Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Embark Scenarios?  (Read 682 times)

Smaych

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Embark Scenarios?
« on: January 19, 2015, 04:14:02 pm »

I've been playing vanilla fortress mode in a very standard way for a few weeks straight, and I think It's time to spice things up.

Does anyone have any interesting role-play scenarios for embark? I've been thinking of doing a captain Ahab Moby-Dick fortress who's sole objective is to trap and harpoon a whale, with loads of fisher dwarves and siege operators at work. There would be less of an emphasis on military or wealth, and perhaps all of the buildings could be above ground, like Nantucket mark-2.

I'm sure you are all full of crazy embark ideas, and can come up with something interesting to share with the DF community.

DonutDrizzle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Embark Scenarios?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 08:50:04 pm »

Urist McHendrix

• Bay Watcher
  • Oy, Urist, why are you rolling up that rat weed?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 11:01:25 pm »

The aquatic animal farming is kinda hairy, mostly for the random creature spawn, you might end up with zillions of dingos and 0 fish.I've read about someone blocking every land access to the map with statues, he was farming merpeople so I'm not sure if that does work anymore, or if birds do spawn several z levels high.

I'd go for Human Castle. What with 5-10 levels high outer walls, mostly wooden huts for the majority of the works and an open quarry for every mineral needs. The castle proper should be mainly noble's quarters and militia training, with nobles burrowed inside and some haulers bringing them food etc from the outskirt farms.... Gotta do this some other da y myself... Ofc many civilians will be in great danger working mainly outside the walls. So much fun.

Smaych

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 02:08:55 am »