Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27

Author Topic: 25th Mech Squad - IC Thread [IN-BETWEEN MISSIONS]  (Read 18310 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: 25th Mech Squad - IC Thread [IN-BETWEEN MISSIONS]
« Reply #375 on: March 27, 2015, 02:50:23 pm »

Lacie looked at the officer for a moment, biting back a retort. Eventually she simply nodded,
"Yes sir" she exited from the gym, catching up with Trevor as she did so. "I'm Lacie, it's nice to meet you"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 27, 2015, 03:10:55 pm »

"See you're one for the gym as well."
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 27, 2015, 09:45:09 pm »

-snip-

"Interesting." Zunino notes all of this down in his notebook, occasionally underlining a particular phase or word that he thinks is important. He keeps up his barrage of questions for Tonya and Sean. "So you both believe that Tonya is a liability to the squad as a whole? Should she be replaced with another pilot at the earliest opportunity then? Or will these disciplinary problems be sorted out in due time? Do you foresee any problems with the 25th that would prevent the squad from performing an offensive mission within..." The Major pauses and flips back through his notebook. Once he finds the information he was looking for, he continues, "three to five days? With support from the 23rd or 24th of course."

-snip-

The man stares off into the distance for several seconds, his cigarette hanging loosely out of his mouth as he thinks. "It sounds like you and your talents are not being appreciated," he eventually says, "And that you are being sent off in the name of honour and glory to die in a foreign land to profit people who don't even care that you exist. Right? As far as they are concerned you're simply another cog in a machine, and just as expendable. They only care about you when you step out of your 'place' and do something that they don't want you to do. Or am I presuming too much?"

-snip-

The officer grumbles underneath his breath about damn pilots thinking that they own everything as he locks up behind Lacie and Trevour. Evidently the hate is mutual.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 27, 2015, 09:56:25 pm »

Tonya shrugs.
"Maybe I am just to hard on my leaders. But Yes, I do feel as though they do not appreciate the things I do. In fact I feel as though people ever really did. I mean, I've demeaned myself posing half naked for the sake of 'recruitment and morale rates', I had to change around my fucking console just to fit in my fucking mech, and you wouldn't believe how many times people have tried to touch my posterior... Not that I mind the last one that much, mostly just sore about guys doing it and then acting like they didn't. I have worked had to maintain this body you know."

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 27, 2015, 10:16:48 pm »

"We should be operational within that time, bar any interference with repairs or requisitions. In my opinion, and considering the circumstance, giving Tonya M. another chance to resolve her disciplinary problems would be the best course of action."
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 08:30:07 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 28, 2015, 08:15:04 am »

Tonya A. nods.

"We'll be ready sir.

Also, off the record, sir? I'd personally request Tonya M's reassignment in any other situation to a less stressful post, but I'm also realist, sir-as strapped as we are for trained pilots, we won't get one with her technological and combat proficiency, which is not insubstantial, barring her discipline problems. Transferring her now would not solve the issue-we'll just have to give her another chance. I know she has the potential to be a good pilot...she just needs to want to be. We'll try to motivate her as best we can, sir."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 28, 2015, 08:53:22 am »

She smiled slightly,
"I am yes, it's good to work stuff out."

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 28, 2015, 12:33:04 pm »

"Like me, then... Well, I have no clue to converse about, I just felt like introducing myself to a fellow squadmate... I guess it's useful to know the people who will be watching your back out there."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 29, 2015, 07:48:03 am »

Lacie nodded,
"It does help" she smiled slightly "I'm not really that good at conversations either."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 31, 2015, 01:12:25 pm »

-snip-

-snip-

Despite Tonya's request to leave things off the record Zunino's aide keeps on typing  away at his typewriter, and the Major makes no moves to stop him. "If you believe that Tonya's disciplinary problems can be resolved then I will trust your judgement and let you resolve them. However if they cannot be resolved within a reasonable time frame then I will have no other choice but to remove her from your squad and replace her with a more competent pilot. Now, do you have any further statements which you wish to give to me or question you want to ask? If not, then return to your duties and ensure your squad is ready for combat within the next couple of days. I will debrief you then about your next offensive."

-snip-

The man says nothing for several moments, but stares off into the distance with his cigarette in hand. After all, what are you supposed to say to a woman who's complaining about people not appreciating her body without sounding like a sleaze bag? Thankfully, before he has to come up with a reply, another man comes walking up to the pair from the gloom of twilight. He's wearing the uniform of a Terralban soldier and is evidently a friend of the man Tonya has been chatting with, for the two share a meaningful nod. "Ah, greetings comrade! I was just here talking with miss...?" The first man gestures towards Tonya with his cigarette, trying to prompt her into giving them her name.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 31, 2015, 01:19:48 pm »

Tonya nods to the new man.
"Tonya. Pleased to meet you."

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 31, 2015, 01:24:59 pm »

"Guess we'll just be mutually bad coversationalists at eachother."
Trevor chuckles.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 31, 2015, 01:25:44 pm »

Iris giggles from behind them.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 31, 2015, 09:59:53 pm »

"Why you just stalking behind, Iris? Get in here!"
Trevor pulls her closer with his arm, doing a friendly grab of the neck with his elbow.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 01, 2015, 08:29:54 am »

"No questions, sir."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27