Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1548633 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread- Voting Trump/Wallace in '168
« Reply #8625 on: December 23, 2015, 07:47:57 am »

It's like the burner wallet strategy, the open gun only has a magazine of over-packed blanks and the concealed gun has all the real bullets. They steal the open gun, blow their own hand off trying to shoot you, and then are shot with the concealed gun. It's genius!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8626 on: December 23, 2015, 08:08:35 am »

In order to more perfectly emulate their cultural hero, Charles Bronson.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8627 on: December 23, 2015, 08:19:35 am »

It's like the burner wallet strategy, the open gun only has a magazine of over-packed blanks and the concealed gun has all the real bullets. They steal the open gun, blow their own hand off trying to shoot you, and then are shot with the concealed gun. It's genius!

I've always had trouble with my burner wallet. Certainly people gets upset at people carrying around thermite
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8629 on: December 23, 2015, 08:52:44 am »

Convenience maybe? You can just shove your gun at the bottom of your handbag, or wear a coat without having to check people can see your gun.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8630 on: December 23, 2015, 09:39:39 am »

That would be most of it, yes. Concealed carry permits also apply to weapons that aren't guns -- technically, if you're going to be toting a pocket knife of any meaningful size (which a lot of people do in more rural areas, because the things are damn useful), you require a CCW permit to do so legally in many states.

Now, basically no one does for that reason, and there is a shit ton of people in a lot of states that can be brought up on charges for that at pretty much a moment's notice, but it's another reason to have one.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8631 on: December 23, 2015, 09:49:17 am »

If law enforcement wants to nail anyone for something, there's always something. At the lower levels we have disorderly conduct and resisting arrest, then various other things as the person who wants to nail you to the wall gets more powerful. Interfering with a Federal investigation is one of the easier ones, but there's a good list of them, if the wrong prosecutor decides to take a dislike to you.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8632 on: December 23, 2015, 10:14:21 am »

I suppose you could just open carry a cow executioner full of blanks, that removes fingers with or without bullets

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8633 on: December 23, 2015, 11:58:55 am »

On a societal level, it could also function as a disincentive to crime against strangers.  If any random person has a significant chance of hiding a gun that they could and would use to injure or kill any attacker, a mugger would conceivably avoid mugging people based on opportunity alone, which protects those who do not themselves conceal-carry.

In theory, at least.  Obviously, in practice is another matter.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8634 on: December 23, 2015, 12:24:18 pm »

An issue being there's nothing stopping the mugger from also carrying a concealed weapon with which to mug you :0
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8635 on: December 23, 2015, 12:27:37 pm »

And interesting note:
http://www.eschatonblog.com/2015/12/its-grift.html

What if Rubios lack of experience on the national scene means he is wasting money on useless campaign people?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8636 on: December 23, 2015, 12:30:18 pm »

An issue being there's nothing stopping the mugger from also carrying a concealed weapon with which to mug you :0
Nothing ever stopping a mugger from doing so

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8637 on: December 23, 2015, 12:33:39 pm »

I don't get the logic for carrying a concealed weapon to protect against a mugger. The mugger(s) is going to already have their weapon out & they are not exactly going to let you rummage around in your handbag to get the weapon out.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8638 on: December 23, 2015, 12:36:52 pm »

Nothing ever stopping a mugger from doing so

Well it's illegal.  The law probably does about as much deterrence of mugging as the guns do utterance of muggings but if the police do happen to detain someone with a concealed gun in a state where it's illegal that person can be put in jail.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8639 on: December 23, 2015, 12:53:49 pm »

Which is fairly common, so far as I'm aware. You pretty regularly hear about folks booked (at least in part) for weapons carry or violating probation for similar reasons. Debatable how much that's a good thing, considering it's often in regards to folks that are otherwise non-violent or didn't commit other law violations, but it happens.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 1342