Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1549040 times)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 2016 Election Megathread- It Is Terrifying
« Reply #1111 on: March 24, 2015, 03:39:05 pm »

Ted Cruz birtherism is irony. It's world-class irony, with conservatives declaring that which country you were born in, and the nationality of your father, is irrelevant to running for president. As long as your mother was an American citizen then you're automatically a natural born citizen and eligible to run for president.

Ted Cruz, born in Canada to a Cuban father. 100% American President material.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: March 24, 2015, 03:45:53 pm »

tedcruzforamerica.com
tedcruz.com
tedcruzforpresident.com/
tedcruz2016.com/
...dont the elections always come to something like this.....
No, most politicians running for president register domain names that can be used against them. Cruz is a strong independent legislator who don't need no registration. But for everyone else, when you don't snatch up those names right quick, trolls attack.

Cruz will in all certainty not win. He may be able to accomplish other things, so if he has plans that don't involve becoming President he may well accomplish them. But he's not going to win.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: March 24, 2015, 04:50:17 pm »

Ted Cruz birtherism is irony. It's world-class irony, with conservatives declaring that which country you were born in, and the nationality of your father, is irrelevant to running for president. As long as your mother was an American citizen then you're automatically a natural born citizen and eligible to run for president.

Wasn't it some other senator/representative that was born in Canada and not Ted Cruz?

I'd love to see the republicans get smacked with the ridiculousness that the birther movement was for Obama. Though this time the birthers would have a more legitimate argument than they ever did with Obama.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: March 24, 2015, 04:54:59 pm »

Wasn't it some other senator/representative that was born in Canada and not Ted Cruz?

Quote from: wikipedia
Cruz was born on December 22, 1970 in Calgary, Alberta, Canada where his parents, Eleanor Elizabeth Darragh Wilson and Rafael Bienvenido Cruz, were working in the oil business
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: March 24, 2015, 05:59:10 pm »

I doubt any but the attack dogs will go after his nationality. To play that game would make the dems just as bad as the republicans, only their base wouldn't hand wave that kind of hypocrisy.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: March 24, 2015, 09:44:33 pm »

Come on guys. Calgary is basically USA North. Your average Albertan isn't much different from your average Montanan, all things considered.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: March 24, 2015, 10:22:33 pm »

It's not a question of culture, it's a question of law, specifically the Republican party's blind spot vis a vis Obama and Cruz being eligible for the Presidency.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: March 24, 2015, 10:23:46 pm »

Come on guys. Calgary is basically USA North. Your average Albertan isn't much different from your average Montanan, all things considered.

The preferred comparison that I've seen is Alberta and Texas.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: March 24, 2015, 11:07:48 pm »

Oil, cowboys, horrible treatment of natives, conservative politics, asshole nation leaders coming from there... Yeah, Texas is basically American Alberta.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: March 24, 2015, 11:08:40 pm »

It's not a question of culture, it's a question of law, specifically the Republican party's blind spot vis a vis Obama and Cruz being eligible for the Presidency.
Well at least Canada is on the right continent. None of this "Pacific island" nonsense. Also, who knew Kenya was in Hawaii? Not me, that's for sure.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: March 25, 2015, 02:09:18 am »

Yup, thats one thing I cant stand about politics, everyone is a hypocrite. Whatever happened to actually having some decency?

But really, if Obama can get away with it, IF the dems are actually honest, they wont have a problem with Cruz being Canadian born. But thats a big if.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: March 25, 2015, 02:15:47 am »

Decency doesn't get you bribes donations.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: March 25, 2015, 02:37:02 am »

The preferred comparison that I've seen is Alberta and Texas.

I just use Montana as an example since they border each other. If you talked to someone in Alberta about politics and then drove across the border to Montana to talk to someone else, you'd probably find they tend to agree on the issues.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: March 25, 2015, 03:34:57 am »

... agreeing on issues has basically nothing to do with the whole birther bullshit.

Mind you, not much beyond racism (and maybe a bit of xenophobia if you're being charitable) had anything to do with the birther BS, but cultural or ideological similarity wasn't even a notable blip on the discussion map.

If the dems pushed it, it would probably be more about passing the jackass bong back, with maybe a side of "Hey, fookin' law m8". Not worries over cultural disparity. No one gave a hoot about that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 1342