Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Civs backgrounds...  (Read 1034 times)

Voidlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Civs backgrounds...
« on: January 18, 2015, 04:47:51 pm »

So in my current fortress "Syrupbraid" I decided to look at what the parent civ was, "The Wealthy Bodice", which low and behold its nobility is mostly female, 6 out 7 of the nobility is female dorfs, 4 baroness, 1 countess and the queen.
 I then checked for gods, and it seems most of my Dwarves worship a Zombie, Vesh, he most often takes the form of a rotting Male dwarf and is associated with suicide, death and rebirth, oh and has already got a necromancer worshipping him, AND has created something called Blossomfate, which I dont want my dorfs to meet, the other gods I have found is Avus Minedboulders, associated with mountains, and a Goddess Kovest associated with wealth, valour, war and Fortresses, she has aided 4 beasts in establishing their existences mainly aocwar will rage forever...
Have I picked a Dark Dwarf Civ that worships a zombie, and a goddess that whats an eternal war, with a matriahal gov, but I suppose their could be worse
The Void shall consume all

DonutDrizzle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Civs backgrounds...
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 05:48:22 pm »

Just roll with it. Although its cool, Its pretty mild compared to some other stuff. *co-BoatMurdered-ugh*

Voidlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 05:55:57 pm »

Ahh yes, boatmurdered with its images of images of cheese, my fort is going strong, crushed its first siege, 10 goblins in clothing, against 10 dwarves in full steel, all Elite Wrestlers, and ranking up in  Axe use as well, there was a lot of lopped off goblin heads, getting a 2nd squad ready gonna be crossbows or hammers...
The Void shall consume all

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 10:41:03 am »

You must be new here, and unfamiliar with mythology...

War gods are exactly what it says on the tin, war gods. It's their bloody job (literally and figuratively) to spill blood and foster war.

Well, except for the defensive/less violent war gods ala Athena but we don't have that in DF.

Death gods are exactly the same. Rotting death gods is nothing new. (See norse mythology). Also, picturing a death god as rotting makes perfect sense.

You need to kill more goblins. Preferably in bloody, exploding ways. Elves work well also.