Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 509179 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2415 on: July 18, 2017, 02:53:17 pm »

I think we are overlooking the greatest tragedy: Surtha Ek is not playable. He remains beyond our comprehension.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: July 18, 2017, 09:53:43 pm »

It doesn't look like they're giving Wulfrik the ability to teleport anywhere on the map with his ship. Oh well. Can't have everything.

His ship is featured as a battle ability that deals damage and knockback, I'm assuming like the Tridant of Manaan.

The Fimir are really unexpected. The Norscan will also have the ability to settle coastal towns as well as faction capitals. They will get quests to hunt monsters and can dedicate ruined settlements to one of the four Chaos Gods (in the guise of a wolf, snake, eagle and crow) gaining bonuses the more they glorify one of the gods while earning the ire of the other three.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: July 18, 2017, 09:57:15 pm »

(in the guise of a wolf, snake, eagle and crow)
In case someone is uncertain which is which, they are, in order: Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, Nurgle. It's kind of weird because Tzeentch is associated with ravens and thus corvids, but crows eat carrion and the eagle doesn't fit Nurgle at all.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: July 19, 2017, 01:41:23 am »

I think we are overlooking the greatest tragedy: Surtha Ek is not playable. He remains beyond our comprehension.
I laughed.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: July 19, 2017, 01:30:54 pm »

So Norsca's showing up as a DLC in my inventory.

But it's not DLing. Is it just announced, and it needs to come out, or is it out and it's buggy?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: July 19, 2017, 01:31:44 pm »

But it's not DLing. Is it just announced, and it needs to come out, or is it out and it's buggy?
It's not out yet.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: July 19, 2017, 01:37:47 pm »

It's not out yet.
Yeah, it comes out on 10/August/2017. So it won't download 'til then.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: July 19, 2017, 01:42:40 pm »

The Old Friend has basically been confirmed as Krell.

Also apparently the Norsca DLC will also give all the other races a new unit as FLC.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: July 19, 2017, 01:47:01 pm »

Source? Because I remember CA saying it wouldn't be a lord.

Don't get me wrong, I'll love it if it is Krell, long missing, found at last.

EDIT: Found what is probably your source. Where is Krell? Here he is.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 01:49:01 pm by Teneb »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: July 19, 2017, 01:48:27 pm »

Source? Because I remember CA saying it wouldn't be a lord.

Don't get me wrong, I'll love it if it is Krell, long missing, found at last.
https://steamdb.info/app/364360/dlc/

Someone accidentally loaded it into the database.

Anyway, they're strongly hinting that they'll be giving the Beastmen the Jabbawocky. Good times. I think they're also saying Empire and a bunch of other guys are getting stuff too, but there's definitely Jabbawocky vibes. Also they mentioned Wood Elves specifically too.

----

I am kinda intrigued that CA have so many community managers and devs prowling around Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, and so on. They're really easy to get ahold of and they're quite a lot of them. I would imagine this is one of the reasons why their community is doing so well as they engage and change things based on the feedback they get on a daily basis.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: July 19, 2017, 02:00:14 pm »

Oh boy, now I am hyped for Krell.

Also, apparently CA heard the cries of the fandom and is making Surtha Ek start with a chariot, despite not being playable, as a nod the the memes. I'm guessing he'll be like Toddbringer or the Red Duke.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: July 19, 2017, 02:03:23 pm »

Oh boy, now I am hyped for Krell.

Also, apparently CA heard the cries of the fandom and is making Surtha Ek start with a chariot, despite not being playable, as a nod the the memes. I'm guessing he'll be like Toddbringer or the Red Duke.
New players will never understand the hell that was autoresolving through every single Norsca battle because of Surtha Ek's Lore of Chariots.

Edit: I frigging love this: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/6o1ldb/norsca_so_now_the_big_question_is_who_is_everyone/dkdvhus/

We should have destroyed Norsca, every man woman and child, many years ago!

shouting

Enough! Dietershafen is lost, and our northern allies have failed us. Where was the last report of his whereabouts?

My Witch Hunters tell me that his forces have moved to the west, we must expect an attack on Marienburg!

This is nonsense, no attack is coming - Emil von Korden controls the Wasteland. He's not attacking, he's making allies! At this very moment he courts Throgg, the Troll King! The trolls will rise up against us and Troll Country will be lost once more!

Ridiculous! Kislev won't stand for it! Our forces have sole military access to their lands. I believe the attack will come from the Chaos Wastes themselves - he intends to travel across the World's Edge Mountains, and into Ostermark - Sylvania will revolt, and sweep across from the east

Thats wild speculation!

He will come not from the north, nor the east - our traders in the north report that he has forged an alliance with the Fimir of Albion. He intends to circumnavigate the Empire and sail his army-

To the Badlands perhaps!

He would lose half his army to attrition alone! The other half would desert!

We must defend Blackfire Pass!

Do you expect the orcs to welcome him when he arrives?

I suppose he will bring with him, an army of Chariots!

Elector Counts, I dare say that would be quite a feat, even for the great Surtha Ek.

For the non-ultra Total War gay fanboys like myself, this is a revision of the Rome 2 trailer that I'm actually still kinda salty about BECAUSE THERE WAS NO SUCH THING WHEN ROME 2 LAUNCHED. WTF CA.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: July 20, 2017, 12:37:05 pm »

I was pretty irate that Ghorst got a wight king and Kemmler didn't.
Ropable even.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: July 20, 2017, 01:11:54 pm »

Whoa, Krell is strong as hell. Too bad he has that summoning thing where he basically a lot of hp over time.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 277