Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Stargate B-1-2  (Read 11956 times)

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
Re: Stargate B-1-2
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2015, 10:25:52 pm »

I'll be in as a Challenging Force!

By the way, is the challenging force going to be Wraith, Go'uld (Jaffa, as Go'uld aren't on the front lines), Ori, Replicators, or something else?

I'm sorry, the only thing I plan to take from the show or movie is the core concepts of marines entering portals and completing missions. It's all new. I may allow people to be involved with writing those missions, but not for this 1st one.

To answer your question the challenging force could literally be a force of nature, such as weather, or wildlife. It could be a person but there's no guarantee.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 10:28:10 pm by GameBoyBlue »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2015, 10:29:51 pm »

I'll be the explosive expert!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2015, 10:37:27 pm »

I'll retake Portal physicist!
I'm certainly interested.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2015, 10:38:53 pm »

I'm sorry, the only thing I plan to take from the show or movie is the core concepts of marines entering portals and completing missions. It's all new. I may allow people to be involved with writing those missions, but not for this 1st one.

Oh...I'm going to withdraw then.  With the title being 'Stargate', but not set in a divergent point in the universe, I won't be able to help trying to apply aspects of the show to this.  If it was divergent canon (running parallel to main, but what we do would change things) or alternative canon (ex. us replacing the units), I could have gone with it, but flat throwing everything out...
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2015, 10:45:16 pm »

Oh...I'm going to withdraw then.  With the title being 'Stargate', but not set in a divergent point in the universe, I won't be able to help trying to apply aspects of the show to this.  If it was divergent canon (running parallel to main, but what we do would change things) or alternative canon (ex. us replacing the units), I could have gone with it, but flat throwing everything out...

Well you could definitely apply the spirit of discovery. I almost feel we'd be doing that aspect a disservice if we held to canon. I will withdraw you for now.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2015, 10:56:11 pm »

Well you could definitely apply the spirit of discovery. I almost feel we'd be doing that aspect a disservice if we held to canon. I will withdraw you for now.

My mind will never accept it as Stargate if I can't fight mind-controlled by parasite snakes who control the galaxy and named after ancient gods, punch beings that leach your life from you and have several mile long organic ships that curb-stomped the creators of the Stargate, or dick around with the technology of the Ancients, and that will only lessen my enjoyment.  Only part about canon I care about is the world.  Lack of the canonical SG-1?  Lack of the Atlantis Teams?  Can deal with it.  Lack of the Gou'ld, the Wraith, and the Ancients with them not having similar impact?  My enjoyment will plummet to nothing.  Those things are defining.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2015, 11:05:01 pm »

My mind will never accept it as Stargate if[...]

You're having a hard time making this something its not trying to be. But if you'd rather play trivia than have an experience that is about what attracted you to that material in the first place, ok.

Once again, you know not what lies on the other side. How exciting.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 11:12:33 pm by GameBoyBlue »

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2015, 11:10:46 pm »

So uh.... You guys still need a captain?

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2015, 11:11:40 pm »

Yus.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2015, 11:12:13 pm »

Well then. I only have one thing to say.

SIGN ME THE HELL UP.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2015, 11:33:37 pm »

You're having a hard time making this something its not trying to be. But if you'd rather play trivia than have an experience that is about what attracted you to that material in the first place, ok.

It is more that those are such major factors in the Stargate lore (admittedly, the first and third more than the second), that a universe without them is not really Stargate.  Hell, there wouldn't even be a Stargate Program without Ra!  Yes, there was one in the Antarctic, but that one was only found due to a surge causing the gate to jump to it.  The gate they used for the program for quite some time was one Ra brought to the planet when he enslaved it.  I can't enjoy the game with the Gou'ld not existing as a quite major power knowing that fact.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 11:37:42 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2015, 11:48:53 pm »

that a universe without them is not really Stargate.

Exactly! You're getting it! This is not Stargate. It's a similar concept. but its not that Stargate. I'm sorry your enjoyment of that show has spoiled ever having a portal hopping experience, but that is your choice, and that is what this game promises to be. Take away the franchise from the word stargate, and see it as a scify term, you've arrived at what we have here. Don't let the similarities or differences spoil it for you, unless you get a benefit from that. If so then so be it, but I have spoken I'll I can on this point.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 11:50:41 pm by GameBoyBlue »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2015, 11:50:28 pm »

I'd like to be something living.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2015, 11:50:58 pm »

I'm game for world hopping. So long as no one minds me trying to recruit every sentient being we meet.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2015, 11:51:41 pm »

"You ain't gunna recruit me, sonny!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10