Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 98

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. OOC Thread. [Ended]  (Read 99589 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. OOC Thread.
« Reply #1050 on: January 19, 2016, 07:38:42 pm »

We didn't get nearly defeated by anyone. Yet. :P

Our closest call was running the entire first part of the module without resting. I wonder if the GM rewarded us for that...

Also, MNII ran your character by us, and we all accepted you-with some argument on the face, that an anti social demon worshiping (tho also clueless to the fact) character will have to go through some personal growth, before he really becomes a member of the party. I was mostly worried you were going to try and slaughter us all by headfaking the alignment on your character sheet...I HOPE you have a plan for that, anyway...

Anyway, get thee to your convenient Kobold cage, and prepare to be rescued.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: January 19, 2016, 07:59:15 pm »

Also, MNII ran your character by us, and we all accepted you-with some argument on the face, that an anti social demon worshiping (tho also clueless to the fact) character will have to go through some personal growth, before he really becomes a member of the party.
Perhaps I didn't write down precisely what I had in mind; the idea is that he's very friendly, just very socially awkward due to his isolation from normal social customs; of course, he's irritated by the idea of what he sees as 'false gods', but he'll come to terms with this quickly enough due to the traditional pervasive polytheism of D&D. In any case, I intend for him to discover what he actually signed up for at his initiation either roughly halfway through the campaign or toward the endgame and have him develop by trying to come to terms with this.
I was mostly worried you were going to try and slaughter us all by headfaking the alignment on your character sheet...I HOPE you have a plan for that, anyway...
o_o I didn't have anything like this in mind. I mostly wanted to play a well-meaning and deeply religious character with a twist, and it kind of snowballed from there into Cian, since you guys already had a cleric and I've always wanted to play a warlock.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: January 19, 2016, 08:04:27 pm »

Hee.
Here goes.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: January 19, 2016, 10:25:03 pm »

Yeah we were kinda bad about taking breaks. I think we're better at that now, so Arwen didn't go into the OBVIOUS BOSS ENCOUNTER with like 10 health.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: January 22, 2016, 12:15:23 pm »

@ MNII: And, then I remembered Dwarves have **Darkvision**.

Darkvision
Accustomed to life underground, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

I won't ask for a turn redo because I forgot as well, but I don't think I should get a disadvantage on my roll in the future, unless the rock thing is more than 60ft away. Let's blame it on the fact that Johanna isn't really an underground sort of Dwarf, her Darkvision must be spotty...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: January 22, 2016, 12:16:38 pm »

Aaaand HEY!
I have Darkvision too!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: January 22, 2016, 12:29:15 pm »

We've all got darkvision!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: January 22, 2016, 12:36:39 pm »

Except Arwen.
Sigtext

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: January 22, 2016, 04:06:03 pm »

And Mirella.  So really, everyone except we humies.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: January 25, 2016, 06:08:28 am »

Sorry about no update.
Update will come Tuesday?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: January 27, 2016, 01:25:01 am »

I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to update next. Midterms are bearing down on me. Sorry!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: January 27, 2016, 01:26:56 am »

Oof.  Good luck.  Do well.  Don't roll any critical failures on your Knowledge checks.
Sigtext

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: January 27, 2016, 01:28:45 am »

If I study hard, I should get advantage. :P

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: January 28, 2016, 06:11:20 pm »

I put up the OP 368 days ago
well shit
Update tonight, then.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: January 28, 2016, 06:29:04 pm »

Happy belated birthday, thread!
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 98