Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Journeys: RPG of Wandering RELOADED!  (Read 3421 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Journeys: RPG of Wandering RELOADED!
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2015, 01:00:25 pm »

I don't know, I would've rather enjoyed some of the expanded thoughts behind my truck's gas mileage, and the difference between the construction of the gravel road and the gravel wall. ;)

You might want to say which parts are for which character though, took me a bit to realise the top one was mine :))

Pull up slowly to the wall, and get out

"Greetings Wanderer! What is your business in our little town?"

"I'm going to need some food for my Hound and myself, for our travels. I'm a merchant by trade, so I'd also like to peruse your market for some goods to sell further down the line. It has been something of a lonely journey here, so I'll probably check out what you have for bars and taverns while I'm here, too. Perhaps you could recommend one or two for me, sir?"

((I literally did forget to give myself food in the pre-game... well done me))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2015, 01:28:13 pm »

"Pah, Stop being such an Ignoramus, I can't very well use my Valuable Drinking Water just to satisfy your Germophic Tendencies, Now can I? The Sooner we find a Town, The sooner I can trade my Magnificent Talent in exchange for Hired Laborers, THEN I'll be able to WASH my hands."

Morlin Proceeds down the Road and cleans Fredrick using the Cleanest Rag he can find.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2015, 01:37:12 pm »

I don't know, I would've rather enjoyed some of the expanded thoughts behind my truck's gas mileage, and the difference between the construction of the gravel road and the gravel wall. ;)

(Yo-You want more details on the construction of the road, walls, and you truck's downhill gas mileage? Are you even human?)

You might want to say which parts are for which character though, took me a bit to realise the top one was mine :))

(Yeah, I realized that when writing it. Ill probably put the character's names above them next time.)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2015, 09:53:44 pm »

Lucius: Take the pen and paper and right down the required information. Say as little as he can while conversing with the guard. Ask what features/points of interest this town has and places that I might obtain some form of work.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2015, 09:55:33 pm »

Head to town, gotta get warmer gear. Damn how fast Winter comes in these parts.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2015, 03:47:44 pm »

Arthur "Shady" Fitzgerald:

The gravel wall seems to only differ in construction from the road by being vertical, apparently held together by some kind of impressive glue. As you get closer, you notice the faint lines telling you the gravel was placed into bricks for the wall, much more logical then the glue thing. The rough edges of the gravel make it difficult to tell from any distance, but it seems to be a normal brick wall, save for its material. You also make a mental note to check the gas mileage of your van in the future.

You exit the Van, the shouting waking up Hound and causing him to peek out the window with interest. You speak to the Guard, who appears to write something for a moment before responding.

"Sorry, Friend! I am an immigrant myself, and have yet had time off from my duties to go drinking." the man replies, still shouting with his hands cupped. From this short distance it is quite annoying.

"You see, this country allows anyone to become a citizen, so long as they preform their 'duty' before entering! I have kept you long enough, you must be starving. Go ahead in!"

The heavy wooden gate swiftly splits in two and parts backwards, allowing you to see the road ahead of you. There is a good distance between the walls and the actual town, though not absurdly so. From what you can see, it all seems to be situated by the river. Near it, the buildings seem to be much larger, several stories high at least. Away from it, they seem to get gradually smaller and less impressive, ending with huts on the edges of the town.

Morlin Master Magician Extraordinaire

(Judging by your words, I will assume you are heading down the road that looks like it leads to civilization. Correct me if this is wrong)

"You bloo-" the ring starts, as you pull it off for cleaning. You look through your supplies for a proper rag, finding nothing close to that definition save your cloths. In the end, you just end up wiping him off on your shirt. Your dirty traveler's shirt. Some how, you doubt that is enough to placate him.

As you continue down the side road, the 'garden' on either side gets larger and more grand. At first, it was just the small group of trees and bushes along the road side, then two sculpture like planets next to each other, but it kept expanding in scale and quality until it seems like the entire forest was a single garden. The details are more detailed, you could swear that the outline of a human in a bush was a man wearing camouflage, while more exotic and obviously non-native plants carved into more exotic patterns appear more frequently the longer you go along the road.

