Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27

Author Topic: The Siege of Angazea [7/7] - Back in Black  (Read 35797 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Siege of Angazea [8/8] - Ogryns De-Feeted: 1
« Reply #210 on: February 19, 2015, 07:25:53 am »

'Colonel? I am sorry to bother you, but there is a situation that you should know about. This rivalry with the Tamerians is likely to get out of control if steps are not taken promptly.'

Enter the Colonel's tent. Look around the space to get an idea of the Colonel's habits and personality.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 19, 2015, 10:31:14 am »

"I will give you a chance of explaining yourself before any accusations are pressed." Bartolomeu says calmly, hands on his bolter and sword.

Wait for the man's explanation of what I've found.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 19, 2015, 07:13:46 pm »

Send 2 troopers to the Tamarian camp to enquire after any attached troopers, if they have any ask them to come with them and bring them to me. If not then report back to me.

Send 2 to guard Viverde and observe the colonel then report anything unusual to me. I and the last one guard Denos and observe the captain.
The troopers disperse, setting off at a casual pace. You and another stormtrooper, a short guy with a heavy brow, go to joint Denos and his party.

"I will give you a chance of explaining yourself before any accusations are pressed." Bartolomeu says calmly, hands on his bolter and sword.

Wait for the man's explanation of what I've found.
Terrez sighs. "By your tone I can tell that my suspicions are true. Now, you might not believe me, but I had no other choice.

You see, a Munitorum clerk of some rank to whom I owed a bit of a favor asked me to send some of my men for the box - she told me she was shorthanded, which seems like the truth. But she was awfully suspicious about it, refusing to explain what was in it - especially in light of all that contraband that constantly appears here or there. Now, reporting my suspicions or confronting her directly would have been a grave insult to her if I'd been wrong - she's no Barrablancan, but still. Implicating my troopers in a potentially...unwholesome affair was also out of the question. So I found another way to appease my conscience, at some additional risk - I sent you the note.

The woman is called Yensdottir, Scrivener Yensdottir. What's in the wretched crate, anyway? I'd like to know what got me killed...if it does, of course."

'Colonel? I am sorry to bother you, but there is a situation that you should know about. This rivalry with the Tamerians is likely to get out of control if steps are not taken promptly.'

Enter the Colonel's tent. Look around the space to get an idea of the Colonel's habits and personality.

The tent, though large, has no unnecessary decoration on the outside, not counting the standard. On the inside, there's a broad armaplas table and a bureau. On the table several books are stacked neatly - one is a commentary to the Tactica Imperialis, another a compendium of the poems of Tobias Mar, a Barrablancan priest and conquistador, renowned for his epic Those Who Crossed the Seas, but who also authored a few lesser-known pieces about choice, loss, and inner freedom, grim but at the same time oddly hopeful. There are others, but their spines bear no titles. There is also a luminator and an autoquill in an ornate holder.
In the corner is a cot, on which the colonel's aide and bodyguard sits polishing his hellgun's scope. The far side of the tent is concealed from sight by a folding screen, from behind which the colonel himself emerges to meet you.

He was probably impressively tall before his legs were replaced by slender double-jointed prosthetics, but now he's almost inhumanly so. He wears the same uniform as any other Barranlancan trooper, except that his brass breastplate is chased with intricate dark patterns. At his belt hangs a slim pistol with a long barrel and wooden grips, and a rapier with a plain hilt that almost certainly conceals a powerfield generator. His head is shaven bald, and he has a luxuriant brown mustache and beard. His eyes are dark green, sitting deep in their sockets below an impressive set of eyebrows. When he speaks, his voice is deep and resonant.

"Ah, commissar Viverde. Has something entirely out of the ordinary happened? If so, I shudder to think what, considering the other fine examples of their soldierly conduct I always read about in your reports. I hope nothing is on fire yet?"

A stormtrooper peeks into the tent behind you, then disappears.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 19, 2015, 07:20:18 pm »

" Would you happen to know her current location? "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 19, 2015, 07:48:34 pm »

Marn, seeing as he has yet to receive an order, starts slinking off back in the direction of the chimera.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 19, 2015, 08:06:33 pm »

"...welp. I'm gonna go find Commissar Denos."
Shrugging off the strange incident with the priest, Amalia wandered off in search of the Lieutenant-Commissar. It... was sort of her duty to serve him, what with being in his squad and all. And she was going to fulfill her duty as a Conquistador!
Find Commissar Denos.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 19, 2015, 11:32:17 pm »

Bartolomeu isn't so easily swayed by words, of course, but he is reasonable enough to seek the truth and won't ventilate skulls unless their owners are proven heretics. "It is amasec. Most of them look the same, except for one..." he then stopped for a moment and directed his voice towards Marn, glancing at the man. "Trooper, run a scan on the unique bottle just to be sure it is only amasec."

"Captain Terrez, I would believe your story far less if I did not consider your intellect above making such a terrible mistake were you actually trying to get away with contraband. You do understand I still have to investigate this further, correct? Now, what more can you tell me? Did she mention whether she was contacting someone or make any mention to names? And why exactly did you own her a favor?"

Talk.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 20, 2015, 01:29:48 am »

So I can't look at her chest now. Oh well.

