Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1547817 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: American Election Megathread- Voting Trump/Wallace in '168
« Reply #4470 on: September 21, 2015, 05:40:49 pm »

Calling all abortion murder shows a breathtaking lack of understanding of the concept. Just promise you won't start singing "every sperm is sacred."
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: September 21, 2015, 05:41:29 pm »

Oh, gosh, can we not have the abortion debate?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4472 on: September 21, 2015, 05:42:09 pm »

quash kasich hasn't been mentioned yet on this page, so, uh.

go kasich. woo.

or rubio.

or generally somebody non-insane.

Calling all abortion murder shows a breathtaking lack of understanding of the concept. Just promise you won't start singing "every sperm is sacred."

dear god why are we talking about abortion, respect everybody elses opinions, testicles spectacles wallet and watch, i'm out before somebody gets bant.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4473 on: September 21, 2015, 05:44:33 pm »

Non-insane innit getting the polls, mate. Maybe that'll change in the next few months, who knows. I wouldn't give particularly good odds on it.

Though abortion's probably coming up because of the current shutdown jousting. The whole Video of Lies thing, conservative attempts to throw babies out without getting any bathwater thrown out in the process, while also setting fire to the neighborhood, etc., etc.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4474 on: September 21, 2015, 05:46:10 pm »

In this circumstance, yes.

Calling all abortion murder shows a breathtaking lack of understanding of the concept.

And how is that? Please, enlighten me.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4475 on: September 21, 2015, 05:50:36 pm »

You guys might as well off now to another thread before you light the powder keg in this one. The Ameripol thread doesn't need to rehash this debate again.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 05:55:40 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #4476 on: September 21, 2015, 05:57:56 pm »

This isn't actually the place to try and convince anybody else of a political position they should hold. It is, however, a good place to discuss current events, debate the merits of claims politicians make (in light of a given poster's political positions), and other things that actually emerge from political positions. The root cause will burn us all, though, as we were but fleshy tinder before a roaring inferno of banhammers.

I'm not entirely clear on what a banhammer is made of, but fire is as good as anything.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4477 on: September 21, 2015, 05:59:55 pm »

Just promise you won't start singing "every sperm is sacred."
Don't worry, that's my cue.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4478 on: September 21, 2015, 06:13:48 pm »

Well, if you've got the music, I've got the scrotum pumps and ovum harvesters. Together, we can save the billions of people*murdered every day by individuals' refusal to incessantly procreate! Maybe we'll even manage to get the exowombs up and functional and save all the lives attempting to naturally carry fetuses to term end!
*Not actually people.
It'll be a gay ol' time, ahaha!

... seriously though, how's the polls doing? I hear fio... whatever it is... came up a bit after that last debate?
Ask not!
Ask!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4479 on: September 21, 2015, 06:17:20 pm »

I would love it if the Democrats split up after the Republicans did, when they saw that they could get away with splitting off and not just guaranteeing a Republican victory. As it is I have to choose between a candidate that hates poor people and foreigners, and a candidate that tolerates1 poor people but supports abortion. And what kind of choice is that?

1they still don't actually care, but at least they aren't actively doing harm.
Eh, abortion is sort of a small issue, isn't it? Its importance is more ideological than practical. How many critical abortions, ie abortions that you would rather not allow, happen each year in the US?

Small? You haven't seen how big a deal people make it here in the US.

For me, it's more that I have to choose between two candidates who overwhelmingly support Wall Street-style capitalism (regardless of some of the rhetoric being tossed around lately).

The only ones (other than Sanders) who actually have some economically populist stands tend to often be the same people who somehow think Wall Street is in cahoots with poor people to steal money from the middle-class. Or think money is the Mark of the Beast. Or think the Bilderbergs and the Trilateral Commission are using the orbital mind control lasers to run everything.

I just want a socially liberal, common-sense social democrat like they have in Scandinavia. Is that too much to ask?

Socially-liberal common-sense social democrat, like Bernie Sanders?

And yes, seriously guys, lets not start the abortion debate........

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4480 on: September 21, 2015, 06:18:35 pm »

polls are unnecessary. i'm not sure you can still trust 538 now that people actually look to them for stuff, but, uh, this is originally from predictwise.

https://espnfivethirtyeight.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/silver-cohen-liveblog-debrief-nomination-odds.png?w=610&h=478

eight percent ain't bad, when you've got bush and trump in the race. i'm surprised i'm not surprised rubio is in second, but I guess he's less insane and more likely to appeal to political elites, even if he is too young by far.

also, kasich woo. tied for second for last with the tea party, fox news, and somebody who isn't even running any more.

and yeah, this is old. like a few days old.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4481 on: September 21, 2015, 06:26:51 pm »

Why hasn't Gilmore dropped out yet? Everybody has stopped even listing him, seems like he's forgotten he's actually running a (non-functional) candidacy.

Anyhow, unlike Perry, Walker actually still had some votes going to him, so, I wonder where that 4% (according to the 538 thing) to 6% (according to the CNN poll) will go.

Edit: Or maybe 2% according to the 'who would be your second choice' poll question. Would be great if we could cross reference how those who picked Walker as second picked as their first choice.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 06:32:06 pm by smjjames »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: September 21, 2015, 06:35:03 pm »

No, no. Bush getting elected would cause another major hurricane. The weather shifts from every school in the country spontaneously combusting would cause some serious storms. Also think of the wildfires, the damage to our infrastructure that would follow a bush election and subsequent educational immolation would be ridiculous.
Ask not!
Ask!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4484 on: September 21, 2015, 06:47:31 pm »

Lol Frumple.

Anyways, Trump is saying he'll unveil his national security team. Well, the voting public is waiting to see if you have serious answers......

I'll be surprised if he has someone on there that is actually competent.
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 1342