Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Requesting an (almost) indestructible adventurer.  (Read 4121 times)

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Requesting an (almost) indestructible adventurer.
« on: February 06, 2015, 04:53:04 pm »

I like generating large worlds with really long histories to see what kind of awesome and bizarre stuff I can get.After that,I go Adventure Mode and try to create the best character possible for exploration of said worlds.Unfortunately,my brave explorers always seem to die from the most varied and brutal deaths(falling straight to hell,burned,eaten alive,etc).So I was wondering if anyone has a creature that is very resistant and can climb,run and swim really fast that I can use for exploration?It doesn't need to have combat boosts or be indestructible.
A medium-sized creature prone to madness and insanity.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Requesting an (almost) indestructible adventurer.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 02:16:18 pm »

...there was an editor to change skills and attributes. However, i believe it is not maintained anymore.  :(

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 03:40:57 pm »

I can offer up my iteration of the adamantine colossus. I can't recall who made the first one, but I turned it specifically into an adventurer godmode char.

However! I feel it is my duty to mention that "Requests are generally shunned upon, as simple modifications are easily made."

What you probably want to do is the following:

Create two new text files in raw/objects. Name one of them entity_adventure.txt and the other creature_adventure.txt
From entity_default.txt copy the human entry into the new entity file. Rename it from ENTITY:PLAINS to ENTITY:ADVENTURE, set the CREATURE:HUMAN tag to CREATURE:ADVENTURE and remove the tags that make them be diplomats/anything that might have an effect in worldgen. Set the population tags to 1, hopefully that stops them from spreading around.
For the creature file, copy in the race you want to use from creature_standard. Rename it to CREATURE:ADVENTURE. You might also want to change how it appears in game. As for what tags you want to add, go to the wiki cheating page. That should cover all you need and more. What I've written so far is just so you don't affect the world with the race and have it all easily deletable if you don't like it.

But really, just read the wiki Modding page. It's actually good.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 06:34:27 pm »

I made my collossus from slade which is better for punching then I just gave it 5000 for all its attributes. It was "basically" immortal but I died when I was practicing my swimming and the river froze >:(.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 05:46:57 am »

Making a bronze colossus into steel and human or elf/dorf size gives you an adventurer that can use local gear and is pretty damn tough, making the civ prefer mountains and having a single gender keeps them from taking over everything, and I used them to seed dorf sized steel gear around by giving them the reactions to make it.

Most stuff can just be straight up wrecked with a steel angel, but I have had demons kick my head right off.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 06:04:21 am »

making the civ prefer mountains and having a single gender keeps them from taking over everything

Or you could just not give them biomes/sites and make them INDIV_CONTROLLABLE...

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 06:39:41 am »

I wanted them to make sites and leave steel gear around, as that was the original impetus, and backup plan when I was struggling with getting itemcorpse to work right.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 06:56:25 am »

I-oh you meant modding and such.
Well then that kinda renders my contribution moot.
Anyhow, if you're looking for a normal dwarf that's just really goddamn badass, click the Onol link in my sig. It's from an outdated version, but he's basically unkillable at this point.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 10:19:26 am »

I can offer up my iteration of the adamantine colossus. I can't recall who made the first one, but I turned it specifically into an adventurer godmode char.

However! I feel it is my duty to mention that "Requests are generally shunned upon, as simple modifications are easily made."

What you probably want to do is the following:

Create two new text files in raw/objects. Name one of them entity_adventure.txt and the other creature_adventure.txt
From entity_default.txt copy the human entry into the new entity file. Rename it from ENTITY:PLAINS to ENTITY:ADVENTURE, set the CREATURE:HUMAN tag to CREATURE:ADVENTURE and remove the tags that make them be diplomats/anything that might have an effect in worldgen. Set the population tags to 1, hopefully that stops them from spreading around.
For the creature file, copy in the race you want to use from creature_standard. Rename it to CREATURE:ADVENTURE. You might also want to change how it appears in game. As for what tags you want to add, go to the wiki cheating page. That should cover all you need and more. What I've written so far is just so you don't affect the world with the race and have it all easily deletable if you don't like it.

But really, just read the wiki Modding page. It's actually good.

Thank you

Im going to make some sort of "Mini Armok" that can't get old,never gets hungry and has adamantine skin.That should be enough to prevent it from dying right?I think i'm going to use DFusion's power-up script to give me the skills I need and maybe use the new advfort when it gets polished enough.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 10:21:23 am by King_of_Baboons »

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 11:16:27 am »

I made my collossus from slade which is better for punching then I just gave it 5000 for all its attributes. It was "basically" immortal but I died when I was practicing my swimming and the river froze >:(.
Reminds me of the Slade Colossus in my thread.
Nigh invulnerable - testing shows that basically the only thing that can kill one? Another Slade Colossus. Bronze Colossi don't stand even half a chance.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2015, 11:36:51 am »

I think this guy might suit your purposes.

Spoiler: Avatar of Armok (click to show/hide)

It's humanoid and only dwarf sized (which means it can wear dwarven armor), but is made up almost entirely of slade, except for the parts that are adamantine, specifically, the nails, teeth, eyes, and beard.  So it's got slade density for its punches and kicks, but addy sharpness for scratching and biting.  It's got all the standard megabeast immunities, all max attributes (but no natural skills, so adventurers can actually improve), magma for blood, and can breathe dragonfire for kicks.  Multiple clowns can take it down, and maybe a lucky hit from a titan could injure it, but not much more than that.

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2015, 11:51:48 am »

Oh that's just perfect,fenix

Now all I need is an entity for it

Will this work?

[ENTITY:CHEATER]
   [ADVENTURE_TIER:4]
   [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]
   [CREATURE:ARMOK_AVATAR]
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 12:05:42 pm by King_of_Baboons »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2015, 12:06:39 pm »

Yeah, that should be enough.  I don't think you even need the ADVENTURE_TIER line.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2015, 12:08:44 pm »

You do need [ADVENTURE_TIER:X] with a value that doesn't conflict with other [ADVENTURE_TIER:X] entries in other entities.

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2015, 12:20:25 pm »

The civ is not availble at the menu and the creature cannot be spawned in arena...
Pages: [1] 2