Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 905 906 [907] 908 909 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1550345 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Donald J. Trump's Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Beams 2016 Megathread
« Reply #13590 on: March 06, 2016, 06:54:53 pm »

I see somebody else considers a Trump vs Clinton presidential election to be the nightmare scenario as well...

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13591 on: March 06, 2016, 06:56:35 pm »

Cruz must be deluded if the thinks Rubio and Kasich's votes are being kept from him. The only one taking voters away from him is Trump. If Rubio and Kasich left the race, their votes would vanish before going to Cruz.
Nah, don't be so sure about that. I'm from a pretty moderate Republican family, and a lot of them are considering the Ted.
Do you really think he stands a chance against Clinton? He's not going to have the turnout Trump can generate, but then Clinton won't get the protest vote turn-out, either. He still doesn't appeal to enough Republicans. I don't think he can get enough enthusiasm from Republican voters to get them to show up at the polls. And the Hispanic vote that the party had sought from before campaigning has already evaporated. Choosing Cruz as the lesser evil is still tantamount to conceding defeat.

Cruz looks like he'd have a better chance against Clinton. Though you'd better hope he takes lessions from a master debater because while Trump is pretty dang good, Clintons style is completely different.

I see somebody else considers a Trump vs Clinton presidential election to be the nightmare scenario as well...

Wouldn't that be true for much of America anyway?

Family, not me personally. I'm...eh. I'll vote against Trump if he's the nominee. I'll vote against Clinton if she's the nominee and the Republicans choose somebody besides Trump. Besides that...eugh.

Or vote third party if available. But yeah, quite the 'prisioners dillema' type situation.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #13592 on: March 06, 2016, 07:03:01 pm »

It wouldn't be pretty but keep in mind these are the people who managed to shut down government 3 times and turn it into a "he says, she says" issue.  Spreading Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt is their whole fucking raison d'etre.
You're getting your Republicans confused. That was the Tparty. It was the moderates and establishment who chewed them out in Wall Street Journal editorials for it.

Maybe I'm not getting my republicans confused and this is the FUD I was talking about?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13593 on: March 06, 2016, 07:05:17 pm »

Family, not me personally. I'm...eh. I'll vote against Trump if he's the nominee. I'll vote against Clinton if she's the nominee and the Republicans choose somebody besides Trump. Besides that...eugh.
Yeah, I made up my mind about that when he started shit-talking Senator McCain. And I wrote to him, warning him not to respond to him at all, because he's going to be toxic to everyone who touches him. I told him none of the candidates would have the choice not to be exposed to him, but that he did. Now the Republican party is stuck with a choice between two poison pills.

I'm positive I'm voting against Trump first and Bernie second. If it's Cruz, I'm not even going to bother. Cruz isn't getting my support and Clinton doesn't need mine against him anyway, it'll be a stroll for her.

Maybe I'm not getting my republicans confused and this is the FUD I was talking about?
Really. Please elaborate.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13594 on: March 06, 2016, 07:06:10 pm »

Speaking of Tea Party, Cruz has yet to prove that he won't force the US to default on our debt the first chance he gets. What Trump would do when the time comes to raise the debt ceiling, I have no clue.

Yeah, I made up my mind about that when he started shit-talking Senator McCain. And I wrote to him, warning him not to respond to him at all, because he's going to be toxic to everyone who touches him. I told him none of the candidates would have the choice not to be exposed to him, but that he did. Now the Republican party is stuck with a choice between two poison pills.

I don't think it would have mattered if he chose not to respond to him at all.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 07:13:13 pm by smjjames »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #13595 on: March 06, 2016, 07:16:53 pm »

Really. Please elaborate.

Well, my argument is that they created a lot of confusion about their actions.  If this were true and they were successful, wouldn't that mean people such as ourselves would have different ideas about what they had done?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13596 on: March 06, 2016, 07:58:21 pm »

Democratic debate starting soon.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #13597 on: March 06, 2016, 08:20:17 pm »

Apparently Sanders won 66% of the votes yesterday but only got 53% of the delegates.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13598 on: March 06, 2016, 08:21:58 pm »

So the wonders of districting, or...?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13599 on: March 06, 2016, 08:22:43 pm »

Apparently Sanders won 66% of the votes yesterday but only got 53% of the delegates.

Are you including or not including superdelegates in that math?

Also, this from the CNN liveblog: "Hillary Clinton essentially just reciting lines from the campaign ad she is running in Michigan"

Looks like 538 isn't covering this though, apparently.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #13600 on: March 06, 2016, 08:24:02 pm »

Are you including or not including superdelegates in that math?

Pledged delegates.

So the wonders of districting, or...?

Yeah, some congressional districts had much lower turnout.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13601 on: March 06, 2016, 08:33:13 pm »

Sanders is so stubborn with the wall street stuff that no wonder Clinton is calling him a one-issue candidate.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #13602 on: March 06, 2016, 08:50:58 pm »

Sanders is so stubborn with the wall street stuff that no wonder Clinton is calling him a one-issue candidate.

FDR's 1940 campaign is so stubborn on this fighting nazism stuff, damn one-issue candidates.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #13603 on: March 06, 2016, 09:01:21 pm »

FDR's 1940 campaign is so stubborn on this fighting nazism stuff, damn one-issue candidates.

I believe the main issue of the 1940 election was the New Deal.  Race relations, in particular with regard to housing, were important and Roosevelt did not want to be involved in the war at that point.  There was a debate over the draft (which neither candidate supported yet but people were talking about) and arguments over military priorities.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13604 on: March 06, 2016, 09:26:48 pm »

You know, it would be interesting if the republican debates had questions from the audience.
Pages: 1 ... 905 906 [907] 908 909 ... 1342