Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1549932 times)

DreamCarver

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels breath: Seeking infant.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 2016 Election Megathread- It Was Inevitable
« Reply #1785 on: May 03, 2015, 01:09:06 pm »

I don't think there's any such thing as a non-shitty candidate.

Vote for the least of all evils, such is the way of life.

Anyway, here's Bernie Sanders on the issues:
http://www.ontheissues.org/house/Bernie_Sanders.htm

Already had my eye on him, but now that I'm looking over the track record, I'm really starting to pay more attention to this guy.
"Anything man can imagine is a possibility in reality."
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: May 03, 2015, 01:12:53 pm »

The only problem with Bernie is that he's from Vermont, and Vermont is... weird.

They nearly had universal health care, state-wide, until the governor (?) chickened out.

I don't think Bernie has much chance in the general, or even a primary. And in other news, cows go moo, the sky is blue, and black nor white are neither hue.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: May 03, 2015, 01:16:53 pm »

He didn't chicken out, the state simply couldn't afford it because they were trying to change the cost structure without changing the payment structure and didn't have the revenue stream to pay for that.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: May 03, 2015, 05:03:14 pm »

This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: May 04, 2015, 08:38:15 am »

I'm guessing they mean this. The whole thing has given him a distasteful reputation for petty and vindictive crookery, which is a shame because his policies are actually quite moderate compared to most of his competition (even if that isn't saying much.)

God dammit, Republicans. Is it too much to ask that you field a single not-shitty candidate?

I was fond of pre-election John McCain. And I would have liked to see Ron Paul run, if only to change the conversation. America needs to take a serious look at their foreign policy.

IS there a non-shitty republican candidate? Maybe you could give us an example of a republican who would be non-shitty.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: May 04, 2015, 08:54:12 am »

"No continence survives contact with the electorate" is how it seems to go, really.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: May 04, 2015, 09:16:36 am »

It damned frustrating.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: May 04, 2015, 12:48:51 pm »

@Israel
Damn, we can just continue to keep talking about how bad it is can't we? Necktenyahoo's ride, its final destination is pretty clear.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: May 04, 2015, 03:54:01 pm »

Quoting Al Jazeerah with anything related to Israel is like quoting Komsomolskaya Pravda with anything related to the Ukraine.

As for the BBC article. did some digging:

http://ngo-monitor.org/article/europe_to_breaking_the_silence_bring_us_as_many_incriminating_testimonies_as_possible

So, an organization that is getting paid proportionally by its ability to dig incriminating testimonies against israeli soldiers. gee, i wonder what could go wrong. since they didn't bring any proof with most of their allegations, could they simply make or alter ones up so they could collect their precious funds?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 04:13:31 pm by Vilanat »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: May 04, 2015, 04:00:36 pm »

It came with a link from the BBC saying the exact same thing. Is that White enough for you?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: May 04, 2015, 04:06:06 pm »

... still wondering why this is being brought up in this thread instead of, y'know, a thread closer to the geographic region in question, but I will say the "special measures to try to avoid harming civilians" line amused the hell out of me. I can only imagine they were measures similar to what the US used when they categorized every adult male in an area as a militant :V

Easiest way in the world to avoid harming civilians, really. Just call them all non-civilians, problem solved!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: May 04, 2015, 04:07:30 pm »

It came with a link from the BBC saying the exact same thing. Is that White enough for you?

Not exactly the same thing - the BBC points out that the report quoted gives no proof to back up their claims, and that there is no independent confirmation either. Al Jazeera makes it seem like it is a proven fact.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: May 04, 2015, 04:29:47 pm »

@Israel
Damn, we can just continue to keep talking about how bad it is can't we? Necktenyahoo's ride, its final destination is pretty clear.
Well, we can - for example, I replied to Owlie via PM instead of publically to avoid continuing the derail. I'm confident that others are able to take similar special measures to try to avoid harming the thread.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: May 04, 2015, 05:17:27 pm »

Well, I mean, there is this guy.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: May 04, 2015, 05:47:41 pm »

Theres also Carly Fiorina, who started up her run today. She is probably notable for attempting to run for California Senator, and failing.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 1342