Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1547050 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 2016 Election Megathread- It Was Inevitable
« Reply #1380 on: April 14, 2015, 02:59:00 pm »

Biden isn't officially running though (yet), theres a difference.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: April 14, 2015, 03:01:50 pm »

True, though I feel like it's a bit of a chicken and egg thing. He hasn't gotten into the race precisely because he knows very few people in the party would seriously support him, especially if Clinton is in the race.

Not that my vote will count for shit (because NC is nearly last on the primary calendar), but I'll probably vote for Bernie Sanders. Doesn't have a shot in hell of winning the nomination or the election, but I will not go quietly into that good night of pragmatic corporatism.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 03:03:49 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: April 14, 2015, 03:03:50 pm »

Or he is banking on becoming Hillarys VP?

Really though, I'm wondering what her VP shortlist is, but then again, that can change a lot due to various things.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: April 14, 2015, 03:04:42 pm »

I dunno....can you be VP three terms in a row? Think there might be limits on that. Not sure it's ever come up before, to be honest.

I would think she'd pick a southern progressive to balance the ticket. Although finding one could be the bigger difficulty. The left wing of the party is virtually extinct in the South these days, save for isolated pockets in college towns. Certainly no nationally recognizable figures, other than possibly Rep. John Lewis (D-GA). And he's already 75, which doesn't allay any concerns about Hillary's age.

Mark Warner would fit the bill from a Southern perspective, but he's a centrist as well. Tim Kaine is another, but he's even further to the right.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 03:15:42 pm by RedKing »

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: April 14, 2015, 03:06:38 pm »

The chances of him becoming Hillarys VP are extremely low anyway.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: April 14, 2015, 03:12:17 pm »

Spoiler: Hillary's Prime VP (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: April 14, 2015, 03:14:51 pm »

Biden would make an excellent hitman for Billary's administration; he's too valuable to be wasted on such a menial job as VP.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: April 14, 2015, 03:17:09 pm »

Now that's a fascinating question -- would it be legal for the President to be married to the Vice-President??

And I believe Bill is not eligible, because one of the prime jobs for the VP is to be the "understudy" in case the President takes a dirt nap. And since he's ineligible to be President again...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: April 14, 2015, 03:19:53 pm »

Actually, you're allowed to be President for a grand total of ten years under the interpretation of the law. You just can only be elected in four-year terms. Therefore, he could take the role of President for two more years total if needed.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: April 14, 2015, 03:21:45 pm »

Yep, I believe Johnson (or whatever dude succeeded Kennedy) could have gotten re-elected twice.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: April 14, 2015, 03:24:17 pm »

The legal opinion is mixed as to how the 22nd amendment and a provision of the 12th ("no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice President of the United States.") interacts. That alone would disqualify Bill from serious consideration, given the Birther mess and the inevitable shitstorm that he would cause.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: April 14, 2015, 03:46:31 pm »

« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 07:51:14 am by penguinofhonor »

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: April 15, 2015, 12:39:38 am »

Ah, yes, Facebook election season has begun. The first acquaintance has reshared an image macro comparing Hillary Clinton to Hitler. I'm sure there's more to come in the months ahead...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: April 15, 2015, 09:44:14 am »

Having Bill Clinton as a VP would create quite the shitstorm and besides, seems like he would rather be a 'First Dude' than VP since being VP would steal Hillarys thunder and stuff.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: April 15, 2015, 11:34:34 am »

Ah, yes, Facebook election season has begun. The first acquaintance has reshared an image macro comparing Hillary Clinton to Hitler. I'm sure there's more to come in the months ahead...
That's an insult to Hitler. At least he could un-fuck an economy.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 1342