Poll

-

-
- 1 (100%)
-
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 67

Author Topic: The Siege of Angazea [OOC Thread][Muh squarebrackets!]  (Read 62114 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Siege of Angazea [OOC Thread][Muh squarebrackets!]
« Reply #450 on: February 04, 2015, 04:30:24 am »

I'll be sure to carry word of your heroic death back to the others, and what's left of you. Minus the hat. It'll look better on me anyway.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 04, 2015, 09:35:55 am »

23 BS and I didn't bring the sword. I'd just run if it was at all character-appropriate.

What a shamefru dispray.

Why wouldn't you have your sword with you at all times?

((Hi, I've just been reading so far and then I read Powder Miner's latest post. Is it ok in the 40k universe to say the Emperor's name in vain?)

It's cursing and considered in bad taste by very religious people.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 04, 2015, 09:40:35 am »

Don't worry I'll protect the newbie commissar. It'd make me look bad if he died on my watch. Besides the Ogryn is wounded and has no armour, I'm gonna put a hole the size of my fist in it.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 04, 2015, 09:51:08 am »

((Hi, I've just been reading so far and then I read Powder Miner's latest post. Is it ok in the 40k universe to say the Emperor's name in vain?)
It's cursing and considered in bad taste by very religious people.
As far as I know, there's no unified official position on it. There are probably a bunch of local customs on various worlds, and I wouldn't suggest, say, making references to His genitals in front of Death Cultists, but "Emperor damn it" is entirely fitting in a lot of situations. Especially when talking about Xenos or Heretics.

Also, there is the slight problem that nobody even has a clue what Emps' name is. The best you could do is take His social position in vain, which doesn't quite have the same ring to it.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 04, 2015, 12:17:47 pm »

Shooting.
Called shot, targetting head.
1d100=28

BS 45
-10 called shot.  ( Deadeye. )
+30 point blank.
+10 hulking.
= Target 75.

Roll is a 28

Result headshot 4 degrees of success.

Did I miss any modifiers?
Caine's law.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 04, 2015, 12:25:01 pm »

Yeah, that's all right.

Hey P. Is yours a called shot? That has additional modifiers associated with it.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 04, 2015, 12:29:22 pm »

Should I roll the damage?
Caine's law.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 04, 2015, 12:30:23 pm »

Hey P. Is yours a called shot? That has additional modifiers associated with it.

I guess it is. I'll go look up corebook for modifiers.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 04, 2015, 12:31:06 pm »

-20. Or -10 if you have deadeye.
Caine's law.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 04, 2015, 12:33:22 pm »

Deadeye is regimental, so I have it. -10 then. I'll go apply it.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 04, 2015, 12:34:18 pm »

Called shot is a full action and would preclude both aiming and single shot bonuses in your case.

And DH, did you go semi-auto or single shot? Even in burst fire (semi-auto), you only use one roll.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 04, 2015, 12:39:44 pm »

Okay, now it should be alright. I do want to capture at least one alive for further interrogation, and shooting legs seems appropriate for that purpose.

Are the guys we're chasing armed, by the way?
Sigs

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 04, 2015, 12:48:15 pm »

Pistols. It doesn't look like they were expecting you.

Should I roll the damage?
Yup. Update after that.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 04, 2015, 12:49:37 pm »

It's worth pointing out it's good to have your Comrade around because they give you a free +5 BS with Ranged Volley and the bonus for Ganging Up with Close Quarters when in melee.

Pistols. It doesn't look like they were expecting you.

Nobody expects the Barrablancan Inquisition.
>Yes?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 04, 2015, 12:49:52 pm »

It has no armour right?

Damage.
1d10+4=11

Damage = 11
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 12:51:40 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 67