that isn't too hard, mostly just stuff like getting them where you really have to throw a good number of well geared dorfs at em and never just steam roll them left and right as that is the sense I get they were originally built towards.

So yeah, chuck some raws at me and I'll check for the good and bad kind of broken stuff, and I can see how they survive nasty world-gen settings+try them out directly as an adventurer to make sure they work all around. Weird bugs pop up that you wouldn't notice in fort mode, like if you had a creature that could only grapple while holding a weapon, how would you notice?
I wouldn't. :P I haven't even gotten to the creatures yet, I'm still working on mats and reactions. Have some unfinished reactions.
Code: [Select]
reaction_nuclear

[REACTION:REFINE_PITCHBLENDE]
[NAME:Extract Uranium from Pitchblende]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:PITCHBLENDE]
[PRODUCT:100:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:URANIUM]
[PRODUCT:15:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:THORIUM]
(PRODUCT:5:1:<TYPE>:<SUBTYPE>:INORGANIC:PLUTONIUM)
[FUEL]
[SKILL:SMELT]
[SMELT]

[REACTION:REFINE_THORITE]
[NAME:Make Thorium from Thorite]
[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:THORITE]
[PRODUCT:50:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:THORIUM]
[PRODUCT:50:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:URANIUM]
[PRODUCT:100:<TYPE>:<SUBTYPE>:INORGANIC:SLAG]

[REACTION:URANIUM_TO_ENHANCED]
[NAME:Enhance uranium]
[BUILDING:"X":]
[REAGENT:A:4:BAR:]
[PRODUCT:]
[SKILL:]

[REACTION:NUCLEAR_SMELTING]
[NAME:Smelt Supermetals with Nuclear Fission]
[BUILDING:NUCLEAR_FORGE]
[REAGENT:A:] //Super-metal type will have to be set-up. Defined as those metals whose melting points is >=12000, that is Magma-safe.
[REAGENT:B:2:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:URANIUM]
[PRODUCT:X:<TYPE>:<SUBTYPE>:INORGANIC:PLUTONIUM]
[SKILL:]
Please, coat your dwarves in Nether-cap clothes before operating nuclear appliances.

[REACTION:NUCLEAR_SCRAM]
[NAME:Scram the reactor!]
[BUILDING:NUCLEAR_REACTOR]

[REACTION:NUCLEAR_EXCITE]

[REACTION:SHAVE_NETHERCAP]
[NAME:Shave nethercap logs into strands]
[BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN]
[REAGENT:nethercap log:1:WOOD:]
[REAGENT:bag:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[BAG][PERSERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:10:NETHER_STRAND:NETHER_CAP]
[PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:]
[SKILL:EXTRACT_STRAND]

[REACTION:WEAVE_NETHERSTRAND]
[NAME:Weave nether strands into a armor]
[BUILDING:LOOM]
[REAGENT:A:]
[SKILL:WEAVING]

[REACTION:HAFNIUM]
[NAME:Transmute slag into hafnium]
[BUILDING:ARCANE]
[REAGENT:]
[PRODUCT]
[SKILL:ALCHEMY]
[SKILL:CONCENTRATION]

[REACTION:DRUID]
[NAME:Transmute worthless stone to plump helmets]
[REAGENT:worthless stone:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE]
[PRODUCT:50:25:]

[REACTION:CHEESE]
[NAME:Blessed are the cheesemakers]
[REAGENT:worthless stone:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE]
[PRODUCT:51:10:CHEESE]
[SKILL:CHEESEMAKING]

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2015, 05:38:34 pm »

when we do the world gen can we make sure that elves get situated in a good biome. I almost never find those.....
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2015, 05:48:01 pm »

when we do the world gen can we make sure that elves get situated in a good biome. I almost never find those.....
I'm sure we can, why do you ask?

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2015, 06:34:25 pm »

sunshine, tame unicorns, ect.

of course if they go to long without giving us something USEFULL
then we burn them....

and also if we wait for next release then we can get elves to join us sometimes, and elves tend to be faster than dwarfs.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2015, 09:18:58 am »

sunshine, tame unicorns, ect.

of course if they go to long without giving us something USEFULL
then we burn them....

and also if we wait for next release then we can get elves to join us sometimes, and elves tend to be faster than dwarfs.
Yeah, the multiple race fort alone sounds like reason enough to wait. On one condition: once the elves have joined us they have to be willing to submit to our brain-slug master-race from the void. No trying to kill our dwarves over the massive tree-slaughter, and they have to be willing to put on metal armor and kick-ass. We want Cacame Apebaldeds, not resident hippies.

Also, depending on whether or not I can get Toady to notice my suggestion thread, we might actually have the capability of building nuclear reactors capable of undergoing meltdowns and spewing radioactive waste everywhere. If not, we'll still have nuclear forges to smelt high-end shit with. ( e.g. Bauxite into aluminum, dead reapers into screaming metal bars, etc. ) Not only that, it relieves a lot of pressure on me because it's looking more and more like I won't really be able to participate until after midterms at soonest, and after finals to do so reasonably. :/ I just don't want to be the one holding up the fort for three months... so we might just go ahead and start and I'll have my turn later.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2015, 09:22:14 am »

Oh right, we can only possess dwarfs. Oh well. Surely a few are willing to submit to the power of nothingness.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2015, 10:11:47 am »

How about one void escapee who looks for a site/beacon to attract others to? Doing some murdering along the way helps with legends.

And since we can get the scout in as a migrant, we can set up a backstory with one brave soul finding a place for others to invade and then persuades local dwarves to set up a fortress there and send steady supply of bodies to posess.
I like that idea.

Well, my plan with the Grand Wizard is that there is going to be a sooper rare caste of dwarf. I'll found Slaughterhelm, make an adventurer as said caste, retire them at the fort, and unretire the fort and start playing.
Mm.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2015, 11:59:47 am »

MaxTM, did you want me to pitch the RAWs to you here or by PM?

Edit: Also. Flame, for your Wizard Caste can we have its blood be drinkable for a temporary major stat buff? And for the Voidwraiths, maybe a separate caste or them with the same blood, except more geared toward strength boost and rage than int buff.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 01:20:09 pm by CaptainMcClellan »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19