Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 994 995 [996] 997 998 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1547939 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Donald J. Trump's Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Beams 2016 Megathread
« Reply #14925 on: March 18, 2016, 08:23:07 am »

I feel that the political system would benefit from some competition,

And yet you are removing the competition for your vote.

frivolous partisan bills without consequence.

Yeah, bills to name post offices or decide whether the government stays open or not are so boring.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14926 on: March 18, 2016, 08:31:48 am »

Wait, why are you being sarcastic to that guy in particular? Seems a bit random, given that he wasn't talking to you or insulting your politition-waifu.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14927 on: March 18, 2016, 08:38:26 am »

Wait, why are you being sarcastic to that guy in particular? Seems a bit random, given that he wasn't talking to you or insulting your politition-waifu.
Sarcasm is mainiac's default mode of communication. He was born with an abnormally large snark gland.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #14928 on: March 18, 2016, 08:50:26 am »

"My fingers," said Elizabeth, "do not move over this instrument in the masterly manner which I see so many women's do. They have not the same force or rapidity, and do not produce the same expression. But then I have always supposed it to be my own fault—because I will not take the trouble of practising. It is not that I do not believe my fingers as capable as any other woman's of superior execution."

Wouldn't it be rather dishonest if we judged arguments solely based on whether they agreed with our political ideology?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14929 on: March 18, 2016, 08:58:50 am »

"My fingers," said Elizabeth, "do not move over this instrument in the masterly manner which I see so many women's do. They have not the same force or rapidity, and do not produce the same expression. But then I have always supposed it to be my own fault—because I will not take the trouble of practising. It is not that I do not believe my fingers as capable as any other woman's of superior execution."
Dude, TMI....don't need to know about how you have trouble "fingering your instrument".  :P

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #14930 on: March 18, 2016, 09:00:36 am »

And I didn't need to know your immediate response to that was thinking about mainiac fingering their instrument. Get. Room.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14931 on: March 18, 2016, 09:10:57 am »

And I didn't need to know that you didn't need to know that.
(yes, I got the reference....Elizabeth Bennett he is not.)
Besides....you gotta admit, out of context that's a fairly suggestive quote. Jane, you dirty-minded girl, you.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 09:12:33 am by RedKing »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14933 on: March 18, 2016, 10:27:16 am »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14934 on: March 18, 2016, 10:31:12 am »

Some dude's kids are gonna be like "Dad, this lemonade is too watery." And he's gonna be like, "Shut up, it's for the greater good."

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #14935 on: March 18, 2016, 10:38:43 am »

I have put my fingers to good use and made the Republican hunger games spreadsheet:
https://goo.gl/BHbRvm

Right now Redking is looking good but MetalSlimeHunt could pull an upset if Kasich drops out soon enough.

Redking wins if Kasich and Cruz stay in this until the end.
If Cruz drops out the day after California (June 7th), Redking wins if Kasich stays in past May 6th.  MSH  wins if Kasich drops out on May 6th or before.
If Cruz stays in until the convention (July 18th), Redking wins if Kasich stays in past May 20th.  MSH wins if Kasich drops out on May 19th or before.  If Kasich drops out on May 20th, this goes to tiebreaker.  I cant be bothered to find out exactly what hour of the day Paul, Santorum, Fiorina and Christie dropped out unless it comes to that.

Overall the scores are a LOT higher then I expected.  I was thinking the winner would have like 100 points.  Instead the race went a lot longer then expected and the winner is probably going to have more then 600.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 10:51:50 am by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14936 on: March 18, 2016, 10:43:03 am »

Sugar is best poison, people just underestimate it.
Can anybody tell, what Trump has in his program except fighting illegal immigration?

From what I have read in russian, he wants to change focus from woo we number one stronk we solve all problems in the world to prioritizing internal problems above europe and allahlands, this does not look that much insane to earn hatred.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #14937 on: March 18, 2016, 10:45:12 am »

Can anybody tell, what Trump has in his program except fighting illegal immigration?

No, they cannot.  It's rather amazing that a politician can get this far without a platform.

Maybe he supports tarrifs.  Maybe he opposes them.  Tax hikes on the rich?  Tax cuts on the rich?  War in the middle east?  Pull out of the middle east?  A riddle wrapped in an enigma.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14938 on: March 18, 2016, 10:48:34 am »

He also seems to have a plank of turning US defense treaties into a protection racket. Charging places like Germany and Japan billions a year for our military presence, for instance.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #14939 on: March 18, 2016, 10:56:14 am »

Basically it seems that the hunger games are going to boil down to which candidate was misjudged worse.  Redking misjudged Graham.  MSH misjudged Kasich.  Redking took a huge hit early on when Graham dropped 6 weeks before he should have by Redkings list.  But the longer Kasich stays in the race, the more it costs everyone.  Most estimates lose a week or so for each additional day Kasich stays in.  Redking only loses one (because the Rubio gap grows).

In a normal year 6 weeks would be a lot of time.  But this year is very unusual because there could be 6 months between the first and the last dropout.  That makes 6 weeks not seem so long.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 994 995 [996] 997 998 ... 1342