Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 98

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. OOC Thread. [Ended]  (Read 99728 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. OOC Thread. We're back!
« Reply #1290 on: August 25, 2016, 07:40:55 am »

Would that happen to mean I can make a character? I *did* post interest a while ago. If not that's fine, I understand not wanting to have too many.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: August 25, 2016, 01:20:29 pm »

Let me shoot Tawa a message first.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: August 25, 2016, 01:41:09 pm »

I'm not really feeling it with my character anymore. To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure what'ss happening, who the villains are, or what our motives are, and I feel like a stranger when paired with the closely-knit group you've had going until now. I think I'll drop out.

Sorry about that :v
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: August 25, 2016, 01:48:29 pm »

:(

I'm sorry to hear that. Thank you for playing!

Looks like you're up, Twinwolf.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: August 25, 2016, 01:49:53 pm »

Alright. I'd like to help the party, what roles are missing?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: August 25, 2016, 01:57:56 pm »

I think you can safely play whatever you want and it'll turn out well.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: August 25, 2016, 02:08:11 pm »

Alright then, will do Rogue probably. Anything specific for character creation I should keep in mind?
Sigtext!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: August 25, 2016, 02:10:12 pm »

Level 4, roll 4d6, drop lowest, please screenshot rolls.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: August 25, 2016, 02:12:11 pm »

I'm not really feeling it with my character anymore. To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure what'ss happening, who the villains are, or what our motives are, and I feel like a stranger when paired with the closely-knit group you've had going until now. I think I'll drop out.

Sorry about that :v

Well, I did try my best to bring you into the party, but it seems you never really clicked with us, much like Pencil Art-it has to be on both sides of the fence. It can't just be me starting conversations with people, they have to start their own. I did try to explain whatever you needed (in character even) to help you get into the game more...

It should be noted, the rest of us players also don't know much about our motives/what's happening/who's the real villains. We're segueing from the chapter 1 (All we've done so far is alot of fighting, pretty much) into the meat of the story, I would hope. The plot really hasn't been revealed to us in much detail, and frankly I'm not exactly sure what we're supposed to be doing as of right now or in the direct future.

Johanna for example, is apparently becoming a illusionary fashion designer!

All that being said, I know better than to try to talk somebody into doing something they clearly have no passion for. If that is your final decision, then it's too bad things didn't work out. No hard feelings.

At least we got Twinwolf now. Who will no doubt play an Elven character (probably a rogue), get bored, forget to post, then drop out. :V

LIKE ALL THE REST OF THEM.

Except for Adrik *Fist-bump*

Alright. I'd like to help the party, what roles are missing?

We're pretty even right now.

2xMelee
2xRanged
~
2xTanky heroes
2xSquish
~
1xHealer
1xFighter
2xDamage Dealers
~
1xCleric
1xFighter
1xSorcerer
1xWizard

Note, if you take a look at the 'dropped out' list, you'll see what happens when you just choose a class/race to 'fill in a slot'. I heartily suggest you take whatever class/race you really want to play, as opposed to what you think we need . You can't make a wrong choice, we have all the staples already.

Tldr, Don't play a rogue because you think need one, play one because YOU want to play one.

My Dwarven wizard is totally non-meta for example, (I'd be better as an Elf!), but I am having a ton of fun playing her. I didn't pick her to fill in the 'wizard' slot, I picked her because I like playing as Dwarves and spellcasting is fun.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 02:14:34 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: August 25, 2016, 02:20:11 pm »

Is there a website with proof of rolls? I'm not entirely sure how to screenshot.
Sigtext!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: August 25, 2016, 02:36:30 pm »

-snip-
My issue wasn't so much that I didn't want to talk to the party and integrate myself; rather, I made a really weird character who didn't fit in at all. I ended up dropping in at an inopportune moment (i.e. in the middle of a fight, immediately after which the GM disappears for a few months) to play a guy who speaks in a variably old-timey way as it amuses me. I had no reason to tag along with you, I have literally no idea what is happening, and quite frankly I got tired of the guy after the initial novelty.

That said, MNII, can you put me at the bottom of the waitlist, in case you exhaust everyone else there or they don't show up when a new player is needed? I'd love to step back in someday with a better-thought-out character and better timing.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: August 25, 2016, 11:54:50 pm »

The plot really hasn't been revealed to us in much detail, and frankly I'm not exactly sure what we're supposed to be doing as of right now or in the direct future.
Sorry about this, I should have been more clear. Since I'm not far off from revealing it IC, I'll hold off, unless you'd like to know now, which is also totally fine.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: August 26, 2016, 08:08:04 am »

The plot really hasn't been revealed to us in much detail, and frankly I'm not exactly sure what we're supposed to be doing as of right now or in the direct future.
Sorry about this, I should have been more clear. Since I'm not far off from revealing it IC, I'll hold off, unless you'd like to know now, which is also totally fine.

IMO, reveal plot details in game or not at all :P And you haven't had much a chance yet to give us the 'scoop' anyway, so no big.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: August 27, 2016, 12:57:58 pm »

Is there a website with proof of rolls? I'm not entirely sure how to screenshot.

Could use this. It saves all rolls in a public log (so no cheating)

orokos.com

Also, I'm gonna work on a synopsis of game events for all that is happened so far. Should help Twinwolf get into the game, or whoever else comes.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: August 27, 2016, 03:15:29 pm »

Initiate Johanna's Report to the Lords Alliance

In this report, I've taken it upon myself to put forward a written record of my recent adventures in Greenest and the area beyond. I feel events so far have become important enough-with some potentially far reaching implications-that I should shed light on what has gone on, from a first hand perspective. Who better to tell the story, than someone who has smelled the smoke of a burning town?

Spoiler: Prologue (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ch.1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ch.2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ch.3 (click to show/hide)

*Crack*

Johanna frowned. Her magic quill had broken...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 03:19:58 pm by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 98