Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18

Author Topic: You are a board member of The Department of Ordnances[Weapon design][7/8]  (Read 15743 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a board member of The Department of Ordinances[Weapon design][9/8]
« Reply #195 on: January 25, 2015, 07:10:50 pm »

Take the MM1911 that we currently use, increase it's muzzle velocity as far as possible, remove the pan magazine and replace it with a 100 round box magazine. Work on increasing it's accuracy even at the cost of reducing the ROF as far as 500-550 from it's present 500-600 if it can't be increased without it.
Include a bipod on the bottom.

If this project is a success then take the new weapon, design a dual barrel version, give it 200 round box magazines and increase it's barrel length to 30 Inches. Build a brace into the bottom so it can be bolted into place on ships rails or on other vehicles.
If the above project meets with any problems then ignore this project and focus all efforts on the above.

Get Ivan from the council to help me with this and as many normal engineers as can be spared.

Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 25, 2015, 07:15:30 pm »

Length:60ft
Weight:40 tons
Hull Type:Planar
Hull construction: 1 in" steel top armor with copper bottom
Propulsion:High-Octane gasoline engine
Armor: 1 in" steel top armor
Armament:2x18in torpedo tubes, 2 machine guns,(space for mounting other weapons)

As some one who has worked on actual PT boats and just boats in general, making it out of wood would have made it completely useless.
Also how would we have Tubes in it if was wood?
Tell that to the US Navy circa. 1941-1945.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 25, 2015, 07:34:26 pm »

We should be able to build them without the armor, we should just design them to have armor just in case. The copper bottom is need since we're out in salt water and it'll prevent small arms from causing ruptures in the hull.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 25, 2015, 08:18:11 pm »

Wooden military vessels where a thing in major navies upto and during WW2, and some of them had torpedo tubes, normally on the decks.
Indeed, one of the last types of ships still made out of wood where torpedo boats.

Anyways, turn structure is going to be in two phases, with the first phase being responses to things that would be dealt with rather quickly, along with dealing with critical rollsLike, what the military and the engineers will say to pats gun of redundancy, you know, that sorta thing.

Also, it looks like Pancaek, Stabby, cherry and... terra? need things to do.

Also, Pat, what do you mean by dual barrel? Two guns on a single mount or somesorta revolving barrel thing?

Also, 13 pages? I only see four*

*number may be subject to change depending on how much ninja arrives
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 08:21:11 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 25, 2015, 08:20:04 pm »

Yeah 2 guns on 1 mount. Basically just 2 guns mounted together linked to 1 trigger to double the volume of fire.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 25, 2015, 08:21:34 pm »

Allright, so, easy project then.  :P
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 25, 2015, 08:23:35 pm »

Should be. All your doing is moving the trigger and wiring it to 2 guns instead of 1.
Caine's law.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 25, 2015, 08:41:38 pm »

Maxim is going on the hypothetical foreign mission. He don't like it but hey he can just split up dealing with someone else.

Working alone do not preclude teamwork, guys.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 25, 2015, 08:52:07 pm »

Well I'll go gather the other Naval engineers and go check out the lent port for what we could properly build in it.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 25, 2015, 09:03:33 pm »

Consolidating post for GM clarity

Darren sketches out a preliminary design for a fast PT boat, then goes with the others before the council in case they want the specs.

PT Boat type Alpha
Hull construction:Reinforced Plank and Plywood
Armor:....it's made of wood. What armor?
Armament:2x18in torpedo tubes, 2 machine guns,(space for mounting other weapons)

Edit:In response to an earlier question, yes it'll just be two machine guns standard, but I'm hoping it would be two of the twin mounts you're developing
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 09:11:48 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 25, 2015, 09:15:31 pm »

No problem.
Caine's law.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 25, 2015, 09:24:45 pm »

Consolidating post for GM clarity

Darren sketches out a preliminary design for a fast PT boat, then goes with the others before the council in case they want the specs.

PT Boat type Alpha
Hull construction:Reinforced Plank and Plywood
Armor:....it's made of wood. What armor?

Edit:In response to an earlier question, yes it'll just be two machine guns standard, but I'm hoping it would be two of the twin mounts you're developing
+1
Lets try to use glue/ wooden pegs to hold it together, and try to be low metal so it's safer VS sea mines.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 26, 2015, 05:20:05 am »

While I can get behind primarily using wood to keep the boat light and cheap, do we really need to worry about sea mines when we design a defensive craft?
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 26, 2015, 05:30:54 am »

So, Friedrich doesn't actually have any skill in designing stuff. So if any of you need to send him somewhere or want tanks tested, feel free to do so. I just don't really see anything for him to do at the moment.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 26, 2015, 05:54:09 am »

Perhaps you could take an architect, a pair of middlers and maybe an electronics engineer, and try to design some kind of assembly for our current model of tanks? That way we'd have something to work with if we ever decide to build more armored vehicles.
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18