Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: Archipelago: Patron [SG]  (Read 14356 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
Archipelago: Patron [SG]
« on: February 07, 2015, 06:45:08 pm »

Your people have just set up their new town on a new island. The island has a few threats but nothing they can't handle. They have a small militia, housing, a basic market/forum, a simple temple, and a farmland in the open plains outside the city.
Your people inhabit the east side of the island on the shore and a little bit inland, enough to have their city set up on firm ground. They do not have a port but they do have fishing boats.

You are the patron of this town, you were chosen by them as their guardian, at the temple their priests can talk to you and you can talk to them, you must help them in what ways you can. You have a set sphere of influence and can not go out of it's bounds, many spheres cross each other but there are definitive boundaries of where one sphere ends and another begins. If you do not keep them alive, prosperous, and happy they will stop worshipping you and you will disappear, alternatively if they all die you will have no worshipers and you will disappear.

What god are you?

Name:
Sphere of influence: ((ye gods game has a nice place for this, there is a DF spheres list that is pretty useful, I wouldn't suggest anything too out of the box as the more abstract the smaller the sphere. Good ones would be death, war, farm/harvest, wisdom, other pretty common ones. You can not choose god of gods, you may however choose two non opposite spheres.))
Appearance: what do you look like to them?

((Maybe more if I can think of more))

(( companion hero game http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=149780.0 ))
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 05:25:39 pm by Cryxis, Prince of Doom »
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Archipelago: Patron [SG]
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 06:58:27 pm »

Name: Cronut (open to suggestions)
Sphere of influence: Invention, Magic
Appearance: A ever-complicated clockwork, gears of shapes and materials not known to man, somehow both stretching into infinity and yet the size of three men.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 07:16:53 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 07:06:07 pm »

Sphere of influence: Invention
Appearance: A ever-complicated clockwork, gears of shapes and materials not known to man, somehow both stretching into infinity and yet the size of three men.
He said two spheres, so invention and innovation?
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 07:09:26 pm »

((Invention and innovation are a bit close, if I may suggest widening your spheres to get the biggest bag for your buck
EX: invention and war could get you a civ that has really advanced war machines and able to win battles easily with their superior weapons.
Or Invention and harvest could get you a civ that has very advanced food tech, able to survive sieges for lengthy times and travel long distances with well preserved foods))

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 07:19:49 pm »

Edited. Although I thought it was a "split you power" type thing. This way we've got cool machines, cool magic, and cool magitek. I think the description still works as it's a bit Eldritch and clockwork is a common look in magitek.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2015, 07:25:04 pm »

My official +1

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 07:33:31 pm »

My official +1
+1

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 07:35:03 pm »

((I'll wait for one more vote and continue))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2015, 07:48:14 pm »

Why don't we get a god of dragons so our dudes can ride/turn into dragons?

Name: Ai'Zash
Sphere of influence: Dragons, Magic
Appearance: A white and golden dragon. Occasionally a humanoid female with gold draconic wings, wreathed in bright, golden-white flames of magic

I'm imagining golden armies marching under our banner, machines of war powered by magical fire, esteemed dragon-riders far superior to any cavalry, lesser lords running with magical energy and greater lords with powerful draconic forms.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 08:08:40 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2015, 08:16:53 pm »

I'm imagining golden armies marching under our banner, machines of war powered by magical fire, esteemed dragon-riders far superior to any cavalry, lesser lords running with magical energy and greater lords with powerful draconic forms.
Or just nuke them with the power of magical science

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2015, 09:23:01 pm »

Why is everyone so violent? I know this reminds me at least of vikings but vikings really only had a slightly above average number of pillagers. The only difference was they attacked monks who wrote the history books. It would be so cool to just have magictek utopia while everyone else lived in squalor and war.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2015, 09:49:09 pm »

My official +1
+1
+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2015, 10:41:40 pm »

((Has anyone made the connection to what collection of civs inspired this game?))

You are Cronut, the god of invention and magic, patron of the Artino clan.
Their military is a band of Druidic warriors who use advanced magical weapons. They may not have the most advanced weaponry, but they do have decent magical weapons.
The city has good comodations, sewers, roads, and well built buildings. Their magic allows for even better quality crafts and machines.
The temple is made of magical clockwork. There are three priests who can talk to you, each reigns over a different part of the civ.
One reigns over the military and it's decisions.
One reigns over the government and it's running.
The last reigns over the people and their jobs, the every day life.
They each send messages from those under them to you to present their problems.
In turn they hope for you to send a reply, through action or word.
Because of the muster around the temple only the three high priests are allowed to enter, and rarely their apprentices.

Today is the aniversary of the fifth year since settlement and the priests call upon you for a few new requests. But firstly you should recall the past 4 years.

Year 1: The boats arrived and the people came ashore, they chopped down trees and constructed housing. They scouted safe places and mark dangers.
Year 2: The people constructed their city and began searching for a patron. A war band of a military also formed to protect the people from danger.
Year 3: Development of the sewers and cleaner places begins, the roads are made allowing travel through the city. The people find you.
Year 4: the temple is made and the priests selected. The development is done and the military armed with new toys.

Now the priests requests for the year

Military: The soilders have encountered a re-occurring threat in the hills just north of the cutting woods, they report dead things rising and attacking, though the attacks are few for now those killed in the attacks, their bodies disappear.

Government: the people want to set up a system to govern themselves and they ask you to decide.

People: what should be our attire and what morals shall guide us?

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2015, 10:42:22 pm »

My official +1
+1
+1
+1 There, four. XD

Edit: I was ninja'd.. >.<
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 11:31:54 pm by Terra162 »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2015, 10:56:07 pm »

Let's weaponize those undead.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18