Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1195 1196 [1197] 1198 1199 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1547457 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée
« Reply #17940 on: May 16, 2016, 07:13:40 pm »

Yes.  Earlier.

It worked.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17941 on: May 17, 2016, 02:28:14 am »

but did you TRY it?  ::)

Edit to demonstrate the kind of thing I tried earlier, which failed: <a href=index.php?topic=147340.18645>here, now[/url]

Ah, right, it fails if you don't have the full prefix "http://" so it doesn't act quite like a normal link tag.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #17942 on: May 17, 2016, 04:01:49 am »

Happy Diecisiete de Mayo! The best avatars are made right here at Trump Tower Dank Memery. I love shitposters!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 04:23:15 am by FearfulJesuit »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17943 on: May 17, 2016, 04:06:13 am »

That thing's hypnotic.

How come when politicians shitpost it's called "public relations" or a "gaffe"?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17944 on: May 17, 2016, 05:46:30 am »

but did you TRY it?  ::)

Edit to demonstrate the kind of thing I tried earlier, which failed: <a href=index.php?topic=147340.18645>here, now[/url]

Ah, right, it fails if you don't have the full prefix "http://" so it doesn't act quite like a normal link tag.
Considering that I didn't even know the url tag could DO that, it's more like the URL tag has some special stuff.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17945 on: May 17, 2016, 06:44:49 am »

Clarifying:

Linking to /smf/index.php works in url:
brains
<a href=/smf/index.php?action=search2&search=brains>brains[/url]

But linking to index.php does not, because the url tag turns it into http://index.php?action=search2&amp;search=brains because it is dumb.
brains
(An <a href> in normal html can be to a page in the same directory as the page the link is coming from, using that syntax.)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17946 on: May 17, 2016, 07:42:12 am »

Back to the politics, I think that article sums up what I like about the guy: he's very sane and measured sounding.

"Yes, I will fuck up your shit, but it will be for a good reason, and I would prefer if you would do this other thing so I don't have to fuck up your shit, because your kids and my kids will be better off if they aren't trying to rebuild a bunch of fucked up shit."

vs

"Yeehaw, the most important letter in the alphabet... is FREEDOM. So let's drop some FREEDOM on them and they will get the point that the uh... friend of my enemy, is uh... worth two birds in a hand."

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Sigtext

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #17949 on: May 17, 2016, 02:46:29 pm »

And on that day was born the theory of "micropollution", to the dismay of anyone with a working neurological system.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17950 on: May 17, 2016, 02:50:22 pm »

Alan Grayson may be my spirit animal.

Is that a satirical blog or is that real? Also which state?

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/white-house-gop-calls-ben-rhodes-resign-223275 I guess the republicans just can't wait for Obama to leave huh?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 02:52:44 pm by smjjames »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #17951 on: May 17, 2016, 03:01:37 pm »

Grayson is certainly real: D-Florida, heh. You might be able to find a transcript somewhere in this mess or a nearby related page. Still looking, myself. Last wednesday being spoken of the blog will probably be either the 11th or the 4th.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #17952 on: May 17, 2016, 03:05:51 pm »

Alan Grayson may be my spirit animal.

That's stupid.

Suppose the republican had said "CO2 is great.  If Alan wants to limit CO2 emissions he should try putting a plant in a room without CO2 and see what happens next."

Would you have said "great point!  Really opened my mind!"  No, you would have said "god what an idiot, he is missing the point entirely."  So why is it a great point when Grayson did it?  It's not a great point, it's weak tea trolling based around semantics.  And it distracts from the real issue which is that the rise in temperatures associated with CO2 and methane emissions create hardship.  Distracting from that for schoolyard taunts isn't clever.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17953 on: May 17, 2016, 03:17:35 pm »

Reminds me of the guy who drank Reactor Coolant on the floor of the Senate to prove that nuclear reactors on ships were safe.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17954 on: May 17, 2016, 03:34:03 pm »

Reminds me of the guy who drank Reactor Coolant on the floor of the Senate to prove that nuclear reactors on ships were safe.

Reactor coolant is just water??? wait... did this actually happen...???????? I mean I'm pretty sure everyone's seen that picture of the senator holding a snowball while denouncing climate change...

Next thing you know congress will have a bake sale and claim world hunger solved.
Pages: 1 ... 1195 1196 [1197] 1198 1199 ... 1342