Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Ragnarok: Son of Fenrir (TSG)  (Read 5403 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Ragnarok: Son of Fenrir (TSG)
« on: January 24, 2015, 12:01:57 am »

Lore/Fluff and Basic Knowledge:

Spoiler: Setting and Data (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Life (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rogue and Corrupt Data (click to show/hide)

Will add more later.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 10:12:09 pm by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Re: Ragnarok: Son of Fenrir (TSG)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 12:50:15 am »

Wow, this looks fun. I'll take this one on!

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

How's that? I'm aiming for a build that is as tough to kill as possible, especially when in Wolf form. He shall rely on his size and endurance to hold the attention of enemies, and run them down until they collapse of exhaustion. He shall never relent in his pursuit.

Also, one thing... Wolf intelligence goes to 0 when transformed? WTF? Wolves are some of the smartest animals around, man. You telling me we are reduced to dumb animals when we go werewolf?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 09:48:30 pm by Xvareon »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 12:59:22 am »

Really Cheese.

Wolves are candidates for being marked sapient should they evolve enough/they turn out to be in the next two centuries. Currently they're ranked onpar with Dolphins, Octopi, and Ravens as some of the smartest animals around.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 01:21:11 am »

Also, Cheese, may I suggest another perk?

Killing Intent / Aura of Dread
Allows you to consciously affect nearby beings with sheer force of will, injecting fear and dread into their hearts. The affect is more pronounced if the user has high Charisma, is close to or has made eye contact with a target being, and/or is in wolf form. The effect can range from simply causing enemies to have penalties in combat to outright causing lesser beings to simply panic and run from you; those affected by it must roll against your Charisma to reduce or eliminate the effect. The downside is that most transmundane entities (like Gods) can "smell" this distinctive aura of fear, making you far easier to detect. Essentially, it gives you great bonuses against humans and other lower beings, but doesn't do much to Gods except make them far more likely to notice and target you.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 01:24:09 am by Xvareon »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 01:23:33 am »

I feel like the pack master perk could be super super useful.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 01:29:14 am »

I didn't mean you become stupid because you're a wolf. You become stupid because you literally turn into a berserk cannibal God with no sense of reason or compassion.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 01:39:51 am »

Thaaaaat makes more sense.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 01:41:38 am »

Oookay... wow. Niiice. xD  Thanks for clearing that one up for us, Cheese. Anyway, what do you think of my perk idea? Also, under what circumstances are we allowed to go to Wolf form? Can we do it anytime we want, or only at night, or what? Do we have to wait a certain amount of time before we can do it again?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 01:42:41 am »

I didn't mean you become stupid because you're a wolf. You become stupid because you literally turn into a berserk cannibal God with no sense of reason or compassion.
Does Sly Wolf still work in Wolf form?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015, 02:24:00 am »

Oookay... wow. Niiice. xD  Thanks for clearing that one up for us, Cheese. Anyway, what do you think of my perk idea? Also, under what circumstances are we allowed to go to Wolf form? Can we do it anytime we want, or only at night, or what? Do we have to wait a certain amount of time before we can do it again?

1. For the perk idea, you kinda already have that :p Random peasants are bound to run away from you, and lesser mooks might run when their leaders are defeated. Gods can also detect you when you get close enough, since you're a god yourself.

2. You can go into wolf form during the full moon, so being prepared in normal form doesn't hurt. I have a plan for something that allows you to change at will...for a price.

3. Just wait until the next full moon. You don't have control when you change at first, and you can't change until it's day again.

Does Sly Wolf still work in Wolf form?

Nope. You have 0 charisma anyways, so any kind of persuasion would auto-fail.
Dying of laughter?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2015, 02:31:52 am »

Name: V-21-KAL-789 The God Hunter
Background: Raise in a communal center and educated solely for the job of working in a lumber mill.  He was beaten and despised as the lowest in rank in his work group to relieve stress from the other workers, though he had one friend and enjoyed the off work worship ceremonies.  The candy tasted nice.
Appearance: Dark skin, tall and stocky, blue eyes, shaggy light brown hair.  High cheekbones and large eyes, several small scars and wrinkles from the hard work and hard life.  Currently wearing a (stolen?) working class blue uniform.

Wolf form is white fur with small bony pitch-black spines on the body, 4 red eyes.

Strength: 10
Perception: 12
Endurance: 12
Charisma: 8
Intelligence: 8
Agility: 10
Luck: 5

Regeneration
VALHALLA Implants

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2015, 02:45:19 am »

Can we get more traits later?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2015, 02:58:07 am »

If you get regeneration I doubt you need that much endurance.

My character is aimed at having just awakened and broken free, not dumb just uneducated.

Being a master warrior who can use any enemy weapon we find, turn the weapons of the gods against them.

I think making charisma a complete dump stat could really backfire.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2015, 03:00:38 am »

How about making it the main stat and locking ourselves away when we're about to turn into a wolf-abomination?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2015, 04:37:33 am »

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
I like the crunch and the reasoning for the crunch but I don't like the fluff. Still, I like it better than VoidSlayer's background, no offence.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5