Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 980 981 [982] 983 984 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1548406 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Donald J. Trump's Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Beams 2016 Megathread
« Reply #14715 on: March 15, 2016, 10:43:00 pm »

inb4 kasich for president
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #14716 on: March 15, 2016, 10:44:16 pm »

Kasich wont drop out. Kasich has momentum, sorta. He is an extreme underdog but he is less of an extreme underdog then he has been earlier in this race.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14717 on: March 15, 2016, 10:46:57 pm »

I swear upon all that is holy that if his whole Ohio Godhead strategy actually works out into a brokered convention I will become lost and adrift in the spaces between mind and reality, forever abstracted into a formless but very angry state for all eternity.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14718 on: March 15, 2016, 10:47:19 pm »

Kasich kept Ohio. That's all he needs to keep the delusion flowing build up that momentum.

I swear upon all that is holy that if his whole Ohio Godhead strategy actually works out into a brokered convention I will become lost and adrift in the spaces between mind and reality, forever abstracted into a formless but very angry state for all eternity.
What is reality but the brokered illusion of humanity's perceptions? When you embrace Kasich, from a certain angle, Kasich instead embraces you.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 10:49:24 pm by smirk »
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14719 on: March 15, 2016, 10:52:51 pm »

At least until he runs out of money, then again, all of the donors that were backing Rubio are going to go to Kasich, so he probably won't.

He's said that he intends to go all the way to the convention if he is able to.

As has been said before, it's impossible numerically for him to get the nomination and with so few delegates, he'll barely have any influence at the convention. The best he could hope for is maybe a cabinet position (not sure what he'd be interested in) in exchange for the delegates.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14720 on: March 15, 2016, 10:54:05 pm »

Kasich kept Ohio. That's all he needs to keep the delusion flowing build up that momentum.

What is reality but the brokered illusion of humanity's perceptions? When you embrace Kasich, from a certain angle, Kasich instead embraces you.

When I was chaperoning on my little brother's elementary school trip (it was for cub scouts) to the state house a couple years ago, we saw John Kasich talking to some people in a meeting room with a big window and glass door. The teacher pointed him out to the kids, and he came up to the door. We thought he was going to stick his head out and say hi. Instead, he closed the blinds and carried on with whatever it was he was doing in there. I don't know what the point of telling this story is, but I feel like it needed to be shared.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14721 on: March 15, 2016, 10:57:17 pm »

Might not mean anything, might have just been a bad time, hard to read anything from one story.

Though really, even I would have explained that it was a bad time/private meeting or something.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 10:59:11 pm by smjjames »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14722 on: March 15, 2016, 10:59:59 pm »

Might not mean anything, might have just been a bad time, hard to read anything from one story.

Well yeah, but it was still pretty funny. Maybe you had to be there.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14723 on: March 15, 2016, 11:03:24 pm »

Kasich wont drop out. Kasich has momentum, sorta.

He says, seeing Kasich finishing his first lap, as Trump passes him again on the way to his 12th or so.

Ohio Gov. John Kasich won the presidential primary in his home state of Ohio on Tuesday. The win means he picked up all 66 of the state’s delegates to the Republican National Convention.

Now all he has to do is win 91 percent of the remaining delegates and he can clinch the nomination before the convention this summer.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14724 on: March 15, 2016, 11:14:02 pm »

Quick headmath: If Kasich won every single delegate remaining, he'd have 1237.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #14725 on: March 15, 2016, 11:14:36 pm »

As has been said before, it's impossible numerically for him to get the nomination and with so few delegates, he'll barely have any influence at the convention. The best he could hope for is maybe a cabinet position (not sure what he'd be interested in) in exchange for the delegates.

No man, you are thinking about this wrong.  Kasich basically gets a mulligan on the first half of the race.  Now he gets to run in a three man field for the second half of the race.  He is an underdog due to the lack of money and organization.  On the other hand unlike Trump, Cruz, Bush and Rubio, most republicans dont loathe him.  It's sorta useful to not have a majority of the voters not hate your guts.

Kasich isn't going to catch up with Trump, that is a mathematical uncertainty.  What Kasich needs to do is deny Trump a popular mandate and be able to claim that the republican base has rallied around him.  And it helps his cause that April is full of states he wants to run in.  Next up is Wisconsin where he is a very serious contender with Rubio gone.  Three weeks after that we've got Colorado, Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Delaware, all liberal states where his brand is going to have a shot.  There aren't any more southern states.  The story at the end of April could be "Kasich, the man who healed the wounded republican party."

If Kasich can go to the convention with 500 delegates and get a contested convention he would be a very strong favorite in the negotiations with party elites.  Trump would have more delegates but Trump would be reeling from three months of failure while Kasich would be on a high from 3 months of victory.  People would forget about the early contests, write them off as the product of a divided field.

It's a highly, highly, highly unorthodox situation.  But primary contests with a lot of candidates have extraordinary results from time to time.  It requires that Kasich really kick some ass.  He needs to build a Wisconsin organization from the ground in three weeks and build a new England organization from the ground in six weeks.  But he will be doing that with a natural constituency.  Look at Sanders competing in Nebraska and look at Jeb Bush failing in New Hampshire and you will see how much of a difference having a candidate with a pulse and a narrative helps in building an organization.  So it's a longshot but it's less of a longshot then it was a week ago.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #14726 on: March 16, 2016, 02:09:16 am »

The story at the end of April could be "Kasich, the man who doomed the world to Hillary's WW3."

Fixed that for you.
Because if Kasich or Cruz wins the nomination, Hillary will be our new president, no fucking contest.

And Hillary wants nothing more then to start a war with Russia over some pissant tyrant in allahland.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #14727 on: March 16, 2016, 02:43:31 am »

The story at the end of April could be "Kasich, the man who doomed the world to Hillary's WW3."

Fixed that for you.
Because if Kasich or Cruz wins the nomination, Hillary will be our new president, no fucking contest.

And Hillary wants nothing more then to start a war with Russia over some pissant tyrant in allahland.

Nah, I could definitely see Kasich winning the White House in a contest against Hillary. He'd definitely take Ohio, and probably a few other swing states as well. However, he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell, so...

Who do you guys think Trump'll pick for veep?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #14729 on: March 16, 2016, 03:09:17 am »

I mean, considering Trump's feeling about his daughter...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.
Pages: 1 ... 980 981 [982] 983 984 ... 1342