Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 82

Author Topic: If you combined the last two games you played, what would you get?  (Read 134489 times)

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: If you combined the last two games you played, what would you get?
« Reply #720 on: May 20, 2016, 06:13:48 am »

EVE Online and Battlefield 4.

Probably something along the lines of Dust 514. RIP Dust 514.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 20, 2016, 12:06:44 pm »

Blazblue Chronophantasma and Magic Duels

A 2d fighter where one draws one's character and abilities from a deck of cards?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: May 25, 2016, 01:32:17 am »

RimWorld and Dwarf Fortress.  A Western-themed fort builder where you control a colony of dwarves...wait.  A fantasy themed colony builder where you control a fort of...wait.  Hmmm.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: May 25, 2016, 01:38:30 am »

Space Station 13 and Stellaris.

I guess my character has the venerable leader trait now. Does that make him a vampire?

cartmann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: May 25, 2016, 08:45:18 am »

Hearts of Iron 3 and Project Cars

Not sure what would be the result - Motorized divisions racing each other on the autobahn on the way to the front, or getting podiums for being the fastest Panzer to Paris?

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: May 25, 2016, 01:32:18 pm »

Dawn of War II: Retribution and Crypt of the Necrodancer. I... Guess you would command a group of Space Marines clearing a space hulk and you had to give commands to a beat?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: May 25, 2016, 01:35:50 pm »

Dwarf Fortress and World of Warcraft

I'd hope it be like dwarf fortress, but you could get quests to do stuff and some RPG elements added in. But, I'd want it to be mostly DF, but if someone made a Warcraft mod for it. But then blizzard lawyers would take it down faster than you could blink :P

That would actually be an epic combo though. DF already has a lot of the stuff that could make it similar to a warcraft RTS, and then throw in a bunch of RPG stuff from WoW...it be so epic. Actually be probably a bit similar to DF adventure mode, sorta...but you can still have strategy elements of building up a fort and stuff.

Only if blizzard would allow that, but they never would :P
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 25, 2016, 03:55:16 pm »

Dawn of War II: Retribution and Crypt of the Necrodancer. I... Guess you would command a group of Space Marines clearing a space hulk and you had to give commands to a beat?
I can almost imagine a version of Spacehulk that worked that way...  Not sure if practical (but Necrodancer worked *much* better than I ever would have guessed).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 26, 2016, 10:56:40 pm »

Road of the Dead 2 and Decision 3.

Thankfully, these two games both share a number of things in common.

Anyway, in Road of the Decision, the player plays as Cocheta Sullivan and Diane Rogers, working for the ECC to clean up cities.

The two drive through the cities, killing zombies and rescuing the people inside the cities.

The zombie trolls, super mutants, and other giant zombies are able to flip the player's Humvee, resulting in an instant game over.

Rage mode allows the player to ram giant zombies w/o being flipped, increases reload speed, weapon accuracy/handling, and switch speed.

Not sure what else... Parking/stopping at outposts to purchase and install upgrades, traveling from place to place, setting routes to other areas a la The Consuming Shadow, and probably a few other things I've forgotten.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: May 26, 2016, 11:05:18 pm »

That sounds *amazing*.  Road of the Dead 2 is one of my favorite flash games ever.  The Decision series is pretty good too, though I don't remember much actual deciding.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: May 28, 2016, 11:55:56 pm »

That sounds *amazing*.  Road of the Dead 2 is one of my favorite flash games ever.  The Decision series is pretty good too, though I don't remember much actual deciding.

Sometimes, during Road of the Dead 2, I'd find myself in situations where I'd be in quite the spot of trouble without being able to see a way to fix the problem. (mutants but you're low on ammo and can't stop to restock because there's a crowd of zeds coming your way in addition to the mutants)

Also, being attacked (you know, when you fail to shoot or shake off the zombie in time) still scares me.

And the scream the survivor makes when one of the two soldiers dies from an explosion or similar is still haunting...

Anyway, the name of the Decision series comes from this passage at the start of the first game:

Quote from: The first note in the diary.
I made a decision. More and more cities become zombie's colonies dropped into the darkness. Earlier, I have only heard of soldiers who left the army who try to clean the cities. One of them saved my life and I joined them. There aren't too many of them that is why they work alone. He gave me a gun and I want to try. This is my decision.
In spite of the non-native level of skill Fly Anvil has with the wonderful English language, they are still able to establish a mood, tone, and style/voice in their writing, which is pretty impressive.

In the actual gameplay, only one mission can be undertaken each day, so if you've got multiple things that need to be urgently done... You've got to make a decision. Time is money, after all.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 12:03:39 am by AzyWng »

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 29, 2016, 11:52:03 am »

Battlefleet Gothic and Openxcom Xpiratez

I guess it is set in the 40k universe, where you form a merry band of pirates, prowl the spacelanes and capture booty in tactical turn based combat once you managed to send an assault team via the RTS part. You attack anyone, and find out a thing or two to pimp your ship, which makes the empire declare you a heretic. You on the other hand don't think of the emperor as a god, and set forth to deface the imperium. While still capturing ships from all the other factions, which is necessary, because you need the parts and the prisoners for your ultimate ship, which will bring you through the defence of Terra, where you will battle to shut down the throne.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: June 29, 2016, 09:40:03 pm »

Warframe and Touhou.

A danmaku/bullet hell game with the Warframes as bosses. Here's a few ideas for the bosses and their abilities/spellcards. I don't know how the weapons in Warframe would fit in, given that many of them are hitscan.

Excalibur - Radial Javelins (Bullets in circles), Exalted Blade (Large Wave/Slash bullets), Slash Dash (Excalibur Charges)

Ash - Shurikens (Shurikens), Cloaking, Teleporting, Cloning (a la Flandre's Four of a Kind)

Oberon - Energy Balls w/slight homing capabilities, Hallowed Ground (that slows the player down while they are in it), Renewal (that shoots out balls of energy that can be picked up for bomb/life pieces. If they return to Oberon, he restores health.), Reckoning (That slams several places in the ground, shooting bullets and creating the energy balls mentioned earlier.

Rhino - Charge, Walls of unblockable bullets/survival spell cards, A stomp that slows down everything (Except himself, items, and his rate of fire) down to a snail's pace

Limbo - Void bullets that don't hurt players unless they're in the void, banishing players to the void where they can only interact w/things in the void, creating an opening into the void that shrinks over time.

Point items are credits, life pieces are the red orbs, bomb pieces are blue orbs, mods are power items, and orokin reactors/catalysts/ and Forma are powerups.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #733 on: July 06, 2016, 02:47:11 am »

Dark Souls and Illyriad.

A dark fantasy city builder where you are constantly under threat of your citizens going hollow. Manage resources as usual, but factions will actively attack your city to either kill the accursed undead or pillage your humanity. Other players will also attack to try to plunder your soldiers' humanity.

Demons can be hunted down on the world map for souls (replacing gold) and humanity, and titanite can be harvested from patches. Titanite demons can be killed to try to loot demon titanite.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: July 06, 2016, 02:54:37 am »

Project Mirai DX (Demo version) and Etrian Odyssey IV.

Basically Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, but without the Fire Emblem classes and with more map-making
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 82