Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1548061 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread- Voting Trump/Wallace in '168
« Reply #4290 on: September 15, 2015, 11:36:03 pm »

Baffler 2036: Already bought and paid for by the American Ostrich Association, and cannot be corrupted further.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: September 15, 2015, 11:45:53 pm »

As a paid shill of the Big Ostrich, what ostrich initiatives can we look forward to?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: September 16, 2015, 01:01:46 am »

As a paid shill of the Big Ostrich, what ostrich initiatives can we look forward to?
A really big chicken in every pot!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: September 16, 2015, 01:28:42 am »

Respect out of fear is really not the kind of respect that should be gained from others though....... From our enemies, maybe, but from our allies and friends, no.
Pfft...somebody hasn't read their Machiavelli.
Machiavelli is overrated.  Of course when you publish a book that says "leaders should do all the amoral things that they already do" you're going to be a hit with the upper class.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #4294 on: September 16, 2015, 01:47:02 am »

Respect out of fear is really not the kind of respect that should be gained from others though....... From our enemies, maybe, but from our allies and friends, no.
Pfft...somebody hasn't read their Machiavelli.
Machiavelli is overrated.  Of course when you publish a book that says "leaders should do all the amoral things that they already do" you're going to be a hit with the upper class.
it's called satire
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4295 on: September 16, 2015, 01:55:56 am »

If Trump was Swedish he'd be recommissioning the Wasa.
Love, scriver~

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: September 16, 2015, 01:56:58 am »

-snip
it's called satire
Its called "I really wanted to say that and I had an excuse".
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: September 16, 2015, 06:08:08 am »

Guys, you started with a gross misrepresentation of Machiavelli and you somehow managed to become even worse...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: September 16, 2015, 09:05:44 am »

Well, Trump started as a gross misrepresentation of a Presidential candidate and just keeps managing to become worse, so it's a fair cop.

I, for one, look forward to our globe-spanning empire led by a 73-year old battleship and a 69-year old batshit insane guy.
I'm beginning to think he watched Battleship and thought it was a documentary. "Hey, if those guys could kick a bunch of space aliens' butts, then they should be able to stop illegal aliens!"

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4299 on: September 16, 2015, 09:06:59 am »

Guys, you started with a gross misrepresentation of Machiavelli and you somehow managed to become even worse...
+1

I'm beginning to think he watched Battleship and thought it was a documentary. "Hey, if those guys could kick a bunch of space aliens' butts, then they should be able to stop illegal aliens!"
+1
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4300 on: September 16, 2015, 01:26:37 pm »

I'm telling you all now -- if I get laid-off and I'm still jobless come November, I'm voting Trump just to take the country down with me. Plus, maybe there will be some jobs in the Trumperial Guard.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: September 16, 2015, 01:52:56 pm »

It just occurred to me that Trump's inaugural speech will most definitely include him saying "you're fired" to Obama at some point.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: September 16, 2015, 02:51:58 pm »

My Trump vote plan is similar, though more a celebration of the vacuous nightmare we have made for ourselves.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: September 16, 2015, 03:36:32 pm »

I have to admit, if by some impossible accident he winds up with the nomination, I might be laughing too hard to aim at the right bubble on the ballot and may, in fact, unwittingly vote Trump.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: September 16, 2015, 03:38:58 pm »

Anyhow, the first round is starting in an hour and a half, so, if anybody outside the US wants to watch it, the webstream that CNN will do should be available.
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 1342