Emil follows along since there is literally nothing better to do. The fact that he is walking about two metres behind Amalia has absolutely no significance whatsoever.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 20, 2015, 04:32:29 am »

Motion the trooper with me to go find somebody to run the scan then bring me the results.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 03:06:13 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 22, 2015, 07:36:12 pm »

Bartolomeu isn't so easily swayed by words, of course, but he is reasonable enough to seek the truth and won't ventilate skulls unless their owners are proven heretics. "It is amasec. Most of them look the same, except for one..." he then stopped for a moment and directed his voice towards Marn, glancing at the man. "Trooper, run a scan on the unique bottle just to be sure it is only amasec."

"Captain Terrez, I would believe your story far less if I did not consider your intellect above making such a terrible mistake were you actually trying to get away with contraband. You do understand I still have to investigate this further, correct? Now, what more can you tell me? Did she mention whether she was contacting someone or make any mention to names? And why exactly did you own her a favor?"

Talk.

"She said it was a Munitorum affair, something about a transfer of materiel from another storage bay... Sounded sketchy. As to why I owed her a favor...Well. It's not like a favor, strictly speaking, she just thought she could ask me because we're... very good friends. Er. I mean, we found each other to be very agreeable company, what with the stress and all."
He colors slightly.
"So I didn't think much of it when she asked me, but I got suspicious once I thought about it."

You would order Marn to take the scan, but he's nowhere to be found. Amalia and Emil have rejoined you, though. Gant and the other stormtrooper have stalked off somewhere and returned with a woman who is apparently a tech.

Motion the trooper with me to go find somebody to run the scan then bring me the results.
A run back to the bar and a shout of "Anybody here an auspex jockey?!" produces a mousy-looking woman whose mental state is somewhere in the vicinity of sobriety. You usher her gently towards the box, and she starts to fiddle with her auspex, which declares the bottle successively a Tyranid lifeform, lethally radioactive, a local gravity distortion point, and 96‰ chemically-impossible acetone derivative
, before tentatively pegging the contents as 33‰ ethanol, 62‰ water, and 5‰ various complex sugars.

" Would you happen to know her current location? "

"In the Munitorum station in the far end of the hangar, probably."

"...welp. I'm gonna go find Commissar Denos."
Shrugging off the strange incident with the priest, Amalia wandered off in search of the Lieutenant-Commissar. It... was sort of her duty to serve him, what with being in his squad and all. And she was going to fulfill her duty as a Conquistador!
Find Commissar Denos.
Closely followed by the priest, you make your way in the direction the commissar departed, and quickly find him talking to a man with a stache like a grox brush and a captain's rank insignia.

Marn, seeing as he has yet to receive an order, starts slinking off back in the direction of the chimera.
Sneaking off while Denos is talking proves to be super easy. Quite soon you're at the hangar again. The Chimera is where it was. However, as you lean to inspect a scratch on the paintjob, a lasbolt slams into your backplate, which holds, fortunately for you. A quick glance reveals yet another Tamerian trooper with a lascarbine, two of his friends hurrying behind him. The lead trooper is about 40 meters away. You haven't seen those three yet, but they look pissed.

"IT WAS YEW FRAKKAS DAT KILLED TOMARD, EH?"

Oh. That explains it.

Marn: roll Initiative.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 22, 2015, 09:29:59 pm »

" Results are in sir, would you like me to apprehend her for questioning sir? She may try to flee or cover her tracks once she realizes her plan has failed. "
Caine's law.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 22, 2015, 10:08:16 pm »

1d10+3=6

Marn, seeing what was behind him, panics slightly, and proceeds to attempt entry into the chimera as fast as possible, all the while yelling for Poise to get on the gun.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 23, 2015, 02:49:42 am »

((A brief reminder: Diego is hanging around Denos with Maria beside him, being silent, and they can be ordered around too.))
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 02:51:20 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 23, 2015, 09:36:27 am »

Viverde studied the books and items on display for a moment before making a precise salute. The Colonel was surely one of the finest servants of the Emperor and the people of Barrablanca in the regiment. He smiled at the Colonel's question.

'Fortunately not, sir, but there has been an incident. Or a series of incidents. Commissar Denos and I are still investigating into how this began. It appears, however, that at least one of our men might have been killed by a Tamerian. Said Tamerians were looking to take back something 'owed' to them from a storage area. I discovered this investigating the disappearance of three troopers. Commissar Denos investigated some... well, he discovered contraband amasec being smuggled to one of our officers, with a number of Tamerians involved,' he said. 'We intend to deal with this matter together with the Tamerian Commissars, as an inter-regimental disciplinary action. If word got out that they've killed one of ours... this could escalate into a blood feud. Though they are... less honorable, perhaps, all servants of the Emperor must work together.'

'The murderers will be found and punished, Colonel. As well as any behavior unbecoming of a Guardsman we might discover in our own ranks.'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 23, 2015, 12:40:59 pm »

" Results are in sir, would you like me to apprehend her for questioning sir? She may try to flee or cover her tracks once she realizes her plan has failed. "

"No. This is not how things work. Having someone watch her for the moment is preferable." he replies before turning to Terrez. "Please be clearer, Captain. Is she a good friend of yours or have you just been fraternizing a bit too directly? And do you have any idea of any officer that may be involved in contraband? The sergeant who seems to be the clerk's contact over the other regiment specified that the person who had requested the contraband held the rank of captain and was from the Barrablancans."

Bartolomeu glances back at Diego as he notices Marn's absence. "...Where is trooper Marn? Find him before I am overtaken by urges of making him into a living dummy for the regiment's target practice."

Talk. Visually scan the tent for any signs of amasec bottles or similar clues of illegal dealings.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27