Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 791 792 [793] 794 795 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1543887 times)

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ted Cruz's Adult Coloring Book and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #11880 on: February 16, 2016, 06:26:59 pm »

I can only afford steel beans for breakfast, but at least they melt in your mouth. Still better than Fluoride Berry or Cap'n CCCP.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11881 on: February 16, 2016, 06:28:15 pm »

TIL steak is a pain to make remotely enjoyable :P

As someone that's cooked a fair bit gluten-free for family (as well as a great devourer of rice, in general), I'll give it's somewhat annoying to make, say, rice bread, but on the confection side of things tasty sweet rice concoctions are really easy and damned delicious, among a whole host of other things. Lotta' grainy stuff you can make with non-gluten products that come out just fine. Bout the worst of it is that sometimes you just don't try to make a one-one equivalent and make something else instead.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11882 on: February 16, 2016, 06:28:36 pm »

Probably. Though with the recruitment problems they're already having, it might not be worth it.

The military doesn't have any particular recruiting problem at the moment, compared to average. These days, even if I wanted to get back in uniform, it'd be a stretch for me to keep my chevrons.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11883 on: February 16, 2016, 06:40:36 pm »

but wheat is cheaper than whatever pseudograin they use instead simply because it's produced on a scale orders of magnitude larger
... isn't the "pseudograin" usually defaulted to when avoiding wheat... rice? There could definitely be scale things going on behind the scenes, but last I noticed the store prices rice actually tends to run lower by unit than just about anything made of wheat. There's not a particularly huge price difference, regardless.

Most of the price differential with stuff marketed as gluten free is just price gouging, so far as I'm aware, with a small side of there being smaller/additional production lines. But mostly just ripping people off.

I had buckwheat in mind, but yeah I guess rice does make plenty of sense. Rice has its own problems, namely poor micronutrient and vitamin content compared to wheat, but I suppose that at least can be made up for with the rest of the meal. I'm glad I'm not responsible for designing an MRE though. Now that I'm actually thinking about it, creating a meal nutritious enough for a highly physically active person in a package compact enough to carry a meaningful quantity, that any ol' asshole can actually prepare and force down (and from what I've heard 'force down' is what goes on) is a pretty impressive achievement.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11884 on: February 16, 2016, 06:53:34 pm »

I think making it palatable is the great achievement.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #11885 on: February 16, 2016, 07:23:04 pm »

I think making it palatable is the great achievement.
well it would be if it ever happened
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11886 on: February 16, 2016, 07:44:30 pm »

Meanwhile, back in the unreality show that is the GOP primary, Jeb Bush tweeted a picture of a handgun with his name engraved on the top of the barrel, and a single word caption: "America".

First, does anybody actually imagine Jeb Bush swaggering around with a pistol? Me neither.

Second, if he panders any harder, he's going to out-Hillary Hillary.

Third, what's next in the quest for South Carolina votes? A tobacco spitting contest? Yelling "Go Cocks!"?? Eating barbecue with mustard??? WHERE DOES THE MADNESS END

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11887 on: February 16, 2016, 07:47:53 pm »

Somebody get that gun away from Jeb before he commits suicide :/

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11888 on: February 16, 2016, 07:50:24 pm »

Meanwhile, back in the unreality show that is the GOP primary, Jeb Bush tweeted a picture of a handgun with his name engraved on the top of the barrel, and a single word caption: "America".

First, does anybody actually imagine Jeb Bush swaggering around with a pistol? Me neither.

Third, what's next in the quest for South Carolina votes? A tobacco spitting contest? Yelling "Go Cocks!"?? Eating barbecue with mustard??? WHERE DOES THE MADNESS END

Eating BBQ hotdogs or hamburgers with mustard is fine. Though maybe it's a sin in the south or something.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11889 on: February 16, 2016, 08:00:40 pm »

... am I the only one that sees that as a threat? Jeb's gunning for america, and is going to bust a cap in its ass (just like the bastard did to florida).
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11890 on: February 16, 2016, 08:11:26 pm »

Sounds to me that he's saying America is planning to kill him (bullet with his name on it and all.)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #11891 on: February 16, 2016, 08:30:51 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehC5aYj2xNc

In particular the end:
"...when it costs us nothing?  And we give up nothing?  You're outta your mind."
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 08:33:26 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11892 on: February 16, 2016, 08:50:22 pm »

In the primary? No. Come general elections? Yes, I think.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11893 on: February 16, 2016, 09:05:14 pm »

Eating BBQ hotdogs or hamburgers with mustard is fine. Though maybe it's a sin in the south or something.
ಠ_ಠ

Barbecue is a noun, not a verb or adjective. At least not in the civilized parts of the country.
And large sections of Lesser Carolina are noted for their heresy of using a mustard-based sauce with their pulled pork.*
Whereas Greater Carolina, although we have a deep division between the Lexington and the Eastern schools, have a general respect for each other and acknowledge each other as legitimate barbecue. It's kinda like the two North Carolina styles are Catholicism and Protestantism, and South Carolina are Coptic or some shit.

*It's actually not bad. The mustard sauce is particularly good with boiled potatoes. But it's still heresy.

@mainiac: Considering that both Hillary and Jeb have an image problem regarding "authenticity", I think it has costs.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 09:12:06 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11894 on: February 16, 2016, 09:10:58 pm »

As a true North Carolinian, I agree with everything the man just said, though I do not fully understand it.
Get out Southern heathens.
Pages: 1 ... 791 792 [793] 794 795 ... 1342