Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: (SG) Gremlin - Stranded  (Read 3980 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
(SG) Gremlin - Stranded
« on: January 28, 2015, 07:58:04 pm »

The mission itself went according to plan. You and your gang sabotaged the human steam cannons at Ft. Greenglen, avoided the guards, and slipped into the shipping containers provided by your shady employer, which you were told would deliver you back to the village near your home den. Sadly, it seems as if there has been some mistake, else you have been doublecrossed - The trip has taken way too long; The only reason you survived it was because you packed yourself in with the gang's food and water stores.

After several hours of stillness and silence, you pry open the box you are in and stumble out into a dimly lit warehouse. You see no guards, and many boxes. The air is a bit stale, but seeing as you have spent weeks traveling in a box with your own biological waste, it is sweet nonetheless. You shake the cobwebs and take inventory of yourself and your situation. You are a gremlin, a small and ugly relative of the gnome with a great talent for and compulsion towards sabotaging the handiwork of others. Aside from the shit-smeared cloak on your back, which allows you pass as a rather deformed halfling or gnome in a pinch, your dwindling reserves of food and water, and your basic toolbox, you have only one item of note to your name.

Pick a Starting Item:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...Your present situation is an interesting and potentially dangerous one. You are in a warehouse full of lootable boxes, but you have no clue how long you are going to be alone with them for. There are several windows you can climb to, made out of warm colored gems or stained glass, as well as a door which you expect to be guarded. You are also limited by the fact that as a small creature with limited toolbox room, you cannot carry much treasure away.

As for the boxes themselves, you spot several small and almost square shaped plywood boxes that do not appear to be unlocked, and that you could easily smash open anyhow. There are also a handful of deadbolted thick wood boxes that you could get into, either via lockpicking or brute force, with enough time. Lastly are the supposedly empty shipping crates from the front line that you came in. They are unlocked, and you suspect that you will find the dehydrated remains of your gang -as well as their gear- inside several of them, but there are a good three dozen of the things so sorting through them might take some time. You will also draw attention to the fact that there is now a gremlin presence in the area if you leave a bunch of Gremlin Corpses strewn about - it might be best to give yourself a head start; The corpses, if left undisturbed, won't be discovered until the locals decide to load the empty crates back up at some (hopefully distant) point in the future.

What is your starting item, and what do you do?

...Oh. And you also have a name. What is it?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Gremlin - Stranded
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 08:06:00 pm »

Slag Squirrel

We are Grikxtnak

Loot our fallen Gremlin brother's toolboxes
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 08:20:01 pm »

Unsubtle Saboteur kit; Because let's be honest, it's better when things don't just go wrong but horrifically wrong for whomever we're targeting.

Now, action-wise. We'd be safe to assume that the stained glass or gem windows are indicative or either a wealthy landowner, or a religious building of some kind. Would be worth looking out to check here we are before jumping out. As for looting, we'd probably want to grab something more valuable as opposed to more mundane things, which means leaving the rest of the gang's bodies sealed up (Though presumably it's best to leave those ones closed to keep the smell in them.)

Open one of the small thin boxes out of curiousity.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 08:33:07 pm »

Slag Squirrel

We are Grikxtnak

+1.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 09:12:03 pm »

Unsubtle Saboteur kit; Because let's be honest, it's better when things don't just go wrong but horrifically wrong for whomever we're targeting.

Now, action-wise. We'd be safe to assume that the stained glass or gem windows are indicative or either a wealthy landowner, or a religious building of some kind. Would be worth looking out to check here we are before jumping out. As for looting, we'd probably want to grab something more valuable as opposed to more mundane things, which means leaving the rest of the gang's bodies sealed up (Though presumably it's best to leave those ones closed to keep the smell in them.)

+1
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 09:23:13 pm »

+1
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 09:28:38 pm »

Slag Squirrel

We are Grikxtnak

+1.
+1
Max avatar size is 80x80

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 12:59:14 am »

Whelp. I want to get this started before I crash, and we have a tie... to Random.org!

...And we are starting with the Slag Squirrel and Corpse Looting. I actually started writing that update awhile ago before things got tied up, so I should post pretty soon.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 02:34:49 am »

Slag Squirrel

We are Grikxtnak

Searching for corpses is easy when you have a pet with a good nose. You instruct the slag squirrel to point out particularly corpsish smelling boxes, and then begin the grim task of cataloging the corpses of your friends, kin, and belongings. It is distressing work, not even a gremlin particularly cares for the death and decay of those he is close to, and the bodies reek worse than your own shit smeared crate to boot. Still, the labor bears fruit, and much of their gear is ripe for the taking.

Belongings of Srinx, Your Elder Brother and Gang Leader:
Belongings of Varmit, Your Friend and Gang Tinker:
Belongings of Ingrinip, Your Sister-in-Law and Gang Thug:
Belongings of Skrimplin, Your Mentor and Gang Scrapdruid:
Belongings of Talshorx, Your Only Daughter and Gang Sneak:

By the time you are finished searching the boxes you are a bit numb. Perhaps the reality of the loss hasn't struck you yet, or perhaps you in in pure survival mode. As you hear no voices and identify no immediate threat of discovery, you decide to take a few minutes and come to a better understanding of your surroundings; The building is indeed shaped like a church, as the stained glass suggests it might be, but it has been long stripped of its other holy trappings. You see indents on the floor where the altar and seating may have once been, but it is clear that the place in which you stand is indeed a warehouse, and nothing more.

You give the windows a more in-depth examination. They are made of some red decorative gem, and engraved to depict several prominent scenes from The Epic of Queen Tholtig, a well known story from Dwarven myth and Theology. Outside the window is a pitch blackness interupted only by light from several large glowing mushrooms and the windows of other buildings. You are underground. Great.

You return to the loot and decide what to take, as well as plot your next action...

Grikxtnak, First Lieutenant and Sole Survivor of the Bloodcog Gang:

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 02:15:21 pm »

I'm just gonna bump this...

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2015, 02:44:25 pm »

Take the coinpurse, one healing potion, the voodoo powder pack and mummified dove corpse. Reseal the dead gremlins in the crates they died in, as both a sort of burial and to conceal them from being found. Send the slag squirrel to scout outside for anything potentially hostile.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2015, 05:12:51 pm »

Take the coinpurse, one healing potion, the voodoo powder pack and mummified dove corpse. Reseal the dead gremlins in the crates they died in, as both a sort of burial and to conceal them from being found. Send the slag squirrel to scout outside for anything potentially hostile.

+1 I see nothing wrong with this. XD

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2015, 05:15:36 pm »

+1 I see nothing wrong with this. XD
+1

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2015, 05:19:22 pm »

I'm sorta wondering why they just sat in the crates and died.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2015, 05:25:15 pm »

I'm sorta wondering why they just sat in the crates and died.

It must have been boring outside obviously!
Pages: [1] 2 3