Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 730 731 [732] 733 734 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1544104 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Ted Cruz's Adult Coloring Book and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #10965 on: February 02, 2016, 05:33:24 pm »

What did white liberals ask for?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10966 on: February 02, 2016, 05:33:50 pm »

Which I still don't fathom. It's not like he's running against Obama or Booker, or anyone that's actually....y'know...BLACK.
Ol' Bill is rather popular with that demographic, isn't he? That's a huge advantage Hilly has over Sanders.
Which I also don't fathom. Hillary is not Bill in a pantsuit. I would *vote* for Bill in a pantsuit.

I"m loving all this "third most favorable state" bullshit. Based purely on "how white?" and "how liberal?".
If Democrats are that fucking shallow, then yeah, I suppose it's a foregone conclusion. At the very least, he delays Clinton's coronation for a few months.

What did white liberals ask for?
Someone that isn't bought and paid for? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #10967 on: February 02, 2016, 05:35:53 pm »

I imagine it's so superdeligates can "cancel out" a split popular vote with the "establishment" vote.

I wonder why the republicans don't have that thing? Though they'd probably scatter to various establishment candidates rather than coalesce around a single one.
Probably because it goes against the whole "one man one vote" thingy. I know that the United states was built to not have that be the case, but for the primaries at least, only people who actually care about politics are going to vote, so having people like that would just screw with everything.

I don't even understand why thay don't all do the whole primary directly and all at once. (Thouh I imagine it's probably some obsolete throwback to earlier days)
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10968 on: February 02, 2016, 05:36:04 pm »

Which I still don't fathom. It's not like he's running against Obama or Booker, or anyone that's actually....y'know...BLACK.
Ol' Bill is rather popular with that demographic, isn't he? That's a huge advantage Hilly has over Sanders.
Which is absolutely absurd. She's favored because her husband is viewed positively, and meanwhile Bernie "student organizer for the SNCC and CRE" "led first civil rights sit-in in Chicago" "was arrested for participating in civil rights protests" Sanders gets the cold shoulder.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10969 on: February 02, 2016, 05:41:12 pm »

Is he pushing that?
If not, he should be...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #10970 on: February 02, 2016, 05:44:11 pm »

Is he pushing that?
If not, he should be...

No he is not.  Maybe it's because his entire campaign has been built around respecting voters.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10971 on: February 02, 2016, 05:45:51 pm »

#HillarySoBlack she's being investigated by the Feds.
#HillarySoBlack she knows what it's like to be sold to the highest bidder.

Is he pushing that?
If not, he should be...

No he is not.  Maybe it's because his entire campaign has been built around respecting voters.
And I'm beginning to think that's a losing strategy in America. Pandering obviously works far better.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 05:47:53 pm by RedKing »

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #10972 on: February 02, 2016, 05:48:38 pm »

Hey guys, someone tell me why Hillary isn't out there reminding voters she's white?

Seriously, someone give me an straight answer to that question.  Why doesn't Hillary go out on the campaign trail and play up the white angle and appeal to white voters based on that common bond she shares with them?  Most of you are white.  Would you like the idea of a politician trying to appeal to your race?

Then after you've answered that question maybe you can answer the question of why Bernie Sanders is acting the way he is with respect to non-white voters.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10973 on: February 02, 2016, 05:50:34 pm »

I'd like the idea of a politician appealing to his personal involvement in The Civil Rights Movement, though.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #10974 on: February 02, 2016, 05:52:46 pm »

I'd like the idea of a politician appealing to his personal involvement in The Civil Rights Movement, though.

And if he pulls off an upset he will probably make good hay of it in the general election where the optics wouldn't be absofuckinglutely horrible.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10975 on: February 02, 2016, 05:55:21 pm »

If you look at the link I provided, her campaign is obviously trying to make her seem a little more Latino. Except it's like adding jalapenos to a hot dog and calling it "Southwestern".

I'm not criticizing Sanders for not playing a race card of any kind. But it's frustrating when you see him (or any politician) losing for taking the high ground. It pissed me off just as much when McCain got shellacked in South Carolina in 2000 by Karl Rove's robocalling about McCain's "black baby", and McCain's refusal to get into race politics or push back too hard for fear of being seen as overly racist himself.

EDIT: And I see that my idea of Sanders touting Booker as a VP pick probably won't fly, since Booker already endorsed Clinton. He could float Rep. Keith Ellison as a potential VP pick, but having an openly Muslim Vice-Presidential pick would be incredibly toxic in the general election.

Also find it ironic that #BernieSoWhite's two Congressional endorsements are from a black guy (Ellison) and a Latino (Rep. Raul Grijalva).
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 06:06:57 pm by RedKing »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #10976 on: February 02, 2016, 06:05:33 pm »

Actually I take back everything I said before.  How can we forget the way Hillary Clinton shamelessly pandered to white people?
https://www.hillaryclinton.com/feed/2015-republican-politics-explained-star-wars/
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #10977 on: February 02, 2016, 06:08:21 pm »

Hey guys, someone tell me why Hillary isn't out there reminding voters she's white?

Seriously, someone give me an straight answer to that question.  Why doesn't Hillary go out on the campaign trail and play up the white angle and appeal to white voters based on that common bond she shares with them?  Most of you are white.  Would you like the idea of a politician trying to appeal to your race?

Then after you've answered that question maybe you can answer the question of why Bernie Sanders is acting the way he is with respect to non-white voters.

Because people specifically asked Bernie what he's done for black people? BLM started protesting him (and not Trump, for some reason), and now it's apparently "bad" for him to address that?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #10978 on: February 02, 2016, 06:10:18 pm »

Wasn't Bernie's civil rights record brought up after the BLM people disrupted the Sanders rally?

"Black lives, of course, matter. I spent 50 years of my life fighting for civil rights and for dignity," he said then. "But if you don't want me to be here, that's OK. I don't want to out-scream people."
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 06:13:28 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10979 on: February 02, 2016, 06:12:59 pm »

Actually I take back everything I said before.  How can we forget the way Hillary Clinton shamelessly pandered to white people?
https://www.hillaryclinton.com/feed/2015-republican-politics-explained-star-wars/

That piece summarizes everything I hate about the Clinton campaign so much better than I ever could have.

This is pretty much what I think of any time Hillary or her campaign tries to make her seem like she "connects".

Pages: 1 ... 730 731 [732] 733 734 ... 1342