Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 98

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. OOC Thread. [Ended]  (Read 99591 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. OOC Thread.
« Reply #1065 on: January 28, 2016, 10:16:21 pm »

@ MNII: And, then I remembered Dwarves have **Darkvision**.

Darkvision
Accustomed to life underground, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

I won't ask for a turn redo because I forgot as well, but I don't think I should get a disadvantage on my roll in the future, unless the rock thing is more than 60ft away. Let's blame it on the fact that Johanna isn't really an underground sort of Dwarf, her Darkvision must be spotty...
I've been taking Darkvision into account, actually. It's the second darkest shade of grey, the one around the edges of Arwen's light.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: January 28, 2016, 10:18:41 pm »

So...Er.  Maybe you could make a key?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: January 28, 2016, 10:28:50 pm »

Fair point. Consider it done.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: January 28, 2016, 10:31:59 pm »

So, what's medium gray?  I don't see it on the key...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: January 28, 2016, 10:49:31 pm »

I'm not sure what you're referring to. Everything's there.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: January 28, 2016, 11:08:58 pm »

It is now, I guess it wasn't when I looked.
Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: January 29, 2016, 11:06:59 am »

Humm. A great time to blow my knowledge check...I feel like I have to cheese the encounter a bit to make this next action work, but I'd rather not have Mirella die...either way I feel sort of scummy...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: January 29, 2016, 11:08:17 am »

Ask for a second knowledge check with advantage due to knowing the creature is a Roper? :P

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: January 29, 2016, 11:24:10 am »

I might, if I didn't know it could probably cripple or kill you in one hit.

This is the sort of encounter not unlike the Dragon we faced in the first module-it beats you down until the GM decides you've 'had enough', or you know a specific thing (ropers can be spoken to and they can understand you/speak back or the Dragon just doesn't care enough to stick around) which is the key to passing it.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: January 29, 2016, 02:54:56 pm »

... So I should start yelling at it in Draconic?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: February 04, 2016, 04:03:23 am »

Well, the IC thread went up just over a year ago now, and I wanted to say a few things:

Thank you to everyone who's stayed with me for the past 12 months, and thank you still to those who come and go. Every time I checked my Updated Topics and saw an unread reply, I got a little smile on my face. Whenever I saw that someone pulled some crazy, badass stunt, I'd get a crazy, excited look in my eye. I always read your long, RP filled posts, at least twice, and enjoyed it all. This game's slowly become part of my life and I'm glad I could keep this up for so long.
I hope you've enjoyed it a fraction as much as I have.

Here's to another year!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: February 04, 2016, 05:36:50 am »

Well, the IC thread went up just over a year ago now, and I wanted to say a few things:

Thank you to everyone who's stayed with me for the past 12 months, and thank you still to those who come and go. Every time I checked my Updated Topics and saw an unread reply, I got a little smile on my face. Whenever I saw that someone pulled some crazy, badass stunt, I'd get a crazy, excited look in my eye. I always read your long, RP filled posts, at least twice, and enjoyed it all. This game's slowly become part of my life and I'm glad I could keep this up for so long.
I hope you've enjoyed it a fraction as much as I have.

Here's to another year!
Huzzah!
Now what about the IC?
Sigtext

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: February 04, 2016, 12:34:52 pm »

I have two midterms tomorrow, so I'm going to pretend to study for them.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: February 04, 2016, 12:57:42 pm »

It's hard to imagine we have been playing an entire year. At some point this game literally just become part of the soundtrack of my life. :P I can say I've enjoyed it alot too. I hope I have not been too annoying is a player...

Glad to hear your enthusiasm isn't dying. That kills far more games than party kills!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: February 04, 2016, 07:27:36 pm »

Sorry I didn't post it explicitly, but I'm reserving my action until I can see the consequences of the other actions.  If I can get diplomacied or smacked out of this tendril, it'd be rather nice, but I'm not going to rely on it. ^_^
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 98