Finally, in the epicenter of the bizarre plant invasion, there is a massive hedge. A giant wall of green, with many plants growing on it in a way that does not seem to be as decorative. You can not tell if it was simply a normal wall covered in plants, a wall constructed out of plants, or simply a plant that is literally a hedge. In front of it was a normal-looking log cabin that likely acts as the guard house for any nearby town.

Lucius

You quickly jot down the accurate required information, while asking the guard questions in presumably short sentences.

"Well, this country has a large population and very little unemployment. You could find a job doing just about anything if you looked hard enough. If you don't want to stay more then the initial week, you might have trouble making any money, but I think a caravan of traders is about to leave. You might be able to take up a guard position with them.

As for point of interest, we are a technologically advanced city. Many travelers enjoy a visit to the Game Room, my son always loves going there anyway. We are prosperous as well, you could find any supply you want in our markets. Our cinemas are also popular, they use the same technology as the game room!"

The staticy voice continued. The tone seemed much more exited and friendly then the initial scripted response.

"Welcome to our city, sir. Please remember to abide by all laws and not to make trouble while inside this country. Staying more then your allotted time is a crime punishable by law."

The voice returned to its unenthusiastic words that seem to have been said hundreds of times as the steel gate goes slowly upward, granting you entrance into the town beyond the walls.

"Whatever"

You kick up a personal blizzard of snow behind you as you speed toward the palisade, desperate to not freeze to death. In no time, you are standing next to the thick log wall, looking for any sort of entrance. The entire thing looks uniform, from what you can tell, with no noticeable entrance at this moment.

"State your business!" A commanding voice finally calls out to you, from somewhere behind the wall. You hear a safety being loudly flicked off from the location of the voice.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2015, 04:20:28 pm »

Arthur "Shady" Fitzgerald:

The gravel wall seems to only differ in construction from the road by being vertical, apparently held together by some kind of impressive glue. As you get closer, you notice the faint lines telling you the gravel was placed into bricks for the wall, much more logical then the glue thing. The rough edges of the gravel make it difficult to tell from any distance, but it seems to be a normal brick wall, save for its material. You also make a mental note to check the gas mileage of your van in the future.

((yay! :P))

"Sorry, Friend! I am an immigrant myself, and have yet had time off from my duties to go drinking." the man replies, still shouting with his hands cupped. From this short distance it is quite annoying.

"You see, this country allows anyone to become a citizen, so long as they preform their 'duty' before entering! I have kept you long enough, you must be starving. Go ahead in!"

Question him about what it means to be a citizen, and what he means by "perform their 'duty'".

The heavy wooden gate swiftly splits in two and parts backwards, allowing you to see the road ahead of you. There is a good distance between the walls and the actual town, though not absurdly so. From what you can see, it all seems to be situated by the river. Near it, the buildings seem to be much larger, several stories high at least. Away from it, they seem to get gradually smaller and less impressive, ending with huts on the edges of the town.

Enter the town and exit the van, making sure all the doors are locked. Bring Hound with me, and look for the seediest bar/tavern I can find, enter and order food (anything with cooked meat, give some to Hound) and something light (not too alcoholic) to drink. Once I've eaten, look for someone for whom I can smuggle something.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2015, 06:48:46 pm »

"Greetings Guard! I Wish to find Rest and Shelter from the Road."

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2015, 11:59:09 pm »

Lucius: Tell the guy that work is my business and that I'm intending to stay a few months if able: depending on the requirements of temporary citizenship.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2015, 12:23:03 am »

Dead after 3 pages? Damn :P

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2015, 12:32:54 am »

Dead after 3 pages? Damn :P

Eeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh. We can make it four if we just post random things for the next page.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2015, 12:36:40 am »

Well I think you should totally go with updating with who's posted so far. But I'm biased and want to play this, and you're the GM, so... it's up to you.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2015, 12:38:46 am »

Well I think you should totally go with updating with who's posted so far. But I'm biased and want to play this, and you're the GM, so... it's up to you.

But...that is soooooo much work  :'( :'( :'(

Eh, I don't have much to do tomorrow. Maybe I will might get it then. Don't question the grammar.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2015, 01:40:03 am »

It's not something I generally do on the internet. People could be dyslexic or not have English as their first language, so it would be unfair of me to criticise, seeing as I'm only able to speak English and Scots, which is basically just English with different pronunciation.

I've also started not being able to type properly recently, which is weird...

Pages: 1 2 [3]