Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 507502 times)

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #1095 on: June 30, 2016, 01:02:00 pm »

This pack allegedly includes some events that occur out of battle, and not just graphical gore.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: June 30, 2016, 01:06:44 pm »

The blood DLC for Shogun 2 was also amazing when used in Fall of the Samurai. Freaking explosions of blood everywhere. When you called in Naval Bombardment on a formation of troops. Khorne basically jizzing everywhere.

----------

Edit: So I was fiddling around with the DLC to see what they added. When I was watching a replay in slow motion, I noticed something pretty interesting. Apparently each individual model's head will turn to face the target they're focusing on. So like, I had a Longbeard guy walking back to his unit after moving out a bit too far. As he walked up, a retreating Swordsman ran past him. The Longbeard turned his head to look at the Swordsman run past him before continuing back up towards his unit.

So I checked and yeah, all the Dwarfen units at least do this. They all will turn their heads to look at stuff without having to move their entire body.

Oh, and this DLC gibs people. blow off their torsos and stuff so only the legs remain and things like that. I also saw some Empire soldiers get headshotted with their heads exploding and their bodies flumping over. Also everyone looks like they're covered in... canned tomato paste. Even their avatars on the bottom left.

Here are some screenshots I took of a Chaos vs VC battle with the DLC:

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: June 30, 2016, 03:20:56 pm »

Yes! YES! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

The gore looks pretty good. Very much an improvement over just seeing people sent flying or falling down.

There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: July 01, 2016, 01:49:16 am »

The new Blood Knight units are a bit... strange to see. They're supposed to be full-bore vampires mounted and geared like the best knights. They're actually supposed to be the BEST knights.

However, what you end up with is a unit with only very slightly better stats than the Reiksguard... and there's 60 of them.

Hang on a second. These are vampires. Like, the kinds that come as one single unit and is a hero and can kill a hundred men without batting an eye. Your entire army will probably have 2 or 3. Why are there SIXTY of them in a single unit?! And why are they only as strong as Reiksguard?!

Thankfully there is a mod that fixes this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=714192059&searchtext=monstrous

--------

I've also noticed that combat seems to have slowed down somewhat. I've actually removed the combat mods because the base game seems to be slow enough as it is. The high tier artillery also seems to have gotten good buffs and made them actually viable.

They also made the dragons not worthless.

Overall I like the balancing they did.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: July 01, 2016, 02:47:14 am »

The new Blood Knight units are a bit... strange to see. They're supposed to be full-bore vampires mounted and geared like the best knights. They're actually supposed to be the BEST knights.

Which is funny because they only got called such because they were added in newer editions, Grail Knights were supposed to be THE BEST knights of all time.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: July 01, 2016, 05:40:49 am »

Yeah but Brettonia had basically been forgotten by the time End Times happened.

However I agree with the Blood Knight thing. Aren't they meant to be T5 on table?

(That being said, anti-large cavalry are my waifu)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 05:43:38 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: July 01, 2016, 06:45:14 am »

I like what they've done with the blood dlc, though I was hoping it would add some animations for things like death by fireball, electricity or troll bile.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: July 01, 2016, 07:32:13 am »

I like what they've done with the blood dlc, though I was hoping it would add some animations for things like death by fireball, electricity or troll bile.

Look they are giving out a gore mod for free, they can't do everything.

Wait what was that? They are charging?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: July 01, 2016, 08:55:22 am »

Incoming "they should have included this in the game in the first place"!
And it was Neo, too. Awesome.

Something Something Free = No Teen rating.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: July 01, 2016, 04:44:03 pm »

The high tier artillery also seems to have gotten good buffs and made them actually viable.

Artillery in general seems stronger now. I killed six Crypt Horrors with a single dwarven cannon battery before they closed in. Grudgebringers smashed much of the Grave Guard too.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: July 01, 2016, 09:04:25 pm »

Naw my argument is that if they charge for it, they should put in more effort.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: July 02, 2016, 05:11:12 pm »

It's called DLC whoring for a reason?

$3 doesn't get you much. Some people will feel like they got screwed, some will fall in love with it. It just depends on whether you're into that sort of thing or not.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 05:14:35 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: July 02, 2016, 06:29:09 pm »

If age rating was the concern here, they'd release it as a mod on Steam Workshop or charge a penny for it.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: July 02, 2016, 06:31:57 pm »

Making the animations, blood, dismemberment and such takes work. That said, it probably should be maybe a dollar cheaper, considering it's very much not a real gameplay addition.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: July 05, 2016, 03:27:14 am »

Does anyone else find the battlefields lacking? They are just huge pieces of flat land, maybe with a bump that no one will ever use that will hide some troops for a few seconds, but you know they are there. Very rarely do I find a useful patch of trees, or a hill big enough to have an effect on battle. I've yet to see a river and oddly enough fighting in the mountain regions still gives flat land. Then you have the underground, just a big flat arena. It makes it feel like using terrain is ultimately pointless.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 277