Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Being hated for killing vampires in adventure mode  (Read 1914 times)

RedSchuhart

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Being hated for killing vampires in adventure mode
« on: February 18, 2015, 02:52:52 pm »

Good time of day to you.
So I've started to play 0.40.xx, after some reading I figured how to find beasts and vampires, although I still don't understand how do rumors work.
So I get to know where the vampire is I find him and accuse him. And that's all, he starts spitting at me just as if I said something about his mother. And thats all. And if I kill him everybody thinks that I'm a criminal, not a brave hero that killed an abomination and a threat to all village.
So, how do I deal with this? Or do I have to deal_with_it.gif?

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Being hated for killing vampires in adventure mode
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 08:20:18 pm »

Oh comon sombody answer the thread before I do....
No takers ok.

This will make no sense bear wolf it

The vampire has menigitis and is trying to spread it by spitting at you.
The town probably loves the vampire and allows him to hang around. And killing him is still murder.
Sadly if everyone attacks you they may get the cultist tag (fisherman cultist, craftsman cultist etc).
Because vampires have great social skills and big teeth people cant help but love them.
Just remember that you are doing the right thing in killing a vampire and defending yourself.

So yeah deal with it.
Dont drink his blood, dont lick yourself after killing it. Jump in a river and let the sin wash off you.
Vampires are abhorrent creatures and deserve the light!
By the way Welcome to the forums. I am the most powerful sentient creature on here and have killed many legendary adventurers and deer
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

funkydwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 09:02:08 pm »

You probably are accusing the wrong NPC. Try another.

RedSchuhart

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 11:28:57 pm »

The town probably loves the vampire and allows him to hang around. And killing him is still murder.
Well, taking into accout that fact that they drink blood and can kill you while doing it - villagers seem to be very stupid. Bu maybe it's natural selection? But as a part of a game it sucks.

By the way Welcome to the forums. I am the most powerful sentient creature on here and have killed many legendary adventurers and deer
Thank you!

You probably are accusing the wrong NPC. Try another.
Nope, he answers in red text that he killed many, so it is really him.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 05:35:11 am »

Accuse him then let him attack first. Does that help? I think then you won't be counted as the aggressor and they might help.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 06:23:20 am »

Most vampires will take offense and spit in your face, the ones that hide in society btw, they are basicly supernatural politicians.

The wild ones however. Hunt freely and will attack on sight without any accusation.
My exp being a night creature hunter is to never ask or talk about it. Just observe the target, look at what they wear and who is around them. They wont sleep so if everybody in the house is sleeping and one guy has a tooth bracelet or a hair ring and isnt sleeping.. welll sheet I wonder what that its.
Plan the attack so they are alone... its not easy. Being a vampire they are content standing in one spot with cultists friends until they get hungry.

Long story short.
A vampire who attacks you would do it on sight not because you accused someone.
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

RedSchuhart

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 11:35:15 am »

Accuse him then let him attack first. Does that help? I think then you won't be counted as the aggressor and they might help.
Нe just spits at me
Plan the attack so they are alone... its not easy. Being a vampire they are content standing in one spot with cultists friends until they get hungry.
So I have to catch him while he drinks blood to be a hero and not a killer?

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 02:01:32 pm »

So I have to catch him while he drinks blood to be a hero and not a killer?
Ive never seen a feeding tbh.
But them being alone means nobody will think youre a dick.
Steath them.
But have fun with it.
If its frustrating you just do another quest/train until you can easily stop it.
Use slashing weapons to open up as many veins as you can and bleed him.
Bludgeoning damage can still kill but vamps dont feel pain (or anything humanlike) and breaking bones wont make it pass out.
Try removing all the limbs, teeth, ears,... eveything that isnt a head and bisection and laugh at the cripple

RedSchuhart

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2015, 04:49:19 pm »

But have fun with it.
[/quote]
Well, I think that I'll switch to bandits and wild animals. Hope no one will hate me for this.
And how does the popularity thing work in 0.40? What I have to do to earn me a good name? I shall spread rumors about my heroic killings?

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2015, 05:15:01 pm »

Popularity is all shit at the moment. Why do you want it? for companions?
most the popularity gained will be from killing beasts n baddies that are enemys to the civ you are helping.
Spreading rumours works well though. Like an airborn virus.

Now if you want many companions I could show you some threads realated to that but its quicker if I tell you.
Get as many that can follow you. Go to a secluded area tell them to wait and the game will keep then compainions but not an active party and you can recruit more (rinse wash repeat) go back to the drop location and ask all to follow you.
Or
You could brave the shitty FPS of a dark fort and rekidnap the kids (I got 164 this way) take them somewhere tell them to wait and then wait yourself for an hour and they will 'grow up' changing from child to recruit and they become equipable fron there onwards.
Or
learn the secrets of life and death and res anything in sight.
There is no follower cap if you know the ways around it.
Im sure I covered it all.
Any more questions while im being sensible?