Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 617 618 [619] 620 621 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1549728 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Ted Cruz's Netflix and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #9270 on: January 06, 2016, 12:28:41 pm »

You can make some decent bread with just flour, water, and the seasoning packets from the ramen they've got (gotta have salt), but without leavening I hope they know how to make a decent flatbread.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9271 on: January 06, 2016, 12:45:07 pm »

My favorite part is the one granola bar.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9272 on: January 06, 2016, 12:48:12 pm »

Same.

You can make some decent bread with just flour, water, and the seasoning packets from the ramen they've got (gotta have salt), but without leavening I hope they know how to make a decent flatbread.
Yeah, particularly since they're about to have no electricity for refrigerating.  Room temperature flour-gruel isn't great, but I've eaten it out of laziness.  Seasoning (even the ramen stuff) helps a lot.

The macaroni is edible with just water too, given time.  Of the things mentioned, the potatoes would give me the most trouble...  Maybe if they cut them up really well?  I know people eat raw potato occasionally, but I think it's hard to digest.  Also possible that they have a solar oven or other heat source.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9273 on: January 06, 2016, 12:51:39 pm »

Guys, clearly they will make unleavened bread.  They are the chosen people going to the promised land.  And the generator oil will last as long as it needs to.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9274 on: January 06, 2016, 01:07:28 pm »

Raisins are actually a source of yeast used in baking. Yeast grows on grapes, that's how they discovered wine making.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 01:09:50 pm by Reelya »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9275 on: January 06, 2016, 01:13:23 pm »

I love raw tatties, man. They're great!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9276 on: January 06, 2016, 01:15:33 pm »

They're basically poison :V

Fairly mild, but the raw stuff isn't good for you. To quote the relevant google results,
Raw potatoes contain alkaloids. You can have diarrhea, cramps and vomiting. Whereas green potatoes with lots of solanine can cause hallucinations and heart rhythm problems. And if you eat a lot of raw green potatoes, it could kill you.

Can get away with it, sometimes, with smaller amounts, but... probably not the best idea. Cook your spud before spudsuming.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9277 on: January 06, 2016, 01:19:40 pm »

Tsk. All ye people of little faith. God will provide.

They're basically poison :V

Fairly mild, but the raw stuff isn't good for you. To quote the relevant google results,
Raw potatoes contain alkaloids. You can have diarrhea, cramps and vomiting. Whereas green potatoes with lots of solanine can cause messages from god and heart rhythm problems. And if you eat a lot of raw green potatoes, it could kill you.

Can get away with it, sometimes, with smaller amounts, but... probably not the best idea. Cook your spud before spudsuming.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9278 on: January 06, 2016, 01:23:53 pm »

Wonder if anyone ever tried to get high off of green potatoes.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9279 on: January 06, 2016, 01:37:20 pm »

Wonder if anyone ever tried to get high off of green potatoes.

Almost certainly.

If they try to shoot anyone to get more food though, it'll probably be the police cordon while they're attempting a breakout. There are a good number of them in there, and they're well armed and presumably at least sort of competent. I don't think they can break out, but if they get desperate and don't surrender for whatever reason they'll probably get to thinking so before they turn on each other.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9280 on: January 06, 2016, 01:41:53 pm »

How are they going to work out who eats what in a free-market fashion? After all, rationing or communal cooking is pretty leftist / big governmenty.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9281 on: January 06, 2016, 01:44:51 pm »

... wait, they actually have a cordon up now, baff? Last I'd heard (like, yesterday or something), the cops/other officials were still just kinda' sitting around with their forearms stuck up their arses, doing more or less nothing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9282 on: January 06, 2016, 02:13:23 pm »

No, no cordon yet. They are supposedly going to block the roads after the power and phones are cut. Guess they really don't need a full perimeter, considering it's miles and miles of forest around. The irony is that they'll probably shoot and kill and animal for food on Federal park land, which will constitute yet another crime.

Does Oregon have wolves/brown bears? Would be rather amusing if they got eaten by the local wildlife.

Guys, clearly they will make unleavened bread.  They are the chosen people going to the promised land.  And the generator oil will last as long as it needs to.
And thus began Honky-ah, the holiday to celebrate the miracle of the Maccabundys.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9283 on: January 06, 2016, 02:24:57 pm »

Yeah, they're about 30 miles from the nearest town. They could still get a little bit of supply in from town if they really tried, but whoever they send through the woods is far more likely to just get lost, and even if they didn't they wouldn't be back for days. Blocking the roads is all that really needs to be done.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 02:35:40 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9284 on: January 06, 2016, 02:28:09 pm »

My favorite part is the one granola bar.

You just now they were all instructed to each and everyone buy and bring food in certain amounts, and then there was this one asshole who forgot and just grabbed a granola bar from the pantry on his way out.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 617 618 [619] 620 621 ... 1342