Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 536 537 [538] 539 540 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1544650 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread- Voting Trump/Wallace in '168
« Reply #8055 on: December 12, 2015, 11:16:24 pm »

What does ignore even do?
Hides the ignored user's posts behind a button, kinda' like a passive spoiler feature. Providing javascript is on, anyway. If it's not, it just puts "You are ignoring this user." on the top of the post and continues as normal. Useful for shock image posts, folks you've heard enough from to realize there's no longer much of a point of listening to 'em, and so on.

Spoiler: Looks like this (click to show/hide)
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8056 on: December 12, 2015, 11:19:54 pm »

Yeah, poe's is the one about arguments you can't tell apart from parody. Godwin's the nazis, Murphy's the worst case scenarios one (that one more or less predates the internet, though). Then there's sturgeon's (most stuff is crap, news at 11), which is actually a revelation but most people call it a law anyway. And more. Always more.
Ask not!
Ask!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8057 on: December 12, 2015, 11:26:22 pm »

I thought about using it on That Wolf, but ended up just skipping his posts instead. He got banned a few days later anyways.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #8058 on: December 12, 2015, 11:31:39 pm »

What was with that guy, anyway? I remember seeing some wacky posts from in scattered threads, but I never really read the religion thread and his apparent corresponding madness there.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8059 on: December 12, 2015, 11:41:12 pm »

Tawarochir: Have a look in the post anti-biotic world thread:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=154053.msg6621016#msg6621016
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8060 on: December 12, 2015, 11:42:15 pm »

I'd like to note that Indiana Jones slept with a Nazi. Anyone who wouldn't support Indy is clearly unfit for any sort of polite or impolite conversation. That is all.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #8061 on: December 13, 2015, 12:11:48 am »

o_O

It is for the best.

I'm going to go back to lurking now.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8062 on: December 13, 2015, 01:55:44 am »

Mm, here's my total ignore list:
+A bunch of mediocre Toadburger shock-spamming alts.
+One guy, who I won't name, who went out of his way to troll me into raging and then reported me on multiple occasions.

There are people on here who I strongly disagree with, who get my blood boiling, &c. &c. There are times where I realize that if I say anything at all it'll probably be moderately or totally unwarranted personal attacks. What do I do when that happens? I leave the thread and let it sit for a day or three, then only view the latest page of replies. I'm not going to blanket-censor anyone just because I don't like them or what they say, especially when there's a more evenhanded solution granted to each and every one of us alongside other aspects of the ability to think and reason.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8063 on: December 13, 2015, 06:00:18 am »

Slow day in American politics? I have to go back several pages to read any.

Anyway the trouble with ignoring someone is if it's worth the bother then they're likely to start a ship-fight & be quoted several times anyway.

See this is why someone like ThatWolf would never make my ignore list. Life would just be far less, ah, interesting.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 06:22:15 am by wobbly »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8064 on: December 13, 2015, 06:28:56 am »

Every day in American politics is a slow day this decade, because as far as meaningful change goes nothing fucking happens. It's the political equivalent of that scene in Return of the Jedi where Boba Fett bounces off the side of Jabba's barge and rolls into the Sarlacc pit if you played it at 10% speed. Reagan getting elected is Han stabbing Fett's jetpack, and the 2000 election is his first rebound off the hull of the barge.

Anyone want to find the proper figure and multiply it by ten so that we know how long we'll be digested for?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8065 on: December 13, 2015, 08:50:39 am »

Every day in American politics is a slow day this decade, because as far as meaningful change goes nothing fucking happens. It's the political equivalent of that scene in Return of the Jedi where Boba Fett bounces off the side of Jabba's barge and rolls into the Sarlacc pit if you played it at 10% speed. Reagan getting elected is Han stabbing Fett's jetpack, and the 2000 election is his first rebound off the hull of the barge.

Anyone want to find the proper figure and multiply it by ten so that we know how long we'll be digested for?

I hear Boba Fett managed to crawl back out. He's just that badass.

Anyways, the debate lineup is going to be revealed a bit later.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8066 on: December 13, 2015, 09:11:33 am »

Out of context he seems crazier
Not even OOC thread worthy, just crazy

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8067 on: December 13, 2015, 11:54:38 am »

I hear Boba Fett managed to crawl back out. He's just that badass.

Anyways, the debate lineup is going to be revealed a bit later.

I'm sure he was helped out by another bounty hunter, though I can't remember the name as I haven't read that one. For some reason I think it was Bossk, but they were big rivals so that seems unlikely. It's not canon anyway... /Star Wars pedantry and butthurt

A question: does the veritable smorgasbord of GOP candidates, relative to the few (Clinton and Sanders?) Democrat candidates, strike anyone as odd?

Perhaps the Democrats not wanting to challenge Clinton? (something I would consider to be quite foolish)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

bobchaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8068 on: December 13, 2015, 12:04:24 pm »

I thought I'd reassure all my southern neighbors that Mr. Trump is no threat to anyone. Most serious politician in your congress and senate think him a fool, which means that even if elected he couldn't possibly turn the US into the 4th Reich. US presidents are not allowed to declare war, nor can they pass a budget, without congress. How's he gonna (insert any of Trump's crazy ideas here) without congressional support? The man's a joke in political circles, and soon enough you will all miss him because comedians will run out of material when he gets off the stage XD

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8069 on: December 13, 2015, 12:21:57 pm »

... you seem to think all of his crazy ideas have no congressional support, heh. More than one (The wall, much of his immigration policies, a lot of the foreign belligerence, almost certainly more I'm forgetting) are pretty much bog standard republican policy points, just (at most) somewhat exaggerated. Assuming he actually got POTUS, he would have plenty of support to implement a lot of what he's suggesting. Probably watered down somewhat, but that still rumbles its way into more or less nightmare scenarios.

And I'm fairly sure many "serious" politicians -- the conservative ones, anyway, and probably a lot of the more corporate aligned democrat ones, too -- would be perfectly cheerful to have a "fool" as POTUS, ready to sign off on all sorts of crazy shit, heh. You don't have to take someone seriously to work with them, y'know?
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 536 537 [538] 539 540 ... 1342