Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Dungeons and Dragons: Horizon of War (3.5) (OOC) (5/5)  (Read 14408 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons and Dragons: Horizon of Ninjas (3.5) (OOC) (3/5)
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2015, 12:37:09 am »

Wyrmling: Pros: Is dragon. Is cool. Rawr.
Cons: Hinders character development/interaction. Raises lots of questions.
Crunch-wise it seems sort of OK, but the fluff... the coherency of the fluff I would have to write would go from a sheet of fabric to a cotton ball, metaphorically speaking.
In that case, I will return to the Monster Manuals for cool races.

Edit: On that topic, what tier would Racial HD be?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 12:39:01 am by My Name is Immaterial »

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons and Dragons: Horizon of War (3.5) (OOC) (3/5)
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2015, 12:39:34 am »

That's pretty much what the ToB is for. My character is basically designed to cast Muscle in order to fly 20' at them from a standing start with an overhead axe swing strong enough to make chunky salsa. For League players, think Darius ult with a 12 second cooldown and a cast range similar to Ahri's Q. Once I hit 6th level I should never do less than 100 damage on my initiation attacks, and at 9th they should never miss except against a BBEG (maybe).
I don't have access to Tome of Battle...
Anyways, I'll do this new character maybe tomorrow, or never. I still learnt a whole bunch with my beloved Bull.
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2015, 12:51:05 am »

Harbinger's DFA: Sounds good (Fan of the Dragonfire Adept, myself), but I have no clue what you're talking about with the marshal stuff.
Marshals have access to a number of Auras (one minor at first level, one major at second level, two minor at third, etc), which are befitting of the direction I'm taking this character. The problem is that the auras are a) about the only thing they get and b) very, very limited (both in number known and number activatable), so I was hoping that you would allow taking the collection of Boost [Attribute] minor auras as one Minor Aura Known while leaving them as counting as seperate minor auras for the purposes of Minor Aura Activateable. Basically, the first bit is a boost while the second bit is ensuring the boost doesn't benefit too widely; effectively making it more versatile, but not more powerful, you could say.

Kassire's HD-HM-HH: 40 damage? No.
So a total character overhaul? I guess I'll keep Jack Bull around until he can be used.
Bear in mind that removing that Bastard Sword -> Greatsword change (or just having the character use a Bastard Sword as personal preference) will drop that somewhat, and the 40 damage strike takes a move action per use (thus meaning it can't easily be used while flying or at all more than once in a full attack, and can't get the benefit of Charging).

Wyrmling: Pros: Is dragon. Is cool. Rawr.
Cons: Hinders character development/interaction. Raises lots of questions.
Crunch-wise it seems sort of OK, but the fluff... the coherency of the fluff I would have to write would go from a sheet of fabric to a cotton ball, metaphorically speaking.
Yeah, the White is probably a bad choice, given the whole "we're dumb animalistic brutes (comparatively)!" thing. Fortunately, there are other, better, choices. (Also, given there's a DFA in the party, well, obvious fluff is obvious).
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 12:53:41 am by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2015, 12:52:27 am »

100 damage? I fear that I may not be quite as powerful as I'd like. Well... Screw you guys I have flavor text. FLAVOR TEXT!!!
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2015, 01:24:31 am »

Kellendra. Crunch is done, just need to get to the fluffy bit tomorrow
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2015, 01:50:52 am »

Hmmm... Doppelganger? Steel Dragon Wyrmling? I'm not sure. I'll probably not make it in time, so I'll just waitlist.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2015, 03:14:03 am »

Hmmm, two additional questions: First, what tier would you say for DFA? Consensus usually seems to be low3/high4, but it's not actually listed, so DM decision needed here.
Second... I forget. Um. Er... damnit, I'm sure it'll come back to me later. Alas.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2015, 11:53:29 am »

Hmmm... Doppelganger? Steel Dragon Wyrmling? I'm not sure. I'll probably not make it in time, so I'll just waitlist.
:(
Hmmm, two additional questions: First, what tier would you say for DFA? Consensus usually seems to be low3/high4, but it's not actually listed, so DM decision needed here.
Second... I forget. Um. Er... damnit, I'm sure it'll come back to me later. Alas.
On account of the massive skill list and being so good at direct damage, I'm going to say Tier 3.
Kellendra. Crunch is done, just need to get to the fluffy bit tomorrow
Hey, it's Bloodthorne. Cool.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons and Dragons: Horizon of War (3.5) (OOC) (5/5)
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2015, 12:05:45 pm »

:(
Well, you've already got 5 applicants, and I haven't even decided on a race or class.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2015, 02:19:45 pm »

Star Elf from Races of Faerun?
Half-Fey from Forgotten Realms?
Factotum from Dungeonscape?

I've got a great idea for a character now who's a really charismatic cripple.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2015, 05:59:28 pm »

Harbinger's DFA: Sounds good (Fan of the Dragonfire Adept, myself), but I have no clue what you're talking about with the marshal stuff.
Marshals have access to a number of Auras (one minor at first level, one major at second level, two minor at third, etc), which are befitting of the direction I'm taking this character. The problem is that the auras are a) about the only thing they get and b) very, very limited (both in number known and number activatable), so I was hoping that you would allow taking the collection of Boost [Attribute] minor auras as one Minor Aura Known while leaving them as counting as seperate minor auras for the purposes of Minor Aura Activateable. Basically, the first bit is a boost while the second bit is ensuring the boost doesn't benefit too widely; effectively making it more versatile, but not more powerful, you could say.
*Cough*

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2015, 06:21:41 pm »

*Cough*
Sure.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2015, 07:10:35 pm »

I am seriously considering taking Dry Lich. The question is, how to avoid getting wet, ever, on pain of massive damage...

Edit: Nevermind, I was thinking it was granted without LA for WitW and could be got otherwise, turns out the only way to get it is WitW 10. A shame, that would have fit so well, mechanically and thematically. Oh well.

Edit again: You know, I think it might actually be technically possible to get without WitW... Difficult, but not entirely impossible.
The only real unsolvable problem is that the organ jars fall way outside WBL >.< Even just one of them costs 20K, and the transformation needs 5...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 07:42:46 pm by Harbingerjm »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2015, 07:11:32 pm »

Cover yourself with that stuff from the DMG or somewhere that absorbs water.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2015, 12:51:11 am »

Fluff done(hope you don't mind me making up the Western Steppes barbarians from whole cloth, can change to whatever). Just debating whether to grab a flaw for the other prereq for frenzied berserker(or maybe a couple dips in fighter to get the feats I need). Thoughts?

Also, in the process of copying my sheets over to the new system on Mythweavers. New sheet link here

Edit:Went ahead and changed a few things, like that one level dip in fighter for the feat and dropping the enchantment on my axe in favor of a composite longbow fitted to my strength and ghost ward on my armor.

Also Nerjin, Lucus has come up with a better knight class than the one found in the PHB II. (Linky here, with powers). Though, subject to Tawa's approval(I estimate it's about a high 3-low 2 class)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 08:54:50 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10