Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Let's Write a Story! [Collaborative Story]  (Read 4337 times)

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Write a Story
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2015, 12:23:47 am »

A small mouth appeared in the corner of the tome, grinning wide and toothy. "Ey boss! We goin out somewhere? Man it's been so long since we've been out... My pages are WAY too dusty." The necromancer shook his head, a little annoyed that he had forgotten about this. His tome, The All Knowing Almanac, had been a steal for the price, but only because the last owner had sealed his assistant into the book and locked away half the pages. He DID, however, burn quite nicely when he couldn't undo the spell. So now the Necromancer was stuck with a smartass book that was prone to whistle at passing women and get HIM into trouble.

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2015, 12:26:30 am »

He quickly started to go down his tower's stars. While going down, the tome asked him "Why won't you tell me where we'a going?" upon hearing this, he tripped over a few skeleton bones, left over from his last summoning, and started to tumble down the stair case, dropping the parchment and the tome.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2015, 12:28:23 am »

Meanwhile, on a hillside of parched grass, a sorceress stood on her stone porch carved into the hillside, watching the statues water the flowers. As a bird flew past one of the flowers, the petals reached out and ensnared it. She squinted: it looked like someone was coming up the road at the bottom of the hill... holding something to their head? She couldn't be sure, and went to go get her spyglass from the study.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2015, 03:02:47 am »

She retrieved her spyglass - it was an exquisite creation, made from a single piece of Dwarven mithril, it could see for leagues - and returned to her porch. She looked through the glass and saw a tall, dark man with an extremely manly beard. She groaned, it was her pain of an ex-husband.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2015, 03:53:05 am »

Seeing his ex-wife, the man started walking in a fast, business-like matter towards her. He promptly tripped over a stone and landed on his face.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2015, 09:27:27 am »

"Oi boss! Watch yer step there buddy! Har har har!" The necromancer picked himself up more bedraggled than he was before and made a note to look into ways of making a tome feel pain.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2015, 12:01:01 pm »

She sighed. "Better go bring him up," she said to one of the statues watering the garden. It set down its can and marched down the hill, scooping up the fallen man and carrying him somewhat indignantly back up.

As the statue reached the veranda, carrying him, she folded her arms. "After two hundred years... wait, why were you holding that ice to your head?"

"...stairs... ouch..." he groaned.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2015, 12:57:29 pm »

The Golem Articifer continued to stare indignantly at her ex-husband. In his old wrinkly form, he could see whispers of the young man she used to love and remembered those exalted nights along the Andolesian shoreline. They were good memories.
BIRDS.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2015, 02:12:09 pm »

"Always the clumsy one," she said, and snapped her fingers for one of the silver figurines on the shelf behind her to go put on a pot of tea. "So, why have you come here?"

The statue sets him down over the railing, putting him on the porch before her. Through the throbbing in his bruised head, he watched one of her flowers devour a bird. He never did like those, but she was always so fond of them...

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2015, 02:28:49 pm »

"Ah, well... You know, I was doing important research... about absolute world domination, you know my hobby. And more I progressed more I found myself thinking other things... Things of past... until I just couldn't focus any more. So I left on walk to clear my head and... " Old necromancer says, his voice trailing off. Those acting lessons he took long time ago were finally paying off.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2015, 03:02:08 pm »

The Necromancer trails off at the sight of his ex-wife's glare. He shuddered for a moment, nobody could glare like her. All was silent for a moment as the Necromancer wilted under her gaze and then, "I told you not to get those acting classes." the Sorceress said.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2015, 03:21:03 pm »

It was fortunate that at that very moment, a deafening roar shook the countryside and broke the trance between the two characters as they quickly turned east to find where the sound had come from. Each character had their own theory.

The necromancer thought it had come from FireJewel, a menacing volcano in the distance.

The Sorceress was certain it came from DeathGate, the dwarven mountainhome. Perhaps a fearsome beast was rampaging.

The tome said out loud "Oi, boss, give me a warning before yer let on of them loose again, phew."
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2015, 03:29:06 pm »

But to two such powerful people, such events were an everyday annoyance. "Well, you'd better come in before the fallout starts raining down." They enter the lair from the porchside door and sit down at the obsidian table. "Why are you really here?" she asks, as a piece of something blackened falls out of the sky and clatters on the porch outside.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2015, 04:16:01 pm »

He replied as simply as he could.

"my dear, you know it as much as I do, we have to stop the goblin hoard from overrunning the world. Lest Armok get bored with this world and destroy it along with everything in, including us."

She replied, with growing impatience.

"You know I can never betray that demon commanding the hoard. For he alone knows my weakness and will destroy me if I do."
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2015, 04:25:52 pm »

The necromancer contemplated the little game they were playing. Wait. Hadn't they have solved the issue with the hoard already? He couldn't remember if he had actually conquered the hoard or not. The old man frowned, having felt like he had this conversation before. Years ago. His old age was beginning to get to him. Though he could extend his life through necromancy, he was on occasion to moments of fancy. Today he was here for different reason. He was here for the book on the different planes. Yes! That's right.

As he gripped the ice evermore tighter to his rock hard skull, he contemplated. His undying hoards of undead had a great hungering for flesh that this world could no longer satisfy. They have stripped the pastures of his local mountain ranges clean of dwarfs ages ago and now humans and elves were becoming too costly of prey. To put it simply, he raised too many undead things and needed to find new lands for them to feast where they wouldn't just keep dying repeatedly. But he couldn't explain that to her. Ohoho. No. The necromancer knew just how much his ex-wife loved to rant about the "proposed" superiority of golem-craft over necromancy and he refused to give her any ammunition to make her silly case. The undead are clearly found to be superior than golems after weighing all of the pros and cons. They were cheap, expendable, and altogether better company than her petty and creepy machinations. Heavens forbid she ever admit that though. She worked hard on getting the knowledge necessary.
BIRDS.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4